Best razor known to man? Vol. Tired of disposable

Those who shave frequently, what do you recommend?
I'm tired of using disposable razors and don't want to use them anymore, especially since I just got a job that requires me to shave my beard everyday.

Scott_Hall3_by_Jerisma.png

Not to thread jack but whats good with Andre 3k in Gilette commercials?  Black men don't use them.  Thats like Brad Pitt in a du-rag commercial

Safety razor.

The shaving products matter too. Stop buying the green ooze crap that you find in most stores, invest in better quality shaving cream/lotion/etc. Lasts longer, better quality, and the cost is negligible. Search on here for shaving threads and you'll see plenty. If not check out http://artofmanliness.com...shave-like-your-grandpa/ and that's just a good intro/guide.. there's websites dedicated to shaving.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Safety razor.

The shaving products matter too. Stop buying the green ooze crap that you find in most stores, invest in better quality shaving cream/lotion/etc. Lasts longer, better quality, and the cost is negligible. Search on here for shaving threads and you'll see plenty. If not check out http://artofmanliness.com...shave-like-your-grandpa/ and that's just a good intro/guide.. there's websites dedicated to shaving.
waiting to get school'd on what shaving cream to buy... i use that green ooze stuff.. seems to work just fine

You really done with disposables..? I use them severeal times a week and don't find too many complaints - although I ain't using them everyday like you...

My older bro just switched to using a straight edge and really likes it so I suggest trying one. Congrats on the job btw too..!

double edge safety razors
pimp.gif
...blades literally cost 10 cents if you buy in bulk.
Buy a badger brush too to help with the lathering of shaving cream.

I keep it super local, so I buy my shaving cream from http://www.nancyboy.com/

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

waiting to get school'd on what shaving cream to buy... i use that green ooze stuff.. seems to work just fine

I won't argue it doesn't work just fine, I used it and thought it was fine as well. But like a lot of products, there's higher quality stuff that isn't sold in most drugstores or supermarkets. I use this Amazon product ASIN B000RI8BZQ along with a badger hair shaving brush and the shaves have been the best I've ever had. Razor burn or irritation are gone and my face feels great. I've also had to use far less than when I would buy Gillette shaving gel. Of course, there's stuff even more expensive and probably of a higher quality, but I've been able to upgrade my shave and despite the initial cost, it's saved me money over the past few years.

If you have curly/coarse hair, DO NOT use a razor. Get yourself some Andis outliner IIs. $40-50. You'll never go back.

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

If you have curly/coarse hair, DO NOT use a razor. Get yourself some Andis outliner IIs. $40-50. You'll never go back.

More information on this?

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Not to thread jack but whats good with Andre 3k in Gilette commercials?  Black men don't use them.  Thats like Brad Pitt in a du-rag commercial

I have this now and it sucks. The commercials are very misleading.

I see a lot of proglides but I don't think those work for me either. Razor bumps are attacking my face! I need a solution!

Originally Posted by GSGoonSquad

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

More information on this?

I used a razor from senior year in HS to 2010 ('05-10') If you have coarse or curly hair, after you shave it, when it grows back, it can become an ingrown hair and recoil, then, burrow back into your skin (VERY painful). Those and is clippers are simply the barber standard. I use them every morning when I wake up because m facial hair grows fast. It depends on the person though. You may need it for everyday, every other day, so on, and so forth. Plus, you can trim up your mustache or goatee if you'd like! You can't get a clean goatee or mustache using a razor. It's not as ergonomic as clippers. Hope this helps! 

Been reading into safety razors the past two weeks. Once I get some good money i'll be investing in a DE89 and a quality brush, through with these expensive !!% cartridges
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom