Black Culture Discussion Thread

women nowadays not taking pride in knowing how to dominate in the kitchen....think about it, how many of yall grandmothers or moms don't know how to cook? sounds crazy right...

nowadays if you run into a woman that can cook, you are shocked.

the losing of soul food.

Last edited:
women nowadays not taking pride in knowing how to dominate in the kitchen....think about it, how many of yall grandmothers or moms don't know how to cook? sounds crazy right...

the losing of soul food.

another thing...I guess its the times we live in but damn it seems like a lot of our women are lost in the sea of nonsense. too many don't want nothing outta life but be a E-celeb

the losing of soul food.
another thing...I guess its the times we live in but damn it seems like a lot of our women are lost in the sea of nonsense. too many don't want nothing outta life but be a E-celeb
So basically women are the problem?

my mother and gmother are educated and still do their thing in the kitchen, so what that mean?

the culture of soul food is being lost...sounds crazy but it is.

Last edited:
What did mlk malcom ali do when a white man called them the n-word?

Nothing it didnt faze them & they heard it everyday, it went in one ear & went out the other but now we got a rule if a white calls us the n word we gotta fight, its corny

Add to that black people adopting whiitey's religion(aka christianity) and worshiping a white jesus. This ish cracks me up 

Its crazy & i cant blame them because thats all they knew growing up

It's only page 2, and already so much ridiculousness.

Last edited:
Lol I think women in the kitchen is the absolute least of our issues. And who's to say a woman must absolutely dominate in the kitchen or if not it'll lead the family astray? :rofl: My Grandparents BOTH cooked up until my Grandfather was no longer able to, mind you Grandpops cooked for their 5 children for years while my Grandmother took night classes. Happily married for 40 years.

And soul food was never food for the soul anyway. It's the food of the slaves, what we ate because we had no other option.

I wish we would get off that as well, or at least learn how to incorporate healthier alternatives

Last edited:
ok ill switch lanes then...my topic was a little to weak.

I will speak for the lack of strong male figures in todays young men life. My homie is a school teacher and he says how sad it is that being honest, none of his students will never touch foot on a college campus and they are cool with(kids I mean). A lot of the kids come from single moms or either from gmothers house(bc moms is running the streets). the kids are lost and cuddled by women who are trying to mold them into the men they want.

personally I try to school my younger cousins too but they are so lost in being cool its weird. like idk what these young dudes are into. when I was young it was school, sports, and girls. this generation...I have no clue.

Last edited:
Why is black culture such a prevalent topic...?

Seems like everyone has an opinion on us...

:smh:

Music, the glorification of destructive behavior and "lack of leadership" are entirely worthless topics of discussions.

"Culture" is overrated, over discussed and over analyzed.

Talk about Poverty/Education/Housing Discrimination/Voter rights.

but miss me with this culture stuff.
Rockclap.gif

I doubt the kids are "lost" because of the lack of a father figure, it has more to do with who the kid associates with & his surroundings

Putting a father who's also in the streets in that kids life wont change him

OK I've got some kerosene for this...

Black culture is on the way out. The golden era for black culture was right after the civil rights era and into the 70s. There was power in the pride at that time. Whites even began to fear blacks and the influence they had on the upcoming generation. The birth of modern hip-hop was a zenith that shifted into a state of mind that was too "apart" from middle America. Today black culture isn't about fighting any establishment and carving out a foothold for our people, it's about attention.. We just want to be seen now. We'd rather have a $50k Gold chain and new yeezy's than a $50k down payment on a house our kids can inherit.

Black culture is going extinct. White America has exploited every crevice they could to drive consumerism. They have stolen our Black Power and they are now successfully sowing hatred among US for what WE have become, making billions in the process. There are more mixed race couples than ever, which should be a positive thing but in reality is just a by product of black women and men trying to distance themselves from what black culture has become. In America we are no longer the Kings and Queens of our neighborhoods, or the entrepreneurs who seem to produce money in places where there isn't any. We just put on our white collar or blue collar and enjoy the fact that we don't have to struggle anymore. Even though the struggle is what makes a culture more cohesive and formidable.

.... and here's the lit match.

Get over it. If you don't let go of black culture, you'll be left in the past. Aside from being in a gentrified neighborhood.. your children will not inherit your black pride. White America won the race war. Civil rights and their children's music and fashion tastes were just casualties they had to sacrifice to get through the fight. 

at the end of the day building a successful family unit is more difficult than its ever been. For everyone, not just blacks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom