Birmingham, AL

I'm 2nd year in college, and I've lived in Louisville, KY for 3 yrs before going down to ATL for college. 
pimp.gif

Moms got a better job down in Birmingham, AL, just wonder if any NTers live there or can shed some light on the city for me. 
laugh.gif

Thanks.

Everyone says it's pretty boring, but if you know people you can have alot of fun. There's a big indie/hipster/druggie crowd. There are some dangerous areas as well though. I like being here, it's a nice mix of things and it's slowly on the come up.

I have some fam from there, I liked it, a nice relaxed town with the BEST food. Last time I went there i gained like 15 lbs lol

i live in birmingham. don't have time tonight to type a detailed response, but would be happy to answer any questions.

Boring and SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

But if your from up north, with a up north accent, all the girls is yours!

Originally Posted by Lamak

Everyone says it's pretty boring, but if you know people you can have alot of fun. There's a big indie/hipster/druggie crowd. There are some dangerous areas as well though. I like being here, it's a nice mix of things and it's slowly on the come up.

Really?

If you're from Kentucky you should be fine...think of a not so major city in your state and I guarantee you it's the exact same. Exhaust everything good it has to offer and then find yourself a nice dive bar and become a regular

i would imagine there are lots of similarities to louisville.

largest city in its state, relatively similar population sizes, a fairly large urban university (UAB), etc...

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

i would imagine there are lots of similarities to louisville.

largest city in its state, relatively similar population sizes, a fairly large urban university (UAB), etc...
pimp.gif

any good shoe spots? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Lamak

There's a big indie/hipster/druggie crowd.
Where? I ride EVERYWHERE here from the westside hoods to Greystone and I RARELY see those types.

As for the OP, what do you want to know? There is ONE botique on the eastside(Sneaker sole) but I'm not even sure if they're open anymore. As far as shoe spots City Gear/Martys and Footaction in the Galleria are about as good as it gets with Urban outfitters as an honorable mention. Oddly though, if you're into high end designer stuff its relatively easy to find here. the sales are
pimp.gif
usually too

As far as the night life goes it all depends on how much you're willing to pay. You can go to Steel and be with a more upscale crowd if you don't mind paying ATL prices. Everywhere else including Martini's will be slightly dangerous. The strip clubs here have a decent atmosphere even though some of the women just chilling there will look better than the actual strippers. All in all it depends on how much yo're willing to pay.

UAB is pretty borring.. as far as hipsters/indie scene down there... its non existant. its nothing like westcoast line... but i guess you got your hot topic/h & m people running around... over its pretty borring.

i buy 90% of my sneakers online. part of that is convenience. plus they shut down the mall near where i live.....

Birmingham isn't boring....I mean I come from Huntsville to chill and shop down there. So I guess it's all perspective.
Lol a Birmingham summit, all of us would end up on First 48

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Birmingham isn't boring....I mean I come from Huntsville to chill and shop down there. So I guess it's all perspective.

LOL this... but not at the upscale areas like Hoover, Mountain Brook, Pelham, and etc.
Since football season is going on, come to Tuscaloosa on Friday and Saturday nights, when we have home games, and you will have a good time. If you want to drive like 45 minutes away

Originally Posted by omgitswes

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That show STAYS in Birmingham.  

Back
Top Bottom