Biggie, Pac, 50 cent?

Before everyone goes crazy please read what i am saying first.

Now while i wouldn't wish death on anyone

If 50 would have past away after the get rich or die trying(Movie) he would go down as one of the greatest rappers ever.

• get rich or die trying 8x plat
  • Massacre 5x plat
  • Pretty sure the movie sound track is plat cant find stats right now

Besides the fact that we all know he sold records no one can honestly say he did not have the streets buzzing in his hay day. Im still pretty young so i was in middle school when he came out and i remember the school going crazy when the in the club video was premiered.

Now don't get me wrong i am not a fan of 50 nor do i rank him in my top 10, but like the above rappers who people feel are the greatest ever because of small sample size someone tell me im crazy for thinking 50 wouldn't be mentioned in the same breath of those two.

I salute you for your efforts, but this is just crazy.

Last edited:

How so?

At the time 50 was running wild beefing with any and everyone. he could have been dead and no one would be surprised. His impact coming out was like no1 i have seen since he was a super star on top of having hit after hit after hit after hit. You have to separate the fact that he has come out with lacking music since Curtis.

Last edited:
How so?
At the time 50 was running wild beefing with any and everyone. he could have been dead and no one would be surprised. His impact coming out was like no1 i have seen since he was a super star on top of having hit after hit after hit after hit. You have to separate the fact that he has come out with lacking music since Curtis.
This is crazy because before Pac died he was heralded for being the embodiment of hip hop and having amazing diversity in his lyrics while bringing passion that was and still is unmatched. His ability to lyrically eat anything he did based on his passion and poetic style + storytelling ability made him an amazing rapper. Before BIG died he was heralded as the most lyrical in the game (Lyricist of the year at the Source awards when all that **** went down) and being able to lyrically dismantle anyone out...anyone...his flow + wordplay + storytelling ability was ridiculous. the only person who could make the East quiet down w/ the Biggie slurping was Pac with the most passionate diss song ever. they weren't just hot...their rapping abilities were the best there was at the time for different reasons. 50 Cent on the other hand...could write some really good songs/hooks and Dre's beats + In Da Club sealed it. 50 couldn't sustain his spot because he's not that good of a rapper (he's not bad...but...nobody was claiming it was his lyrical ability, word play, poetics making him that big star.) So if he would have died...he would have been a superstar who was really hot, for the reasons stated, that died.

This is crazy because before Pac died he was heralded for being the embodiment of hip hop and having amazing diversity in his lyrics while bringing passion that was and still is unmatched. His ability to lyrically eat anything he did based on his passion and poetic style + storytelling ability made him an amazing rapper. Before BIG died he was heralded as the most lyrical in the game (Lyricist of the year at the Source awards when all that **** went down) and being able to lyrically dismantle anyone out...anyone...his flow + wordplay + storytelling ability was ridiculous. the only person who could make the East quiet down w/ the Biggie slurping was Pac with the most passionate diss song ever. they weren't just hot...their rapping abilities were the best there was at the time for different reasons. 50 Cent on the other hand...could write some really good songs/hooks and Dre's beats + In Da Club sealed it. 50 couldn't sustain his spot because he's not that good of a rapper (he's not bad...but...nobody was claiming it was his lyrical ability, word play, poetics making him that big star.) So if he would have died...he would have been a superstar who was really hot, for the reasons stated, that died.

While both of them were very diff rappers 50 himself would be in a totally diff lane. He would have went down as Public enemy number 1. Killed Ja rules career, staged a full on assault against a whole record label that was huge.

Murder Inc RIP had ja ashanti not sure if lloyd was out can remember but they had huge pop success and he ended their run.

Im not saying 50 would be PAC because he wasn't the poet PAC was and im not saying he would be BIG because he didn't have the charisma and flow of big but he was a straight animal. He attacked whoever he felt he had to and no1 cold stop him. Even Jada couldn't stop him

Some food for thought

How so?

Part of Biggie and Pac's ascent into legendary status is that they transcended the genre itself. I don't think 50 was on that level by the time he dropped Get Rich. But that's just my take on it. So I guess we can agree to disagree.

While both of them were very diff rappers 50 himself would be in a totally diff lane. He would have went down as Public enemy number 1. Killed Ja rules career, staged a full on assault against a whole record label that was huge.
Murder Inc RIP had ja ashanti not sure if lloyd was out can remember but they had huge pop success and he ended their run.
Im not saying 50 would be PAC because he wasn't the poet PAC was and im not saying he would be BIG because he didn't have the charisma and flow of big but he was a straight animal. He attacked whoever he felt he had to and no1 cold stop him. Even Jada couldn't stop him
Some food for thought

but none of that would have had people saying one of the greatest rappers ever though.
at least people who know hip hop wouldn't.
people try to act like just because Pac and BIG died they're seen as GOATs.
But both of BIG's albums were Classics and Pac is one of the only people who got better EVERY album. 2Pacalypse Now to Strictly to Me Against the World to All Eyez on Me (His Blueprint...where do you even go after that?)...7 Day Theory (the most passionate rap album anyone has every heard...idc idc idc)
Also...people were already saying Massacre was a let down. no matter how much it sold.

Last edited:
I remember at my High School a lot of people thought he would die right befroe GRODT came out, sell 20 million and be the GOAT. :lol:

Dude was really larger than life back then

Last edited:
I remember at my High School a lot of people thought he would die right befroe GRODT came out, sell 20 million and be the GOAT. :lol:
Dude was really larger than life back then

This is my point peoples idea about rappers are what have you done recently. when Shyne was locked up people we saying ohh i cant wait till shyne comes out he is gonna take over the rap game he is too raw. And why wouldn't you he had some hard tracks and also tracks that can be either hip hop / Dancehall or even loved by the ladies. With a small sample size he was great and had a high ceiling. But no1 would dare say that now

Last edited:
If that's the case then II think you got your questioning wrong. Like what I mentioned before, the 2 rappers you've based your question from are considered G.O.A.T. because they transcended the genre. They became more than just rappers. I mean, Pun was a great rapper... prolly better than Pac and might've gone toe to toe with Big... but he's rarely spoken in the same breath as Big and Pac. I hope you get my point.

I agree with Op if Fif wouldve died after the massacre dude would be defintely be up there with Big and Pac in the minds of many myself included

If that's the case then II think you got your questioning wrong. Like what I mentioned before, the 2 rappers you've based your question from are considered G.O.A.T. because they transcended the genre. They became more than just rappers. I mean, Pun was a great rapper... prolly better than Pac and might've gone toe to toe with Big... but he's rarely spoken in the same breath as Big and Pac. I hope you get my point.

I think it depends on who you ask. A lot of people from the Bronx and most people from P.R rank him with the greats. Granted it is because he is from the Bronx and is Puerto rican but at the same time he reached a lot of people and people felt his music.

Sometimes people over look the fact that music touches people for different reasons and no two people listen to the same song and feel the same thing. But the greats like you said change the game. What fat Hispanic rapper was coming out and spitting fire before him and joe? I get your point and totally agree with what you are saying but what I don't think people understand is that just because something doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean they are not a GOAT i dont like the WU but i would never discredit the legacy that they have built.

I think it depends on who you ask. A lot of people from the Bronx and most people from P.R rank him with the greats. Granted it is because he is from the Bronx and is Puerto rican but at the same time he reached a lot of people and people felt his music.

Sometimes people over look the fact that music touches people for different reasons and no two people listen to the same song and feel the same thing. But the greats like you said change the game. What fat Hispanic rapper was coming out and spitting fire before him and joe? I get your point and totally agree with what you are saying but what I don't think people understand is that just because something doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean they are not a GOAT i dont like the WU but i would never discredit the legacy that they have built.

True enough.

People won't give 50 their respect because they're just so tired of his bs/beef type stuff that he's known for. He accomplished a lot, but nobody likes him now and tries to act like the only thing he did was Get Rich or Die Tryin

Before everyone goes crazy please read what i am saying first.

Now while i wouldn't wish death on anyone

If 50 would have past away after the get rich or die trying(Movie) he would go down as one of the greatest rappers ever.

• get rich or die trying 8x plat
  • Massacre 5x plat
  • Pretty sure the movie sound track is plat cant find stats right now
Besides the fact that we all know he sold records no one can honestly say he did not have the streets buzzing in his hay day. Im still pretty young so i was in middle school when he came out and i remember the school going crazy when the in the club video was premiered.

Now don't get me wrong i am not a fan of 50 nor do i rank him in my top 10, but like the above rappers who people feel are the greatest ever because of small sample size someone tell me im crazy for thinking 50 wouldn't be mentioned in the same breath of those two.
Pac had far from a small sample size. I can give you that argument with Biggie but Pac was 6 albums in, 7 if you include Thug Life, by the time he passed, so he definitely gave us a good enough catalog to judge him from.

(And yes I'm including the Makavelli album in that figure because let's face it, it was done before he died).

Greatest Rapper Ever? Not sure if I go that far.

Would he be in everyone's top 5? Yes

But we honestly don't know where he'd go.

I kind of agree with this. I remember thinking the same thing about Wayne if he had overdosed or something right after Carter III came out.

Sounds like all you're going off of is how much his albums sold.

Going off the quality of his music and his lyrical ability you are wrong. He wouldn't even be regarded the way Pun is.

I kind of agree with this. I remember thinking the same thing about Wayne if he had overdosed or something right after Carter III came out.
this.
i thought about that too.
to me it depends on if you have self awareness.
if you do, then you'd realize people and you yourself are only feeling this way because he died and not because of his lyrical abilities.

Back
Top Bottom