Bill Maher calls himself a House N during an interview.....

I'm torn about this issue. I watch Real Time on the regular. Been watching for years. Mainly because I like the political discourse. There aren't many ( if any ) shows on the air that allows people of all different stances to freely debate like that uncensored. And I would hate to see the show canceled. Just like I disliked with his show in the early 2000's Politically Incorrect was canceled because of his statement on the suicide bombers. 

But with that said his use of the N word is inexcusable. I personally wasn't offended, but I understand how others were. I don't think Bill Maher is racist, but very insensitive. I'm not about to defend what he said but I don't think he needs to lose his show over this. 

I generally stay out of this conversation... no other topic carries the same blend of discomfort and pointlessness around me.

still, every so often somebody thinks they're a cool guy and I have to check them thusly:

I am not cool with it. don't care about your friends, your upbringing, your taste in music. chill tf out. again, it makes me uncomfortable.

now, I won't be the one to really correct your behavior. it's not my job or my interest to regulate anyone's speech.

besides, anyone who has done it knows it takes a lot of effort to beat somebody up good, and I'm kinda lazy. easier just to stop talking to you.

still, you may encounter someone​far less chill than I at some point, and I know I'd feel stupid losing teeth and friends down here over a new Spanish word I was warned about using in front of the wrong people.

I will never understand the fascination. I do fine without it...over a million words in the English language, and new ones covfefe every day.

oh yeah, and I'm obviously black if that matters.

Naw don't go crying now.....

You NYC brothas stay giving Ricans and Dominicans a pass with that
" Naw man they one of us"
"Naw man they pretty much black"
"Naw man we all grew up in the same demographic"

Yea I bet they don't want your Black American *** marrying thier children and sitting at thier dinner table ...
Hell yall even say the same about Arab/Paki French cats in the Bodegas.....

The very poverty leeches that put nothing back into the ghettos

View media item 2252260

Pakistani not "paki"

So that's who you really want to be huh? that's who you are? that kind of person.

What kind of person is that? I'm just a hiphop fan, a kid from the hood that grew up using the word as a term of endearment amongst all our friends, it wasn't till after my adult years that I became racially aware of it and stoped casually using it....but do I recite it when singing along, YES....has anyone black IRL ever checked me for it? NO....do I recite hiphop lyrics obnoxiously every day of my life, HELL NO....my choice however is not to censor myself off the N word, the B word or any word for that matter....I'm simply rocking out to some lit music, never thought of this as an issue and I will never understand the relation between this and Bill Maher's incident....two completely different things....outside of a club setting, concert, party or my car, I'm not walking around waving my hiphop card singing along to lyrics, because hiphop lyrics, specially hardcore 90's hiphop isn't something you should casually be listening to out loud anyways....so obviously I'm not gonna be at work with my colleagues, or on a train or most public settings reciting the words to a Big Pun song or DMX song...does that really need to be explained to some of you? :lol:

Last edited:
This debate silly to me

Language is fluid and highly subject to context and geographical circumstances

My personal opinion about the N word aside, you can walk through plenty of hoods in NY and see Ecuadorians, Ricans, Dominicans, Colombians (who are often of mixed African American parentage) using the n word colloquially

NYC historically is a cultural powder keg and one of the preeminent examples of "us vs. them". I'm not gonna issue a citywide proclamation regarding usage of the word but best believe I can and have checked individuals regarding their usage depending on the context, what I know about that individual, and their general attitudes

However, a slur is a slur--if the group in question feels you shouldn't use it, then I see no pressing concern in you not using it

Last edited:
He shouldn't have gone for that joke , he shouldn't ever say that word

It was a joke attempt tho, so I understand the context

Also always funny/annoying to see ppl say "PC culture" , that's just ppl mad at not being able to get away with dumb and disrespectful **** as much anymore :lol: ...n that's how it should be
Its a dead give away when someone says 'PC culture" or 'SJW"

Fools be telling on themselves and real ones see who you are behind that keyboard.

Yep, been thinking at this point advocates for social justice need to just own being called a SJW. How is it a "bad" thing to be called that?It's pretty easy to turn the tables on people that want to throw that phrase around in a derogatory way.

This debate silly to me

Language is fluid and highly subject to context and geographical circumstances

My personal opinion about the N word aside, you can walk through plenty of hoods in NY and see Ecuadorians, Ricans, Dominicans, Colombians (who are often of mixed African American parentage) using the n word colloquially

NYC historically is a cultural powder keg and one of the preeminent examples of "us vs. them". I'm not gonna issue a citywide proclamation regarding usage of the word but best believe I can and have checked individuals regarding their usage depending on the context, what I know about that individual, and their general attitudes

However, a slur is a slur--if the group in question feels you shouldn't use it, then I see no pressing concern in you not using it

I agree with this and if IRL a black person at a club or party wants to single me out for using it while singing along, I'll be taken by it and will be awkward, but I will respectfully seize to use it.

However that has yet to be the case. [emoji]127995[/emoji]‍♂️

So you gonna get mad over a racial slur (and rightfully so) but then turn around and call another group of people that?

Oh ok
eyes.gif
What a poverty leech???

Its true 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
What a poverty leech???
Its true 

Why? Mans more than likely an immigrant and just tryna make a better life for him and his family with whatever he has.

Good to know how you really feel about middle eastern and south asian people tho. Wonder what else you refer to us as

Last edited:
Why? Mans more than likely an immigrant and just tryna make a better life for him and his family with whatever he has.

Good to know how you really feel about middle eastern and south asian people tho. Wonder what else you refer to us as
No I'm talking about  poverty leeches and set up shops in the slums....

You feed off the superficial ignorance of blacks in the ghetto...

You have no problem selling blacks poison, weave, unsafe sweatshop made colored contact lenses to kids.

legal lean, the poison *** hooka tobacco...and all that other smoke shop poison junk.

Tricking on the side with black women in bad circumstances and hardships....meanwhile you protect your own women and children to the fullest to never touch the crap you sell to our children.

All for a dollar to keep exclusively in the flow of your own communities.

Don't go there with me homie.....I will get on ya *** on here with truth and facts.

DON'T TRY ME!

Go try someone is isn't awake about what your peoples be doing in our communities.

Last edited:
What a poverty leech???
Its true 

Wait didn't even catch that ****.

Son literally is out here criticizing those who defend their own ignorance against PC culture and SJW's, and now is on the verge of crying the same thing against you calling him out on his ignorance.

Wait didn't even catch that ****.

Son literally is out here criticizing those who defend their own ignorance against PC culture and SJW's, and now is on the verge of crying the same thing against you calling him out on his ignorance.
You can get it too....I got 0 picks out here I call what I see before my own eyes

Don't cry when its time to be blunt and pull the whole curtain open about ALL and not just white cancer

Last edited:
No I'm talking about  poverty leeches and set up shops in the slums....
You feed off the superficial ignorance of blacks in the ghetto...
You have no problem selling blacks poison, weave, unsafe sweatshop made colored contact lenses to kids.
legal lean, the poison *** hooka tobacco...and all that other smoke shop poison junk.
Tricking on the side with black women in bad circumstances and hardships....meanwhile you protect your own women and children to the fullest to never touch the crap you sell to our children.

All for a dollar to keep exclusively in the flow of your own communities.

Don't go there with me homie.....I will get on ya *** on here with truth and facts.

DON'T TRY ME!
Go try someone is isn't awake about what your peoples be doing in our communities.

Isnt that what capitalism is? Isnt that what the west preaches?

Capitalism...come here and step on the next person to get ahead and make money. Hows this individual that came here from whatever poverty stricken or war torn land thats tryna do better for their family any different than the rest of these businesses?

As far as selling poison... You do realize theres gotta be a demand for items or.products for a store to carry it right? Obviously someone is buying this stuff. Mfers arent stocking the shelves and pushing it on people.

Lol @ poison hookah. **** ain't no different than cigarettes ppl be smoking.

Isnt that what capitalism is? Isnt that what the west preaches?

Capitalism...come here and step on the next person to get ahead and make money. Hows this individual that came here from whatever poverty stricken or war torn land thats tryna do better for their family any different than the rest of these businesses?

As far as selling poison... You do realize theres gotta be a demand for items or.products for a store to carry it right? Obviously someone is buying this stuff. Mfers arent stocking the shelves and pushing it on people.

Lol @ poison hookah. **** ain't no different than cigarettes ppl be smoking.
So its morals vs capitalism/supply and demand???

Thanks your logic is spot on of what I'm talking about!

Thanks for proving my point!

Last edited:
So its morals vs capitalism/supply and demand???

Thanks your logic is spot on of what I'm talking about!
Thanks for proving my point!

Nah my point flew over your head...heres a stepping stool

Thats what America preaches right? "Land of opportunity" right? So when they come here thats what they seen and heard so thats what they gonna pursue to make a better life for themselves.

But ya man keep calling us "paki", leaches and cancer...

Funny how you still dont get "paki" is a racial slur tho

Last edited:
But ya man keep calling us "paki", leaches and cancer...
Who is us???

Quit making this a general thing....You know damn well who I'm talking about.

Quit crying because somebody on here calling out the BS and putting THOSE issues in the spotlight.

Who is us???
Quit making this a general thing....You know damn well who I'm talking about.
Quit crying because somebody on here calling out the BS and putting THOSE issues in the spotlight.

I responded to your op when you referenced pakistani people as "pakis". You dont understand how thats racist? Hows that any different than someone referring to black people as the N word?

Seems like you tryna justify using a racial slur... You only mean it in reference to the "leaches" huh

as a black man if you don't have an issue with the way middle eastern people take advantage of poor black communities while not doing **** for those communities somethings wrong with you

however it's not just them i have the same issues with any outside group looking to drain the black community in such a fashion

Sugafree wild'n tho

as a black man if you don't have an issue with the way middle eastern people take advantage of poor black communities while not doing **** for those communities somethings wrong with you

however it's not just them i have the same issues with any outside group looking to drain the black community in such a fashion

Sugafree wild'n tho
I feel you. But can you really place all blame on these outside communities if we as black people allow them to do so? That's why I stopped giving my business to those middle eastern and asian stores. 

Last edited:

I feel you. But can you really place all blame on these outside communities if we as black people allow them to do so?
No we can not...it starts with educating our own.

I was just calling out the BS I see before my own eyes with these people who do such and think all of us blacks should be passive about it.

Absolutely not!

Back
Top Bottom