Best Rapper to Make Their Debut in 2000 or Later

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

T.I., Luda or Kanye

Any other answer is just foolish, no one else post 2000 can compare to their bodies of work (albums, singles, features) except 50 sales wise. There are dozens of dudes who can spit, but how many can actually make hits, hold their own on anyone's feature, and sell records?
Mentioning 50 cent like dude has any talent is just
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Kayne, T.I., or 50 are the top definite three success wise.

I got both of Lupe's album's, but I don't see what you guys are talking about with how nice son is... I'll listen some more though to see if I will change my mind.

It's hard to say, but I would go with Kanye or 50, but I would lean more towards 50...

Straight spit though I'm going with Beans without a question.
if you couldn't tell on first listen, you probably never will

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

T.I., Luda or Kanye

Any other answer is just foolish, no one else post 2000 can compare to their bodies of work (albums, singles, features) except 50 sales wise. There are dozens of dudes who can spit, but how many can actually make hits, hold their own on anyone's feature, and sell records?
roll.gif
That's why I said sales wise, to give him some kinda respect
laugh.gif
. Or else his stans will flood this thread and turn it into a debate.

smh.gif
at yall sleeping on Luda. He got wayyyyyyy more hits than Lupe. Lupes dope and all but he don't got enough material to back it up for a ENTIRE decade.

N's dont read and just throw out names....

its 5 rappers that came out in this decade that pretty much sums up how the decade went

TI n Kanye r at the top (Both Rapping/Star power)

50 Cent in the middle (Hustle/Success)

Lupe n Jeezy round out the bottom (Own lane n do it the best)

lil wayne doesnt make this list cuz of the criteria...if changed for him cuz his first came out in Nov 99 then he would 2 r 3 spot

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

No one on that list is even close to seeing Lupe lyrically. He's by far the best rapper/lyricist if were talking about skill.
What this guy said.
How so?
grin.gif

Lil Wayne is the definition of a commercial rapper and he is also a mixtape rapper, I don't think any rapper aside from 50 and Em has everbeen as popular as Lil Wayne was in '07 and '08. 'Ye would probably take the title for most complete hip-hop artist with the most influence thatdebuted after 2000.

i can't decide between Cam'ron (Dipset) or Kanye, Luda, 50 & T.I. are all candidates o yea and Weezy F.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

T.I., Luda or Kanye

roll.gif
Son specifically mentioned sales as the criteria for 50 being mentioned.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

But I was hoping there would be a thread of the OVERALL best rapper from January 1 2000 until December 31st 2009... (regardless of debut. that would make for a much more interesting thread... I'm sure its coming)
yeah, someone should make that

with this thread, i was just talking about rappers who made their debut in 2000 or later, not best overall

OP, you know your criteria doesn't fit the title of Best Rapper of The Decade, right? Not too mention people are answering with 2 different mindsets of thetitle.

Best Rapper Of The Decade - Rapper who is the best AT RAPPING during the period between January 1st 2000 and December 31st 2009. Has nothing to do withanything other than skill & catalogue.

Rapper Of The Decade - Rapper who was the most successful, popular and had the most impact during the period between January 1st 2000 and December 31st 2009.Factors include sales, popularity, critical reception, skill, catalogue & impact.

IMO BEST Rapper Of The Decade (Based on the criteria i gave, yours sucks OP) - Lupe Fiasco, even though he released a minimal amount

Rapper Of the Decade - Jay-Z & Kanye. You can pick one depending on how you look at it but i can't decide which way to look at it. Now someone quote meand put /Thread below it

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

OP, you know your criteria doesn't fit the title of Best Rapper of The Decade, right? Not too mention people are answering with 2 different mindsets of the title.

Best Rapper Of The Decade - Rapper who is the best AT RAPPING during the period between January 1st 2000 and December 31st 2009. Has nothing to do with anything other than skill & catalogue.

Rapper Of The Decade - Rapper who was the most successful, popular and had the most impact during the period between January 1st 2000 and December 31st 2009. Factors include sales, popularity, critical reception, skill, catalogue & impact.

IMO BEST Rapper Of The Decade (Based on the criteria i gave, yours sucks OP) - Lupe Fiasco, even though he released a minimal amount

Rapper Of the Decade - Jay-Z & Kanye. You can pick one depending on how you look at it but i can't decide which way to look at it. Now someone quote me and put /Thread below it
/thread

Lupe is the best lyrically/skill wise.

If were taking away OP's criteria, as a whole, artists who had the combination of it all are Ye and Jay.

Id have to go with Kanye based on the body of work that he put out. plus hes had the sales, mass appeal, hits, etc.

Dudes being way too technical in here and Cam DID NOT DEBUT THIS DECADE DUMMIES

The answer to this question is Curtis Jackson tho flat out
Impact +Sales+Catalog

LUPE FIASCO.

End of discussion.

A lot of y'all are confusing the words "BEST" and "Biggest"...

How do you shun people for naming Cam, but you name 50 for the same exact reasons?...

For the record 50 Cent, Cam'ron & Lil' Wayne all have material released prior to the year 2000.

Back
Top Bottom