Black Culture Discussion Thread

Your takeaway is wild. But I knew you’d come to that. I don’t think the article is what you’re making it to be (or what you want your confirmation bias to confirm).

Rather like tomdiginson tomdiginson , another differing faction viewpoint from an Eritrean/Ethiopian. Not a “BLACK ACADEMIC” ****ting on the legacy of a black man held in high regard. I don’t think the writer is approaching it from the angle you want it to to he. But alas

Anyways….THIS is more of the discussion I was looking for.

Good talk tomdiginson tomdiginson . I came away with similar thoughts after reading that article. Appreciate the further content for the varying rastas, and their views. There’s a generationalization and I could say some misconception on this topic.
Checkout Mutabaruka. He was on Def Poetry Jam some years ago. He debates with various people all over the world speaks on various topics etc. I don't agree with everything he said, but he's spot on with much what he says.

Your takeaway is wild. But I knew you’d come to that. I don’t think the article is what you’re making it to be (or what you want your confirmation bias to confirm).

Rather like tomdiginson tomdiginson , another differing faction viewpoint from an Eritrean/Ethiopian. Not a “BLACK ACADEMIC” ****ting on the legacy of a black man held in high regard. I don’t think the writer is approaching it from the angle you want it to to he. But alas

Anyways….THIS is more of the discussion I was looking for.

Good talk tomdiginson tomdiginson . I came away with similar thoughts after reading that article. Appreciate the further content for the varying rastas, and their views. There’s a generationalization and I could say some misconception on this topic.

ummmm Okay i guess.

I have a different viewpoint i stated that view, if you disagree cool. Everything about that article came off as Bias & trying to create a narrative.

Seeing black people get emotionally invested in a European war is wild, Talking about free Ukraine like ***** you ain't free in your own country stop worrying about other groups affairs.

As some will say, Black Love is the answer for Humanity.

We as Black people sympathize/emphasize for anybody/anyone that seen and experience a glimpse of racial oppression. There’s a historical trauma that connects us to any type of colonial aggression. We identify with it. Perhaps this is why?

Although, I can speak for myself. I have a personal friend who’s Ukrainian and his family of whom we developed a special bond. Knowing that his entire family (except for him) moved back last year (mom, dad, 2 sisters, 3 brothers from ages of 17-29), I can only feel to be concerned.

Just as I am for the Palestinians, Yemenis, etc.

Last edited:

:lol::lol:

These mf'ers are in love with representation & symbols man

"According to data collected by The Washington Post, police shot and killed at least 1,055 people nationwide last year, the most since the newspaper began tracking fatal shootings by officers in 2015. That is more than the 1,021 shootings in 2020 and the 999 in 2019. "

This whats still happening but good to know i could wear twist to my next interview

"And why are they denied these opportunities? Because there are folks in this society who get to make those decisions who think because you're hair is kinky, it is braided, it is in knots or it is not straight and blonde and light brown"

dave-chapelle-word.gif

And this is exactly why i'm critical of the Bill

I AM NOT SAYING ITS BAD
I AM NOT SAYING ITS BAD
I AM NOT SAYING ITS BAD
I AM NOT SAYING ITS BAD

These people aren't discriminating against applicants because of their hair it's because of their skin & background. Companies are just going to find another factor to harp in on & not give people the job.

It's cool that it's no longer an eligible requirement, but is it really going to assist in more black hires at this company? we'll find out

"And why are they denied these opportunities? Because there are folks in this society who get to make those decisions who think because you're hair is kinky, it is braided, it is in knots or it is not straight and blonde and light brown"

dave-chapelle-word.gif

And this is exactly why i'm critical of the Bill

I AM NOT SAYING ITS BAD
I AM NOT SAYING ITS BAD
I AM NOT SAYING ITS BAD
I AM NOT SAYING ITS BAD

These people aren't discriminating against applicants because of their hair it's because of their skin & background. Companies are just going to find another factor to harp in on & not give people the job.

It's cool that it's no longer an eligible requirement, but is it really going to assist in more black hires at this company? we'll find out

I get what you're saying. I did have a supervisor who wasn't my direct supervisor but who had apparently been involved in my hire, get weird when I said I was going to get cornrows. Straight up told me I might not have been hired if I'd had cornrows.

So yeah, some white people do need an explicit directive about how to handle these situations. Some folks are out of touch yet in positions of power, and I appreciate things like this because as dumb as it is, some of these people basically need the principal to call them into the office like "now jeffrey, you know you can't actually not hire Public Enemy Public Enemy because of his hairstyle, right?

This was years ago for me, but I have little doubt that out of touch white people are in power all over still. I don't think that's a leap, lol. So yeah, it's not a waste of time. Even though it's dumb that it has to be a thing.

Join us for an honest, accessible conversation with #1 New York Times bestselling author and educator, Dr. Ibram X. Kendi, as he discusses his books Stamped (For Kids) and Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You. During this live event, Dr. Kendi will share the inspiration behind his work and give an overview of what his books offer young readers.

Event attendees will learn about racism and American history, gain knowledge to help them navigate today's complex world, and have the chance to ask questions of our special guest.

Click the link below to register.

They really told Will we'll give you an oscar if you humiliate a fellow black man :smh:

Ay I was definitely thinking to myself why he couldnt have done this to one of them "others" that was making jokes and ****.

I think Will told us the truth tonight though. Hes been a Hollywood golden boy for 30 years. He's overwhelmed. Rock caught fed up Smith.

Notice how he tried to laugh through the G.I. Jane joke...seems like the line was crossed when Rock said "oh that was a nice one"...we can all make assumptions on what that's implying.

Back
Top Bottom