Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Originally Posted by scshift

Thinking he's worth more than Jay-Z
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Absolute clown.
That's not far fetched. In fact, it wouldn't even surprise me if he had more liquid $$$ then Jay.
Cash Money had an incredible deal. They make MUCH more per album sold compared to a lot of other labels. Same with No Limit (Southern entrepreneurs
pimp.gif
). During the Cash Money glory days MANY albums were sold. Nowadays, you still have Wayne, Drake, Nicki. Baby and Slim are getting bread off of all of those acts. Just because he seems like an ignant %%$ dude, don't get it twisted, Birdman is VERY smart about that money.

He could very well have much more liquid cash than Jay-Z.

However, Jay-Z has a ton of money in investments, ventures, businesses, etc. Birdman is nowhere near the businessman Jay-Z is. Also, Jay has far more potential to make money off of endorsements. He's actually a marketable dude, people look up to him. No company wants Birdman marketing their products.

If Jay and Birdman were both to pull out of all their banks/investments/ventures and see who's got more pure cash, Jay-Z would absolutely destroy Birdman.
Sources?
Obviously, Jay is doing a lot. He can draw in a crowd. Bird can draw in a different one. How do we know that Bird doesn't have millions coming from drug investments alone?

He's doing better than all of us.. face it. I haven't really listened to him since Big Tymers, but I do give my respect to the man.

I will always respect this man. I remember when Master P and No Limit came out (from Richmond) and everyone in the area was saying Ca$h Money would never make it that big... well damb.

Dude believed in himself. How can anyone be mad?

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Thinking he's worth more than Jay-Z
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Absolute clown.
That's not far fetched. In fact, it wouldn't even surprise me if he had more liquid $$$ then Jay.
Cash Money had an incredible deal. They make MUCH more per album sold compared to a lot of other labels. Same with No Limit (Southern entrepreneurs
pimp.gif
). During the Cash Money glory days MANY albums were sold. Nowadays, you still have Wayne, Drake, Nicki. Baby and Slim are getting bread off of all of those acts. Just because he seems like an ignant %%$ dude, don't get it twisted, Birdman is VERY smart about that money.

However, Jay-Z has a ton of money in investments, ventures, businesses, etc. Birdman is nowhere near the businessman Jay-Z is. Also, Jay has far more potential to make money off of endorsements. He's actually a marketable dude, people look up to him. No company wants Birdman marketing their products.

If Jay and Birdman were both to pull out of all their banks/investments/ventures and see who's got more pure cash, Jay-Z would absolutely destroy Birdman.

Fam, to say that Birdman isn't as good of a businessman as Jay is laughable, at best.
Is he as popular as Jay?  Nope...not even close.

Is he as rich as Jay?  No.  OF COURSE is they pulled all their money out, Jay's would be longer.  Is that even up for debate?  
laugh.gif

Is he as marketable as Jay?  Naw.  Especially with that red star on his dome.    

But for this guy to be on the Forbes list (and in the #4 slot, no less) says A LOT about his business savvy.  He doesn't have the fanbase that Jay-Z has.  He doesn't have the immediate name recognition that Jay-Z has.  Hell, when was the last time he dropped an album?  All of that said, he's STILL  #4 on the Forbes list ahead of a grip of other artists that actually are in the mainstream media every day.   

If that doesn't scream business sense, I don't know what does.  Popularity has nothing to do with business.  MONEY does and he's making a lot of it (not a billion tho 
laugh.gif
).

scshift wrote:

How do you really know? Bottom line is, no one knows what either is worth, not even Forbes. They guesstimate. 
"In 1998, Cash Money signed a $30 million pressing and distribution contract with Universal, entitling the label to 85% of its royalties, 50% of its publishing revenues and ownership of all masters"

Very few labels were getting deals like that, word to Diddy raping all his artists. 400 Degrees dropped in 98 (4X Plat), Baby been eating GOOD for like 13 years.

Just cause dude spends his money on stupid ++$% folk thinking his funds aren't like that. Bottom line is, he has the bread to spend on Bugattis, Rolls Royces, Diamond Grills, etc.

Keep making assumptions on another person's pockets. Baby has PLENTY of money. One being a (much) better rapper has NO bearing on the amount of money they're bringing in.

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

Sources?
Obviously, Jay is doing a lot. He can draw in a crowd. Bird can draw in a different one. How do we know that Bird doesn't have millions coming from drug investments alone?

He's doing better than all of us.. face it. I haven't really listened to him since Big Tymers, but I do give my respect to the man.

Of course, I do respect Birdman for having the cash and being self-made. Dude definitely made it.

But when he says something like he's worth a billion, you're just like "come on man". The last Forbes list showed Diddy was worth $475 million and Jay-Z with $450 million... and Birdman is definitely not worth more than the two combined
laugh.gif

He contracted himself about a million times in that interview about being and not being a billionaire.

Originally Posted by tecca nena

Dude didnt give one straight answer

Dude probably didn't understand the questions
laugh.gif

Not worth a Billion but still
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Old Cash Money >>> New Cash Money

did yall even listen to the interview? he clearly said he hasnt reached a billion yet and that is the goal

Originally Posted by WeStillBallin

did yall even listen to the interview? he clearly said he hasnt reached a billion yet and that is the goal

thank you
laugh.gif
at these fools debating about it.

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by tecca nena

Dude didnt give one straight answer

Dude probably didn't understand the questions
laugh.gif
Oh he understood the questions all right, don't underestimate his intellectual capabilities.

3 words: IRS 

Reminds me of Vince Vaughn's character in Old School. "I'm worth 16 million that the government knows about". Snitching one oneself to the IRS is not what's hot in the streets.
This.

Back
Top Bottom