Best paint/type of paint to use for midsoles?

Does anyone know what's the best paint to use for midsoles? Doing my first sneaker custom, for a project. Let me know peeps. Thanks!

I'm no expert, but I've used both Createx (airbrush paint) and Angelus (leather paint). Both have their pros and cons, but both are very good quality. Createx is more readily available (craft stores, Michael's, Hobby Lobby) while Angelus has to be ordered. As far as properties, Angelus is very goodabout being flexible after it's dried. But, it has a bit of a glossy sheen to it You can add duller or try a matte finisher to offset this, though. Createx dries with more of a flat finish to begin with. Both do very well, just apply several thin coats.

I've used both and like both of them a lot. Hopefully that's somewhere to start, but I'll let more seasoned folks have the final word on what kindis best to use.

are you wearing the shoes?

in my experience, there really is no paint suitable for rubber/patent leather

you MIGHT be able to get away with painting foam midsoles. I've heard of people successfully doing it, but I've never seen pics after the shoe has beenworn.
but rubber midsoles.....chances are, the paint will crack, no matter what kinda paint you use.
I know alot of us regular customizers have been searching for a paint for rubber that wont crack or peel

Back
Top Bottom