Best running shoe on the market?

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

i might. any other brands i overlooked?
Puma, Reebok, Karhu, Newton, Etonic, Zoot, Fila, K-Swiss... just kidding. I am sure there are countless more that I can't think of.

I actualy liked Reebok's running shoes, although my store only carried them for a short time. Reebok is getting rid of all of their specialty tech reps,because they want to focus on the big box stores for their sales.

I think Puma makes some really nice running shoes like the Tenos and the Eutopia, but they're just so damn narrow it's hard to fit in to them.

If you are going to go with Nike...I would recommend sticking with the Bowerman Series. I feel that these are their only real line of pure runners. Everythingelse is pretty much for casual running, or cosmetic gimmicks. I have been running with the Triax Structure 11s, and I have used them for appx. 200 miles, whichincludes a few 10k races, and a full on marathon. I went with these because I need the support, provided by the structures, on the inside of my feet due topronation. Well...the shoe is still in one peice, and thankfully, so are my feet, ankles, knees, etc. You might go through a few different pairs, before youfind one that best works out for you. Going to running store, and having them make suggestions based on your running style is the best thing you could do. Butat the end of the day, you know your body best, and you know what feels the best for you.

Originally Posted by TunzoPhun

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

i might. any other brands i overlooked?
Puma, Reebok, Karhu, Newton, Etonic, Zoot, Fila, K-Swiss... just kidding. I am sure there are countless more that I can't think of.

I actualy liked Reebok's running shoes, although my store only carried them for a short time. Reebok is getting rid of all of their specialty tech reps, because they want to focus on the big box stores for their sales.

I think Puma makes some really nice running shoes like the Tenos and the Eutopia, but they're just so damn narrow it's hard to fit in to them.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Didn't wanna get that deep into brands. I'm honestly not too familiar with some of the brands mentioned as far as personal usage and milage.

Puma's do run too narrow for me so I just can't mess with them.

Hands down is the Nike VOMERO!!!
I have tried every shoe and every brand, try it on and there is no other shoe like on earth.

Originally Posted by mcan21o

I have tried every shoe and every brand, try it on and there is no other shoe like on earth.

Don't get wrong, the Vomero is a nice shoe, but it's kind of sloppy. The medial side is a little softer than the lateral side, which tends to makeeverybody look like they overpronate, which is a little problematic. This shoe also seems to blow out a little faster than some others. It's SO soft thatthere is not enough structure in the EVA foam. That being said, there is very little that Nike is going to change for the Vomero 4 because the previous twoversions were so successful. Here is a picture of the Vomero 4:

nike-vomero-4.jpg

I have 09 updates for Brooks, Asics and Mizuno. I don't know if we want to make an official technical running shoe post or if we want to continue in thisone. EBW, it's up to you...

Brooks Adrenaline 8. Bought a pair today ($56 at Sports Authority), rocked em to the gym and I am in love with em. Most running shoes you have to put your feetthrough hell first just to break em in, these are awesome straight out of the box. Fit is spot on, and they are just the right comfort, not too squishy, nottoo stiff. I only put about 8 miles on em, I will def give an update in a few months, if this thread is still going.

Tunz, lets go ahead and start a whole new technical running post. If you wanna start it up with some basics and stuff that would be dope.

That new Vomero is DOPE btw. Saw pictures the otherday. I love the way those shoes look.
laugh.gif

I'm not brand bias, as long as someone gets the right shoes for their foot type. I hate when people get shoes "because they feel good" to them.Gotta get people out of that swoosh mindset too. Nike makes some good running shoes here and there, but I prefer other brands.

Start a thread up and i'll be sure to keep it alive. I'll be checking.

Originally Posted by TunzoPhun

Originally Posted by mcan21o

Don't get wrong, the Vomero is a nice shoe, but it's kind of sloppy. The medial side is a little softer than the lateral side, which tends to make everybody look like they overpronate, which is a little problematic. This shoe also seems to blow out a little faster than some others. It's SO soft that there is not enough structure in the EVA foam. That being said, there is very little that Nike is going to change for the Vomero 4 because the previous two versions were so successful. Here is a picture of the Vomero 4:

nike-vomero-4.jpg

I have 09 updates for Brooks, Asics and Mizuno. I don't know if we want to make an official technical running shoe post or if we want to continue in this one. EBW, it's up to you...

i've had my vomero's for like two months still holding up. I do know a couple of people saying they feel like the foam is wearing out a little, andothers that do think they are to soft, but i was just giving my personal opinion. The last shoes i had were the nimbus and for some reason they hurt the middleof my foot when i would reach the 2 mile mark.

Wow. Everyone seems to be hating on Adidas. I haven't bought too many pairs in the past but the full length microbounce 08 runners are some of the mostcomfortable shoes I have ever had. Cushioning/feel is great and ventilation is even better. I will admit it has been hit or miss with Adidas but I canhonestly say that with every brand Ive tried. Every brand has had flops in the past or some hyped up technology that turns out to be garbage.

I've started to really like Mizuno. I need a stability shoe for overpronation and the Wave Nirvana 5 are awesome. I have them in rotation with my AdidasAdistar Salvations. Only thing I don't like about Mizuno is that almost all of their shoes only come in one or at the most 2 colorways and they never seemto be good choices.

Originally Posted by pureNIKEbulls

If you are going to go with Nike...I would recommend sticking with the Bowerman Series. I feel that these are their only real line of pure runners. Everything else is pretty much for casual running, or cosmetic gimmicks. I have been running with the Triax Structure 11s, and I have used them for appx. 200 miles, which includes a few 10k races, and a full on marathon. I went with these because I need the support, provided by the structures, on the inside of my feet due to pronation. Well...the shoe is still in one peice, and thankfully, so are my feet, ankles, knees, etc. You might go through a few different pairs, before you find one that best works out for you. Going to running store, and having them make suggestions based on your running style is the best thing you could do. But at the end of the day, you know your body best, and you know what feels the best for you.
When I went to a specialty running store to have my feet examined for the right shoe, the woman helping me out said pretty much the same thingabout Nike...that the only "pure" running shoes are the Bowerman Series and everything else is pretty much just more fashion over function. She moreor less said shox are complete garbage too.

Lately, I've been running with a three pair rotation, two Lunartrainers and Wildwood Frees. I only purchased these specific runners because they werecheap, and I always efused to pay over $50 for running shoes. It's been about three years since I started running, and my footwear has evolved from AM93s($25 & ~150 miles) to AM95s ($40 & ~175 miles) to Zoom Plus ($21 & ~250 miles) and lately, Lunertrainers ($40 & ~200 miles) and Wildwood Frees($22 & ~200 miles). As you can see, I've been running with the swoosh for years.

I was planning on completing 100 miles for the week. Unfortunately, somewhere between my 70-80th mile, I sprained my left Achille's, and I was wearing myLunartrainers. I was always amazed at how light and comfy they were on my runs, and I've never had a problem with them until now.

I haven't been running for about three days, and, luckily, my Achille's is healing pretty quick. Since I'm recovering, I thought it would be aprefect opportunity to see and try other runners in the market. Wanting to break away from the swoosh for performance, I decided to check out local sportschains and several Nordstrom Racks. I tried on a few different brands, Brooks, Asics and Mizuno. I wasn't that impressed with the available Brooks andMizuno models, but I was blown away by Asics' Kayano14s and Kinsei2s! Since I'm on a budget, I knew I couldn't afford the Kinsei2s at $140+, so Iopted for the Kayano14s for $70 at a Nordstrom Rack.

I usually don't invest more than $50 for running shoes, but I thought that I'd rather spend a decent amount for a quality running shoe than spendlittle on a bargain runner shoe for the sake of performance and injury-prevention. While I'm in recovery mode, I'm hoping to add one more runner to myrotation, and I'm gearing toward another pair of Kayano14s!

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

Lately, I've been running with a three pair rotation, two Lunartrainers and Wildwood Frees. I only purchased these specific runners because they were cheap, and I always efused to pay over $50 for running shoes. It's been about three years since I started running, and my footwear has evolved from AM93s ($25 & ~150 miles) to AM95s ($40 & ~175 miles) to Zoom Plus ($21 & ~250 miles) and lately, Lunertrainers ($40 & ~200 miles) and Wildwood Frees ($22 & ~200 miles). As you can see, I've been running with the swoosh for years.

I was planning on completing 100 miles for the week. Unfortunately, somewhere between my 70-80th mile, I sprained my left Achille's, and I was wearing my Lunartrainers. I was always amazed at how light and comfy they were on my runs, and I've never had a problem with them until now.

I haven't been running for about three days, and, luckily, my Achille's is healing pretty quick. Since I'm recovering, I thought it would be a prefect opportunity to see and try other runners in the market. Wanting to break away from the swoosh for performance, I decided to check out local sports chains and several Nordstrom Racks. I tried on a few different brands, Brooks, Asics and Mizuno. I wasn't that impressed with the available Brooks and Mizuno models, but I was blown away by Asics' Kayano14s and Kinsei2s! Since I'm on a budget, I knew I couldn't afford the Kinsei2s at $140+, so I opted for the Kayano14s for $70 at a Nordstrom Rack.

I usually don't invest more than $50 for running shoes, but I thought that I'd rather spend a decent amount for a quality running shoe than spend little on a bargain runner shoe for the sake of performance and injury-prevention. While I'm in recovery mode, I'm hoping to add one more runner to my rotation, and I'm gearing toward another pair of Kayano14s!
I know $50 is your budget, but you should always be more footscious rather than budget conscious when running shoe shopping. Spend the extra$10-20 if you need to to buy the right shoe. You can find Kayano 14s for cheap (and Kayano 13s for even cheaper if you look around at like DSW, Finishlineclearance, and Nord Rack). 100 miles a week is a lot of mileage so you need shoes that can do the work.

Right now i'm running in the Asics GT-2120 that I got from an outlet earlier this year. It's an upgrade from some random NB's I bought, thatweren't quite right for me, but that I made work. Best 40 bucks that I've spent. I love running in the Asics a ton more than my Nike Air Max 360s. Ineed to get another pair of running shoes to replace the 360s and put them back to casual status as i had intended when i bought them. I keep the asics at workfor my lunch-time runs.

Question: When is the proper time to officially retire a pair of running shoes? I've only been running for a couple of years (seriously for the last 9months or so) and am still trying to figure out some things. I run approximately 20 to 25 miles a week. Also what do you guys do with the shoes when they arepast their mileage? Casual wear...donate....recycle? I don't want to end up with a bunch of runners that i can't really use once they are used up.

What's a good Mizuno model?

I usually do anywhere between 15-20 miles of roadwork per week. My routine consists of distance/trail running, interval sprinting on a track and or somebleacher/hill sprints as well.

Originally Posted by FlighT SkooL

Have the wifey try the AM2009.
AM2009 are only good for training in the gym, real short runs, and running ERRANDS.

If it hasn't been stated already, go to a local running shop, let them fit your wife, they'll pull a couple models in your price range, and go fromthere.

Back
Top Bottom