Biggie, Pac, 50 cent?

I can understand the logic... He was on a roll at that point in his career & if he left on that note the potenial would've had people going crazy. I think most would have him top 5 if that was the case.

Sounds like all you're going off of is how much his albums sold.
Going off the quality of his music and his lyrical ability you are wrong. He wouldn't even be regarded the way Pun is.

not so much album sales to me although it was a part of it. I feel that his overall presence and buzz coming from a young guy in ny i would go to barbershop people were praising 50. Bootleggers was selling 50 mix tapes like hot cakes the hype was huge. I admit i was too young to really experience Pac and even Bigs hay day as i was 50s but i know i haven't seen a things like that since. Maybe it was a NY thing but i know 8 million people in NY didn't buy his album

He's not strong enough lyrically for that....he would have been known as one of the greats But not top 3........and it also doesent help that em was still huge at that time and was kinda known as the guy who created 50...and as much as 50 sold nobody was saying he was better then em

Without question 50 had the biggest buzz of all-time. He was new, he revived hardcore gangsta rap, he got shot 9x, and he was associated with Em and Dre. And after you get enough hype, your hype just gives you more hype *cough Jay-Z's entire career cough*

Also all of those diss tracks, him going after top artist like Ja Rule and Jay and getting response helped him out tremendously. 

I can understand the logic... He was on a roll at that point in his career & if he left on that note the potenial would've had people going crazy. I think most would have him top 5 if that was the case.

I have to agree with this. Said it perfectly

Nah, what separates 50 from the other rappers is that 50 had been rapping underground for a minute but didn't blow up until he hooked up with Dre and Eminem for the production.

People almost expected 50 to be killed around that time with everything that was swirling around him.

He wouldn't have been labeled as a GOAT, more like a martyr.

Back
Top Bottom