Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

The finale was pretty tame. But it fit things together pretty nicely.

Him coming to the point where he asks himself "why didn't he take the $1.8 million when it was sitting on the table?" is what the whole Kettleman case was setting up this season.

Him finally asking himself that and then vowing not to think that way again is the payoff.

Not the best finale.. but makes me excited for where the show will go next season. Mike was the MVP for me this season, his backstory was always intriguing to me and learning more definitely made it worth it for me. Seeing Saul struggle all season was tough, hopefully he starts off with some wins for S2.

To put it lightly, and without a wall of text, I thought this was the worst episode of the entire season. They also didn't give me a reason to come back

:lol: :smh: This is early seasons of Breaking Bad all over again only this time ppl apparently have high expectations.

Funny thing is, Odenkirk knew the Finale wasnt gonna blow anyone away. In that podcast he specifically said "just wait till you see episode 6, and wait till you see episode 9" with no mention at all about the Finale.

Like someone else said, it probably has a lot to do with them possible not knowing if there would be a 2nd season when they wrote it

Another great episode.
Kinda wished it ended just with him pausing at the door though, that last "I'm not doing that again" part was a little cheesy and overdone. Also like that they're taking their time with the show. There's a whole, what? 7 years until the happenings of BB?

I would also at some point like them to visit the occurrences AFTER BB. Maybe Saul can get a happy ending after all

So does Jimmy still get paid off the deal he cut with Hamlin since he essentially declined to work on the case at the end?

Another great episode.
Kinda wished it ended just with him pausing at the door though, that last "I'm not doing that again" part was a little cheesy and overdone. Also like that they're taking their time with the show. There's a whole, what? 7 years until the happenings of BB?

I would hope we aren't waiting until 2022 just to see some **** finally leading up to Breaking Bad....so they better speed this thing along a few years next season.

This is why we can't have nice things. Every season finale doesn't have to be explosive and full of cliffhangers.

One of my favorite takeaways from the episodes was how despite his meltdown with his clients in the Bingo Hall, he built enough equity with them that they were still calling him, looking for him and speaking highly of him.

This is why we can't have nice things. Every season finale doesn't have to be explosive and full of cliffhangers.

One of my favorite takeaways from the episodes was how despite his meltdown with his clients in the Bingo Hall, he built enough equity with them that they were still calling him, looking for him and speaking highly of him.

I don't think those are the same clients from the nursing home which he had a case against

Last edited:
Funny thing is, Odenkirk knew the Finale wasnt gonna blow anyone away. In that podcast he specifically said "just wait till you see episode 6, and wait till you see episode 9" with no mention at all about the Finale.

Like someone else said, it probably has a lot to do with them possible not knowing if there would be a 2nd season when they wrote it

The way the show opened with the flash forward, I'd imagine they have an expectation of where they want to take the show and feel as if they will have multiple seasons.

yeah and season 2 was ordered right around the same time they started filming season 1. I'm sure the writers could've easily changed the season 1 finale if they wanted.

I don't think those are the same clients from the nursing home which he had a case against
Yeah that was a different group of old ppl. I almost thought it was a side job he had when he did it earlier in the season.

The longer they wait to jump past BB, the better it will be.

Also the finale didn't set up anything directly, but he's basically Saul now. The next season is full of possibilities; we'll be seeing him deal with the shady clients like we expected from the beginning.

Season 1 was basically the prologue to his story.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom