Biggie vs. Tupac

Originally Posted by TheAfricanDream

Biggie. When it comes to MC'ing - just spitting with more skill on the mic, it's really not even close in my opinion. Biggie was far more advanced asan MC than Pac. Pac's rhyming scheme was quite simple actually, but the emotion with which he went in on the mic made up for his lack of techniques. Theargument that Pac is better because he released more material is pointless....quality>quantity. I'll agree and say Pac is more of an icon because of hismessage and whatnot though. On a side note not related to this argument though, am I the only that thinks Pac was a caricature of himself? Like he just triedto live that gangster life too much, and it just seemed a bit forced, and it eventually caught up with him. I honestly think he is in part responsible for hisown and Biggie's deaths. That's just my 2 cents...take it with a grain of salt.

This.

Comparing 2Pac to any of the other rappers brought up in GOAT discussions (Biggie, Nas, Jay-Z) is pretty much impossible. While he clearly lacks the same MCing skills and ability to switch flows, come up with crazy metaphors and punchlines, he had something else that none of them can come close to. Plenty of rappers can make heartfelt songs, spit realness, talk about their mom, etc... but no one is EVEN CLOSE to Pac in the category. No sense in really comparing them, but if I had to pick one it comes down to one thing. It's not like 2Pac didn't consistently crank out BANGERS that are the complete opposite of the songs I mentioned above. Because of this I gotta go with Pac. If someone wanted to learn about lyricism and pure rapping skill I would definitely give them the Biggie discography and tell them to study up, but the one that truly captures every single thing I love about rap music and its power is definitely Pac.

RIP

Originally Posted by thejrob

Comparing 2Pac to any of the other rappers brought up in GOAT discussions (Biggie, Nas, Jay-Z) is pretty much impossible. While he clearly lacks the same MCing skills and ability to switch flows, come up with crazy metaphors and punchlines, he had something else that none of them can come close to. Plenty of rappers can make heartfelt songs, spit realness, talk about their mom, etc... but no one is EVEN CLOSE to Pac in the category. No sense in really comparing them, but if I had to pick one it comes down to one thing. It's not like 2Pac didn't consistently crank out BANGERS that are the complete opposite of the songs I mentioned above. Because of this I gotta go with Pac. If someone wanted to learn about lyricism and pure rapping skill I would definitely give them the Biggie discography and tell them to study up, but the one that truly captures every single thing I love about rap music and its power is definitely Pac.

RIP

Real talk. Perfect post on the discussion of both.

2pac the best ever!!!

one of my favorite songs...to me this song is a underated songs by 2pac..that i know of not many ppl heard it or like it

[h2]NEWS[/h2]

170x170.aspx

[h2]Exclusive: Jimmy Henchman Associate Admits to Shooting Tupac; Apologizes To Pac & B.I.G.'s Mothers[/h2]Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:00 PM | 3 comments
By Grandmaster Grouchy Greg and Nolan Strong

Meebo-Share-Button.png
  Get Alerts [img]http://apps.conduit.com/Images/UserComponents/2go_small.png[/img]

(AllHipHop News) A man has admitted to shooting rap star Tupac Shakur in 1994 after allegedly being paid $2,500 dollars by James "Jimmy Henchman" Rosemond inside Manhattan's Quad Studios in November of 1994.

Dexter Isaac, a former friend of Rosemond, is an inmate currently serving life in prison for murder, robbery and other offenses. 

Isaac came forward Wednesday (June 15th) with the information on the eve of what would be Tupac's 40th birthday. 

He confessed to his involvement in the November 30th, 1994 shooting of Tupac Shakur to AllHipHop.com, after Jimmy Henchman identified him in a statement, relating to Henchman's indictment for dealing numerous kilos of cocaine. 

"I want to apologize to his family [Tupac Shakur] and for the mistake I did for that sucker [Jimmy Henchman]," Dexter Isaac told AllHipHop.com from prison. "I am trying to clean it up to give [Tupac and Biggie's] mothers some closure."

Henchman, who is currently on the run from Federal officials, claimed that Dexter Isaac, along with other incarcerated inmates were cooperating with the government in an investigation of his alleged drug dealing activities. 

"If the government is relying on informants like Winston “Winnie

BIG knew about those cats and warned Pac to stay away from them. BIG was a Brooklynite. Why Pac wouldnt listen to him is beyond me.

So basically, everything after that happened to Pac was his own fault.

"Army fatigues bring fatigue to enemies, Look man"

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

BIG knew about those cats and warned Pac to stay away from them. BIG was a Brooklynite. Why Pac wouldnt listen to him is beyond me.

Can you elaborate on this

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

are you sayin: They wanna see u locked up shot up, Moms crotched up over the casket screaming bastards...

these lines always gave me the 
pimp.gif
eek.gif
devil.gif
nerd.gif
, never grouped it with this event tho...  
embarassed.gif

Basically according to BIgs biography, PAC was o the east coast for his role in Juice. He wanted the role to be authentic as possible so he eventually fell in with Jimmy Henchmans crowd. henchman ran with the real 50 cent and was a infamous Brooklyn stickup kid.

BIG had told PAC t o stay away from dude because he knew what type of dude he was. according to a story, Henchman was the only dude Mike Tyson was scared of and was extorting him. Pac didn't listen and the rest is history

As for the line, it was well known that Brooklyn cats wore fatigues and Timbs nd the dudes that shot Pac in the studio were reported to have worn fatigues.

I love both Pac and Biggie but Pac>Biggie in my eyes.. Pac touched people of all age groups Biggie didn't do that.. I still remember riding wit my popz as a kid and him bumpin Pac in his cutlass.. My dad is 55 years old now and he still bumps Pac from time to time..

I hate Pac didn't listen to Biggie but it was his destiny I believe.. RIP to the Goat

Last edited:
I appreciate Pac for what he was but in no way shape or form was he seeing Biggie on the mic.

I Got A Story To Tell >                   .

Back
Top Bottom