People and Anti-Semitism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer:

I don't condone Anti-Semitism in any form and the intent behind me posting this is to have a discussion and NOT TO SUPPORT ANY OF THE COMMENTS MADE BY ANY OF THE BLACK CELEBRITIES MENTIONED HERE. I don't know them and they don't speak for me.

So first there was the Desean Jackson incident where he thought he was quoting Hitler (turns out he wasn't). He shouldn't have said any of that. He's rich enough to afford a PR person that should have prevented him from saying any of that nonsense. There was no place for it. Period.

He has and will likely continue to apologize for what he said. I am surprised that he wasn't already cut by the team (although there's plenty of time for that to happen).

My problem with it is that the team that he plays for, the Philadelphia Eagles, are basically making this man get on his knees AFTER having apologized profusely for his comments.

What I want to know is where was this type of admonishment when another WR for the Eagles a few years back, one Riley Cooper, was caught on video shouting the dreaded N-word at a Kenny Chesney concert?

As a matter of fact- Cooper was rewarded with a contract extension in the weeks following the incident. He wasn't required to meet with leaders in the black community in the way that Jackson has to meet with Rabbis and visit the Holocaust museum.

Why is the punishment for black celebs always infinitely more harsh than it is for whites?

Then I saw this article today:

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 4.41.14 PM.png

The article

Now what Nick Cannon said was ugly and again I don't condone that- but why is the penalty that CBS/Viacom terminates their relationship with him entirely within 1 day? There was no conversation as there would have been if say, Ryan Seacrest had said something equally as ugly about Black people. Mind you- Nick's show Wildin Out (no matter how you feel about it) has basically kept MTV afloat for years.

As for Louis Farrakhan being in the headline picture... as far as I'm concerned there isn't a discussion to be had about him. He hates Jewish people, period and I don't think a discussion of his politics is of any utility here or elsewhere.

Diddy got looped into this because he publicly lobbied for Cannon to come to Revolt TV to do his show. So I suppose his face appearing near the headline is guilt by proposed association which I don't agree with at all in this case (unless of course there are some anti-Semitic comments diddy has made that I am unaware of).

Ice Cube is there due to his recent tweets and if I am not mistaken some comments he made about Jerry Heller in the late 80's- Early 90's after Heller attempted to penetrate cube and the rest of NWA with "no Vaseline."

Concerning the discrepency between the public reactions, it's white privilege/supremacy at work

If a white celebrity says something offensive, a simple apology is often accepted as "good enough"

A black celebrity saying the same offensive thing and making the same apology would likely be hounded into self-flagellation...and even then they are given less room to move on with their lives

My problem with it is that the team that he plays for, the Philadelphia Eagles, are basically making this man get on his knees AFTER having apologized profusely for his comments.

whatd they make him do?

Concerning the discrepency between the public reactions, it's white privilege/supremacy at work

If a white celebrity says something offensive, a simple apology is often accepted as "good enough"

A black celebrity saying the same offensive thing and making the same apology would likely be hounded into self-flagellation...and even then they are given less room to move on with their lives
I don't think people realize this is what a lot of the "support" is for, not necessarily the comments so they get jumped on.

Let’s be clear, the world fears Black independent thought. If Black American people unify, the entire Black diaspora will as well. So we, need to be kept in check. Our anger has been weaponized against us. The only way this tactic will no longer work, is if, and when, we stop giving a damn about how the rest of the white world views us.

There is a lot of tunnel vision going on right now. Many White folks, celebrities and random folks alike, have rightfully suffered public humiliation loss of job/income after saying insensitive or even racist comments towards Black people. In the last few months, we even had folks going around, doxxing White people while the internet cheered.

Those who are familiar with Black culture and city life know about the NOI, the Black Israelites, and all those Black movements that are considered extremist by the SLPC. What they are realizing is that they have a stronger following than they thought among Black people. They no longer appear as the crazy guys in choir attire screaming on downtown street corners: black artists, execs, and athletes are repeating their words and expressing support for their beliefs.

All of this is why you are now seeing the backlash. On one hand, you want people of all creeds to support BLM and their objective of making society fairer, and on the other, you are expressing support for ideologies that vilify the people you say you need help from and want to destroy the society in which you want to be treated as equal. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

You can't be out there pushing the majority of voters, who are still white, to go out and vote a bigot out of the white house and engage in (or support) bigotry yourself. I can tell you right now that all those MAGA parents who have watched their liberal college-indoctrinated kids (their words) march in the streets to protest the institution of white supremacy are asking their kids how stupid they must feel to support people who think all of them are evil.

And regarding all the other Black celebrities coming out in support of Cannon: do it on the down low (for all the reasons I highlighted above). Let the **** die down, then let Cannon do his thing on your platform. Everything they are doing by liking, then unliking, then explaining the "like," then issuing a statement of understanding or whatever PR firms call that **** is only pouring gas on the fire, but they are too worried about winning a battle to focus on the war.

And regarding all the other Black celebrities coming out in support of Cannon: do it on the down low (for all the reasons I highlighted above). Let the **** die down, then let Cannon do his thing on your platform. Everything they are doing by liking, then unliking, then explaining the "like," then issuing a statement of understanding or whatever PR firms call that **** is only pouring gas on the fire, but they are too worried about winning a battle to focus on the war.
why do WE
always have to do it on the low
or let it die down
when they do it in the open all the time
nah **** that

I don't think people realize this is what a lot of the "support" is for, not necessarily the comments so they get jumped on.

This is so on point and most people don’t care to make the distinction.

What also bothers me is that the media is attempting to paint Stephen Jackson as a leader in the BLM movement- which he is absolutely not, and they’re using his anti-semetic commentary as proof that BLM is misguided and hateful.

His proximity to George Floyd has given him a voice but he’s never been a leader in this.

whatd they make him do?

He’s had to meet with team leadership multiple times. They’re making him meet with a Rabbi. Julian Edelman came out and asked Desean to visit the Holocaust museum. I think they’re asking him to make donations to Jewish causes (overkill in my opinion) and it’s not stopping there.

Desean Jackson is a grown *** man. These are things you make children do for saying inappropriate things.

I think it would be appropriate if the Eagles fined him and he apologized. If they want to remove him from the roster they’re entitled to that as well but then we’re back to my original issue of their treatment of a former white player who barely got a slap on the wrist- mind you the Riley Cooper incident happened while Michael Vick was on the roster and Eagles fans were up in arms about supporting him because dogs were killed on property that he owned.

He’s had to meet with team leadership multiple times. They’re making him meet with a Rabbi. Julian Edelman came out and asked Desean to visit the Holocaust museum. I think they’re asking him to make donations to Jewish causes (overkill in my opinion) and it’s not stopping there.

Desean Jackson is a grown *** man. These are things you make children do for saying inappropriate things.

I think it would be appropriate if the Eagles fined him and he apologized. If they want to remove him from the roster they’re entitled to that as well but then we’re back to my original issue of their treatment of a former white player who barely got a slap on the wrist- mind you the Riley Cooper incident happened while Michael Vick was on the roster and Eagles fans were up in arms about supporting him because dogs were killed on property that he owned.

I don't think meeting with prominent figures is a bad thing.

DJax should've asked him to visit an alcohol rehab clinic. Drunken vandal and disturber of the peace.

The Jews I know dont use a "white card". That's just something attached to you because of your skin color. Most of us dont associate ourselves as "white."

Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Russian, etc sure.

Maybe someone can help me with this but what I see is why are jewish people protected so greatly when their plight was another disastrous thing that happened to humans

there are alot of demographics out here who have worst histories yet when people speak out against jewish people the consequences are alot worst than lets say calling a native american something racist.

Jewish people who died during the holocaust was approx 6 million
Native Americans Deaths was approx 20 million
Alantic Slave trade sold approx 12 million africans.

all three of these atrocities were caused by racism and bigotry yet it only seems one of those 3 i mentioned is not up for debate.

Posted this in the racism is American as baseball thread

It's unfair to compare the tribulations of different races. No matter how you look at it, that's way too many people dead because of their skin color or beliefs in a short period of time.

A lot of it is politics too. Israel is a strong ally of the U.S. Geographically it's strategically placed. Plenty of people in power are of Jewish background.

I'm not sure why you keep trying to bring this up as if a) people aren't aware that they exist b) this who is the "black supremacists" are referring to when they're being so called anti semitic.

You know exactly who the target it is. Those people you just posted get spit on in Israel. Stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom