Biggie vs. Tupac

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Originally Posted by Untitled

Flame on, but Lifestylez > any album Biggie or Pac have put out.

mideast beast STAYS ignoring production......
laugh.gif

ready to die and life after death is better cuz biggie is just as lyrically as sharp as Big L's and its over smooooth and lush production.

lifestylez production is something to be desired...

No doubt Lifesylez isn't as well produced as Biggie's albums but lyrically just as sharp ? Nah, no way. Life After Death was not that nice lyrically speaking and Ready to Die still isn't seeing Lifestylez. Big L was just too clever on the mic, constant flow of rhymes with sharp wit. Not knocking BIG, but listen to Ready to Die and Lifestylez all the way through and you will see what i'm talking about. I'll admit though that some songs Biggie has are more entertaining because of the production. It doesn't mean he is a better rapper just because of that...
being a better rapper and having a better album are 2 different things and topics...

BIG L might have Edged out BIGGIE sometimes..but no question BIGGIE SMALLS got the better albums bar none.

TUPAC WAS A BETTER ARTIST BUT BIGGIE WAS A BETTER LYRICIST

Imo you can't compare the 2...they were great in there own way

Btw... im more of a bigge fan but I give respect where respect is due...tupac was great

I can easily see why someone likes Biggies albums more but I like Lifestylez better, a top 5 album to me.

Every song could be called the "best", quotable punchlines for days, fire collabos, even the lack of production gave it a more gritty street feelwhich makes me like it even more.

Big L pretty much edged out biggie all the time. On every collabo, Big L outshined him. Freestyling ability is no question Big L wins, even things like flow,cadence and delivery I think L wins. Only thing L could have done better was change up what he raps about, but he died at 24.. who knows what would havehappened.

Spot Rusherz wrote:
Juicy > 2Pac
indifferent.gif

Juicy is a GREAT song! my favorite rap song of all time but come on seriously 2Pac>BIG

BIG was a lyricists (showing his talent in songs)
Pac was a movement (i see him as the Ghettos MLK & Malcom X! my sister took a college class on just 2Pac
eek.gif
........BIG wasnt the type of guy Pac was on n off the mic)

in the movie Notorious it showed how BIG said Pac would always ramble about blacks and politics on some MLK type status tryin to help his people......BIG didntdo that he just could rap on the mic with punchlines

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

Spot Rusherz wrote:
Juicy > 2Pac
indifferent.gif

Juicy is a GREAT song! my favorite rap song of all time but come on seriously 2Pac>BIG

BIG was a lyricists (showing his talent in songs)
Pac was a movement (i see him as the Ghettos MLK & Malcom X! my sister took a college class on just 2Pac
eek.gif

in the movie Notorious it showed how BIG said Pac would always ramble about blacks and politics on some MLK type status tryin to help his people......BIG didnt do that he just could rap on the mic with punchlines

So you're saying 2pac had a bigger or same effect as MLK and Malcom X, just because u see portraits of them in the same hoods?

If so, then please kill yourself.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

eek.gif

in the movie Notorious it showed how BIG said Pac would always ramble about blacks and politics on some MLK type status tryin to help his people......BIG didnt do that he just could rap on the mic with punchlines
Please don't trivialize what Malcolm X ad Martin Luther King Jr. contributed to the civil rights movement. Honestly.

yo this dude tried to start an argument with me in footlocker 2day
smh.gif
the previews to notorious came on and he was like he's not the best ever i was likewell who do you think is the best dude named krs-one and slick rick..i hit em with the
indifferent.gif
and proceeded to walk away...silly old school cat talkin nonsense ona sunday afternoon
smh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

why is there still a debate going on,pac already pulled biggie,nyc and badboy card in hit em up

StaXX wrote:
Some people in this thread are just dumb.

Someone lock this up
smh.gif

I posted my OG reply without reading any other posts in the thread, now that I skimmed through the last 15 pages I can't help but
smh.gif
@ some of the replies/arguments in this thread

a lot of stupid things said here
tired.gif

Originally Posted by phillypac

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

why is there still a debate going on,pac already pulled biggie,nyc and badboy card in hit em up
too bad mobb deep, puff daddy and NYC is still better then the west coast rappers and philly huh
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Most of you dudes "discussing" in here are lame as %*%$. You guys aren't convincing each other who's better.

TUPAC WAS A BETTER ARTIST BUT BIGGIE WAS A BETTER LYRICIST
But yea I think that's what it comes down to. I got love for both of them and their good in their own way.

Originally Posted by Chico Dusty

22 Deuces 22 ...
smh.gif

Yup. Couldnt disagree w/ you more. Pac spoke to my struggles. Thats my stance. Cant say about yours but as a

black male I'll ride w/ the soldier who spoke for us ... Do you.

THATS your arguement right there. he spoke to you on a level larger then music. and thats cool. good for you but that doesnt equal SKILL. im sure plenty ofpeople love PIMP C or e40 of the strength of who they are but that doesnt make them Great MCs. Biggie is defintely TOP 5. give me a lyrically amazing versefrom Pac....cuz there are few to none. as opposed to RTD and LAD, which are both full of gems. Pac was a movement and such but his music was not that goodBiggie FTW

Originally Posted by ositodormilon

22 Deuces 22 ...
smh.gif

Yup. Couldnt disagree w/ you more. Pac spoke to my struggles. Thats my stance. Cant say about yours but as a

Biggie is defintely TOP 5. give me a lyrically amazing verse from Pac....
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

here we go again with this "lyrical" non sense

i guess canibus is 1 in your top 5 going by ya lame ranking system
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

22 Deuces 22 ...
smh.gif

THATS your arguement right there. he spoke to you on a level larger then music. and thats cool. good for you but that doesnt equal SKILL. im sure plenty of people love PIMP C or e40 of the strength of who they are but that doesnt make them Great MCs. Biggie is defintely TOP 5. give me a lyrically amazing verse from Pac....cuz there are few to none. as opposed to RTD and LAD, which are both full of gems. Pac was a movement and such but his music was not that good Biggie FTW
indifferent.gif
Stop with the +@%%@%!*.

Man, if anything Pac's music was GREAT but as far as him being a "rapper", he wasn't THAT dope. Musically he *!%++ on ANY rap artist but asfar as a technical emcee, dude was not that nice.

22 Deuces 22 ...
smh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

i invite you to please put me on to a tupac verse that will wow me... and Lyricism IS the ranking system you use to rank rappers. we judge producers by beats,directors by their directing, sports players by the production, etc. thats why i say he was more than a rapper, thanks mostly to the fact that he was a greatactor. but honestly dont tell me Pac was an amazing rapper because that he was not.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

22 Deuces 22 ...
smh.gif

THATS your arguement right there. he spoke to you on a level larger then music. and thats cool. good for you but that doesnt equal SKILL. im sure plenty of people love PIMP C or e40 of the strength of who they are but that doesnt make them Great MCs. Biggie is defintely TOP 5. give me a lyrically amazing verse from Pac....cuz there are few to none. as opposed to RTD and LAD, which are both full of gems. Pac was a movement and such but his music was not that good Biggie FTW
indifferent.gif
Stop with the +@%%@%!*.

Man, if anything Pac's music was GREAT but as far as him being a "rapper", he wasn't THAT dope. Musically he *!%++ on ANY rap artist but as far as a technical emcee, dude was not that nice.

laugh.gif
I dont think Pac was a movement to me honestly, Pac had no influence on my life and he isnt top 20 IMHO, im just sayin i can see why people love him.

22 Deuces 22 ...
smh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

i invite you to please put me on to a tupac verse that will wow me...
you just don't get it,good music is not determined by being "lyrical"

who in ya top 5?

acting like biggie did not have garbage songs like nasty boy or hypnotize

B.I.G. is better to me

Brooklyn native bias aside...

For a rapper to write stories like Story To Tell, _s Bleed, Me and My B---- and Somebody's Gotta Die....to rap with such attention to detail andprecision...to literally be the nicest cat to grace the mic on an entire coast...

ALL while spitting from off the top of the dome has to be a factor.

Pac was aight, just overrated to me.

Nas
Prodigy
Jay-z
BIG
Eminem

....today, cuz tommorow itd probably change edit: Im STILL waiting on that Pac verse.....

He wasn't really spitting off the dome.. it was memorized.

Spitting off the dome = Big L
pimp.gif

Biggie got him beat on story telling I guess, but Big L could much more easily switch between super violent to comedy to real talk
pimp.gif

he reportedly would go to the studio...chill, mess with groupies, smoke...sleep...they'd think he wasnt ready cuz he just looked mad lazy..then come outwith entire songs.

that $@@ is bugged.

Back
Top Bottom