Best Noise Canceling Headphones Vol. Available in BestBuy

853157e596ab25e1e6f076e431e417ee8471782.gif
 at all the people recommending Beats by Dre

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Some of you nt'ers are so brainwashed that beats are the good headphones. If you knew anything THE BEATS ARE NOT NOISE CANCELLING, THEY ARE NOISE ISOLATION. A BIG DIFFERENCE IF KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SOUND AND OP ASKED FOR NOISE CANCELLATION.
You always come off as an %@# (rhymes with bass) in your post exp. Jacket thread. If you knew anything the Beats are noise canceling. The Beats do produce a sound that blocks out sound which makes them noise canceling. And even if there were noise isolation doesn't make them bad headphones. Noise isolation blocks out more dB then noise canceling headphones because most drivers can't handle pushing out more then X amount of dB. Sit in a corner until you know what you're talking about. And most headphone threads have people saying not to buy the beats, but he only gave so many options.

And it seems like people are hopping on the anti-Beats bandwagon. They aren't bad headphones. They're pretty good, they're just OD expensive for what you get, BUT if you care about the aesthetics (the Beats are some pretty headphones) and the Monster name go right ahead.

I am only limiting myself to BestBuy because, I want to utilize best buy employee discount.

As of now, I am looking at the Monster Beats by Dre ($300) and the Bose QuietComfort 15 ($300). But using the BestBuy employee discount cuts that price nearly 40%+, which is a good thing.

I may be getting the terms messed up, (Noise Canceling vs. Noise Isolation).. I want a headphones, that I can put on and listen to music and not hear anything from the outside, and even better if the outside can't hear the music coming from my headphones.
nerd.gif

Any other recommendations?

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

I am only limiting myself to BestBuy because, I want to utilize best buy employee discount.

As of now, I am looking at the Monster Beats by Dre ($300) and the Bose QuietComfort 15 ($300). But using the BestBuy employee discount cuts that price nearly 40%+, which is a good thing.

I may be getting the terms messed up, (Noise Canceling vs. Noise Isolation).. I want a headphones, that I can put on and listen to music and not hear anything from the outside, and even better if the outside can't hear the music coming from my headphones.
nerd.gif

Any other recommendations?
They both drown out noise coming from outside. The difference is how it does it. Noise canceling uses a driver to emit a sound that removes outside noises. Noise isolation (which most ear buds are) block the ear canal through suction to drown out sound. Noise isolation actually blocks out more dBs then noise canceling since the noise canceling headphone can only produce so much sound to block the noise. Noise isolation is less comfortable though. You have the term right, noise canceling= over the ears, noise isolation= in ear. Just remember not all over the ear headphones are noise canceling and not all ear buds are noise isolation.

I think I am going to get the Monster Beats..

How is the noise canceling? Does it really need battery's?

the noise canceling is pretty good. i dont even listen to mine loud at all and i can barely hear anything. i know most people blast the volume so you wont hear a thing
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

the noise canceling is pretty good. i dont even listen to mine loud at all and i can barely hear anything. i know most people blast the volume so you wont hear a thing
laugh.gif
The noise canceling requires batteries?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by AME416

bose-quietcomfort-15-noise-canceling-headphones.jpg
I've had these for a month or so & they are
pimp.gif
Just came from BestBuy and tried out the Studio beats, and the Bose Quiet Comfort 15 and i liked the beats a lot more..

The studio pros are too expensive.

Didn't think beats would be the favorite going by the previous headphones post.

I'll have to try a pair out. I'm an in-ear kind of guy, honestly. Are the in-ears just as good?

if you get in-ear id say the monster copper or gold turbines are way better than anything with a beat name

if you get in-ear id say the monster copper or gold turbines are way better than anything with a beat name

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

mmhmmm

mrmonday recommended some denons to me awhile back

6-7 months with them and they work +$%@*+ great

thanks again btw
no prob

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Some of you nt'ers are so brainwashed that beats are the good headphones. If you knew anything THE BEATS ARE NOT NOISE CANCELLING, THEY ARE NOISE ISOLATION. A BIG DIFFERENCE IF KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SOUND AND OP ASKED FOR NOISE CANCELLATION.
You always come off as an %@# (rhymes with bass) in your post exp. Jacket thread. If you knew anything the Beats are noise canceling. The Beats do produce a sound that blocks out sound which makes them noise canceling. And even if there were noise isolation doesn't make them bad headphones. Noise isolation blocks out more dB then noise canceling headphones because most drivers can't handle pushing out more then X amount of dB. Sit in a corner until you know what you're talking about. And most headphone threads have people saying not to buy the beats, but he only gave so many options.

And it seems like people are hopping on the anti-Beats bandwagon. They aren't bad headphones. They're pretty good, they're just OD expensive for what you get, BUT if you care about the aesthetics (the Beats are some pretty headphones) and the Monster name go right ahead.
_ please

the beats are trash for the price.

They're a hell of an upgrade over the stock apple buds though.

Bought the Studios today, and I believe mine are defected, and will exchange once they come back in stock.

The mute button is too sensitive, and its almost impossible to get the music to play since the mute button is messed up.. Has this happened to anyone else?

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

mmhmmm

mrmonday recommended some denons to me awhile back

6-7 months with them and they work +$%@*+ great

thanks again btw
no prob

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

_ please

the beats are trash for the price.

They're a hell of an upgrade over the stock apple buds though.
Isn't that what I said?...

Saying "they're pretty good" then saying "they're too expensive for what you get" negates everything you just said.

don't ya think?

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Saying "they're pretty good" then saying "they're too expensive for what you get" negates everything you just said.

don't ya think?
_please.

Ummm... no. Something can't be pretty good and can't be too expensive?... The Bose are pretty good, but they're still cheaper, better alternatives out there. You pay for the name and looks, but that doesn't mean the sound quality is complete crap. People overplay the sound quality of the Beats, both the positives and negatives.

The mute button is too sensitive, and its almost impossible to get the music to play since the mute button is messed up.. Has this happened to anyone else?
A couple of my friends had that happen to them. They had Solos though and the ControlTalk feature on it would go crazy. Change tracks randomly, pause, mute, etc. I don't know what they did with them though.

Back
Top Bottom