Black Culture Discussion Thread

So what happens now that Kaep and the NFL have come to an agreement? We go back to watching the NFL?
I see that there's a new pro football league out called AAF and they're picking up a lot of steam. Wonder if Kaep would be interested in joining one of those teams.

kaep said he want 20m's to play in AAF

but they only give 225000 (?) 3 yrs deals

and an option to move up to the nfl

Blackman Elementary Principal Trades Black History Month in Favor of 'Multicultural Month'

https://www.dnj.com/story/news/2019...lz4SSM07uS_bWjb40IGW1mRIuuzgq0925VqHNPjGP8qEE

Blackman Elementary School is abandoning Black History Month in favor of "Multicultural Month," instead teaching students about a variety of cultures rather than focusing on African-American heritage.

Black History Month, which is observed in February, is a national celebration of African-American and black tradition in the United States. Blackman Elementary's choice not to observe the celebration felt like a slap in the face to parent Rachaunda Taylor.

"... My child will know why we celebrate this month. I will teach her myself," Taylor said in an emailed statement to The Daily News Journal.

Taylor's daughter is learning about Singapore, according to a paper sent home by her daughter's teacher. She, along with her classmates, are making posters about Singapore's history to display during a multicultural festival that's planned for the end of February.

When Taylor reached out to the elementary school's principal Cynthia Ford, who is Black, she wasn't happy with the principal's response.

"There would not be enough months in the school year to recognize and celebrate 'ALL' students represented here," Ford wrote in an email to Taylor. "I take pride in establishing an opportunity for everyone to learn about the cultures of our student body."

According to data provided by the state, nearly 25 percent of students at the elementary school are Black.

"I don't agree with her response at all," Taylor said of Ford's email. "There is absolutely no problem in teaching kids about other cultures but do it in another month."

Ford didn't return voicemail messages or emails seeking comment, but county schools spokesman James Evans said the principal wanted to celebrate the whole student body.

"Ms. Ford has been the principal of Blackman for 20 years and says the school has celebrated multicultural month since she’s been there," Evans said. "It started
out smaller and made sure students are learning in February during lessons that were inclusive of all Multicultural Month nationalities represented by the student body. As the diversity has increased, so has the way they have celebrated the multiple cultures."

According to the curriculum outline provided by Evans, students are learning about diverse art, music and athletes.

They're also learning about famous African-Americans, Jewish-American heritage, Arab-American heritage and Korean-American heritage. Kindergartners are reading a book called "Everybody Cooks Rice," a children's picture book that shows the multiple ways rice is cooked around the world.

On mobile now but please do yourself a favor and YouTube tim wise talk on MLK day. Dropping knowledge bombs

Isn't Shaq a generation after Kareem?
Kareem old enough to be that young man's grandpa.

Anyway, I love when successful black men get together.

Shaq is corny/unfunny but he did it right. Props to him. Talking bout his after NBA career

Léonce Ndikumana discusses his newest research on capital flight from Angola, Côte d’Ivoire and South Africa between 1975 and 2015. 290 Billion dollars were funneled out of these countries over this period through misinvoicing and circumventing regulation and taxation. Most of that money ended up in corporations in the global north.

Back
Top Bottom