Best shortstop in the AL EAST?

A JJ Hardy appreciation thread! I love it!

pimp.gif

nothing to brag about, really
roll.gif

yanks: 56 year old DJ
bosox: scutaro and lowrie
tor: irrelevant
tampa: throw a dart at the roster to see who plays SS today

JJ Hardy is the right answer here. BUT, I will apologize to Truth because I wrote Yunel off after last year.

Still, let's see how he plays now that he has his money.

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td][table][tr][td]Player Comparison[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]
Create new Player Comparison
[table][tr][td] [/td][td] Name[/td][td] Team[/td][td]G [/td][td] [/td][td]AB [/td][td] [/td][td]R [/td][td] [/td][td]H [/td][td] [/td][td]2B [/td][td] [/td][td]3B [/td][td] [/td][td]HR [/td][td] [/td][td]RBI [/td][td] [/td][td]BB [/td][td] [/td][td]K [/td][td] [/td][td]SB [/td][td] [/td][td]CS [/td][td] [/td][td]AVG [/td][td] [/td][td]OBP [/td][td] [/td][td]SLG [/td][td] [/td][td]OPS [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Yunel Escobar[/td][td]TOR[/td][td]88 [/td][td] [/td][td]339 [/td][td] [/td][td]52 [/td][td] [/td][td]103 [/td][td] [/td][td]16 [/td][td] [/td][td]3 [/td][td] [/td][td]9 [/td][td] [/td][td]36 [/td][td] [/td][td]43 [/td][td] [/td][td]46 [/td][td] [/td][td]3 [/td][td] [/td][td]1 [/td][td] [/td][td].304 [/td][td] [/td][td].381 [/td][td] [/td][td].448 [/td][td] [/td][td].830 [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]J.J. Hardy[/td][td]BAL[/td][td]67 [/td][td] [/td][td]263 [/td][td] [/td][td]38 [/td][td] [/td][td]73 [/td][td] [/td][td]15 [/td][td] [/td][td]0 [/td][td] [/td][td]14 [/td][td] [/td][td]37 [/td][td] [/td][td]22 [/td][td] [/td][td]49 [/td][td] [/td][td]0 [/td][td] [/td][td]0 [/td][td] [/td][td].278 [/td][td] [/td][td].334 [/td][td] [/td][td].494 [/td][td] [/td][td].829 [/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Add player by name[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

Top 5 player in baseball? That's a gigantic reach bud. I'll take my chances with Hardy's "injury plagued" history than Yunel's documented Hanley'esque history. I'd be pretty confident saying they'll have equal WAR by the end of the year with Hardy playing 25-30 less games.

I figured that's what you meant
laugh.gif

It's splitting hairs TBH.  I'd just take his power.

Truth knows its Yunel Escobar

Alex Gonzalez is horrible always swings at the 1st pitch. Defense is alright, but I'd much rather have Escobar that trade was a mistake.

Let's compare SS's based on offensive numbers, 
laugh.gif

According to the fans it's Derek Jeter and it's not even close.

Spoiler [+]
1. Yunel 2. Hardy 3. Rodriguez 4. Scutaro/Lowrie/Jeter

I'm an O's fan, but Esco's OBP is 50 points higher than Hardy's, and has significantly better range either way. Yunel might be the third best SS in the majors this year (Tulo and Reyes), though Cabrera, Peralta, Hardy, and Ramirez have all been fantastic too.

I could find this thread every year for the past 5 ha- but cant deny Truth's persistence to highlight his homie

This time though, this thread is relevant... playing good ball this year

If Lowrie could manage to stay healthy he'd put up some damn good offensive numbers... just wonder if that'll ever happen... been very consistent and clutch, really, whenever he's healthy

Back
Top Bottom