Best players in the NBA by height. Do you agree?

I'm writing a series for the website I work for about the best NBA player at each height. There's not a lot of basketball news, so i've needed to stretch to have stuff to write about. 
I have talked about 5'8'' or less, 5'9'', and 5'11'' so far.  This is the best in my opinion among current NBA players only, and i'm going by their height listed on NBA.com. I know JJ Barea isn't really 6'1'' but NBA.com says he is so he get's grouped with those guys.

Here are the links so far, I'll add more as I write them each day.

5'8'' and below

5'9''

5'11''

6'0''

6'1''

6'2''

6'3''

6'4''

6'5''

6'6''

Any agreement or disagreement with the guys I've posted so far? and any ideas at certain heights going forward? I think 6'3'', 6'5'', and 6'11'' are going to create the biggest arguments, but let me know. I'll be posting a new one every day for the next couple weeks. I could use some input on my articles about the heights with more than one superstar.

Mods If i'm not allowed to post links to a site I write for, please delete this and I apologize.

6'11, Lamarcus Aldridge
pimp.gif

that's why i am gonna have arguments and lots of insults in the comments. there's a bunch of good players at 6'11'' Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Lamarcus Aldridge, Dwight Howard....

I think you should go best players at the moment by height, that will eliminate some of the arguments for players like Garnett and Duncan and really narrow it down further.

I like the concept man. Keep up the good work. I don't disagree with the first 3 thus far.

The plan is to go best player right now, but I think you'd have some guys argue dwight or lamarcus, while a bunch of people in Boston and San Antonio will tell you KG and Duncan have one championship level season left in their legs.And thank you for the reads.

That's the problem when you write an opinion piece. Not everyone likes your opinion. I already picked a guy for every height up to 7'3''. But I haven't finished putting together all the pieces to post them yet.

Originally Posted by beansietime

That's the problem when you write an opinion piece. Not everyone likes your opinion. I already picked a guy for every height up to 7'3''. But I haven't finished putting together all the pieces to post them yet.

That's what advanced statistics or sabermetrics are for.

I'll give you a hint about the 6'0'' guy going up tomorrow. He's got better PE shoes than anyone posted so far, including Nate's foams.

i think sports illustrated had an article a couple of years ago that i remember that had the best players of all time by height.

Yeah SI did it with all time men and women about 4 or 5 years ago. they went from like 5'1'' to 7'7'' and had people from college and the pros all time. I'm keeping this a bit narrower than that.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by beansietime

The plan is to go best player right now, but I think you'd have some guys argue dwight or lamarcus, while a bunch of people in Boston and San Antonio will tell you KG and Duncan have one championship level season left in their legs.And thank you for the reads.
Garnett and Duncan shouldn't even be discussed in this thread, they are both over the hill and can't compete against other guys in their prime.  LA and Dwight is tough.  Dwight is dominant in the paint but Lamarcus has a more versatile game being able to post up and has a good shot from the outside.

Originally Posted by PMatic

In what world is LaMarcus Aldridge comparable to Dwight Howard?
They don't play the same position and have completely opposite styles, hard to compare.  I would give the nod to Dwight but I definitely think LA stepped up his game this past year to at least get a mention(and maybe I am being a bit of a homer
happy.gif
)

from the draft combine

Kevin Durant

without shoes: 6' 9"

with shoes: 6' 10.25"

There are some obvious ones like 6'0", 6'4", 6'8", and 6'11".

6'10" is a good one. Griffin, Amare, Bosh, Horford, Odom, Love...

Back
Top Bottom