Black Culture Discussion Thread

The people who always criticize rap music…. Be the same ones who ONLY listen to rap.

They be out here not knowing any Jazz, r&b, or gospel singers, but quick to criticize rap because deep down they’re guilty of being obsessed with the lifestyle:lol: :lol: :rofl:

People, we live in the free world. You do not have to listen to rap if you don’t want to :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dudes be suckers out here. If rap has that type of control over you, that’s a personal problem.

Violence has been here since the beginning of time and will forever be part of The human experience but cool.

Millions of years of human conditioning…. Blame rap :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
I think you got that backwards my dude :lol: why would someone who only listens to rap criticize the only thing they know.

…. And you’d be surprised about people criticizing things they only know.

“I need to stop drinking, I need stop smoking” people do or consume stuff that they consider bad for them all the time.

I bet the majority of the music he listens to is hip hop? Neither of us knows him personally (I assume) but I’m bold enough to see through the BS. I bet buddy owns guns too.

I know the type bruh. Again, he sounds like a sucker or jealous because he wants the lifestyle or adoration of a rapper.

…. And you’d be surprised about people criticizing things they only know.

“I need to stop drinking, I need stop smoking” people do or consume stuff that they consider bad for them all the time.

I bet the majority of the music he listens to is hip hop? Neither of us knows him personally (I assume) but I’m bold enough to see through the BS. I bet buddy owns guns too.

I know the type bruh. Again, he sounds like a sucker or jealous because he wants the lifestyle or adoration of a rapper.
I'd def be surprised. The dudes I know that only listen to rap, embrace and live that ****.

This isn’t true…..at all. Rappers criticize rappers for this. Now, you not going to get many kids to straight up tell yea, “Yea Im out here wildin in the streets because I wanna be like NBA Youngboy..” They KNOW thats lame.

Bro them dudes who try and railroad and blame rap for everything give me Steve Harvey/Dirty Macking vibes.

Type to tell a woman that her dude is no good because he wants them skins. I see right through it

I see plenty of people in this SITE dismissing the idea of rap being a reason some of our kids (and adults) act the way they do.

Plenty.

“Bruh, what you locked up for?”

“I was listening to an NBA Youngboy song, and he said go shoot a person”

That’s on THEM. Again drugs, alcohol, etc anything can cause addiction or eradicate behavior. People need to stop the blame game.

If listening to a certain rap artist makes you dumb enough to go out there and commit anarchy, then you deserve the consequences

Last edited:
I think Vlad interviews are supposed to be terrible by design as far as black culture goes :lol::smh:

Still not sure why certain black folks insist on supporting Vlad's platform.

Must be some really nice checks. :smh:

i never really can understand what the problem is with vlad’s interviews…granted there are a good deal of duds & the questioning is usually pretty basic/superficial, i think the approach is definitely something of compromise in quality for quantity; i don’t know if it’s still that way but every once in awhile there are some interesting characters actually make the bland line of questioning actually work 😂

Does anyone have any good black podcasts?

Louder than a Riot was my first one, hooked on it, loved every episode, but looks like NPR is discontinuing it-- which is awful imo

I just looked up the Pac video from HS. Never seen that interview before, but I can see what MJW is saying.

It’s nothing like that, really. The ***** def came off kinda soft in that interview, but whatever :lol:. When you get the fuller picture, you’ll understand. The PAC interview from when he was 17, and just moved to Marin City is weirdly used to discredit him as “fake” or “playing gangsta”.

When you actually watch it, it gives a much fuller perspective. And when you see his transitions, it all makes sense in the realest way. Dude whole life could be a reflection on how America treats its young, black, talented, head strong and educated…who know the truth about this country. There is a point in the doc, when you realize how this can happen over such a shorty time. Similar story with his mom and the panthers. Who was also a poet, actor and educated…but didn’t have the resources to continue that.

There is another point in the doc, where it goes over that interview…and it gives background to how he hit the streets, and turned to a “playa” after dropping out after moving to Marin. Dude wasn’t getting no play being a broke nice guy, so he went with what teens in them environment do.

Playing Bishop in juice, didn’t make him “gangsta”. He’d already been running around, long before that.

PAC also grew up around my way in Baltimore. Old timers been telling me what he was actually like for years. Same dude, same spirit. Same mission.

He More consistent and realer, than alot of folks period. Same dude who was in 9th grade., performing “Babies having Babies”….

a few years later…”Brenda’s got a baby”.

And he was still doing the activist work…on the side of being a rapper/actor etc. While running the streets of Marin, touring the world with digital underground and then running the streets in Queens. Cannot wrap my mind around how much he was doing, before even really blowing up.

Long enough post, but the definition of what is “Gangsta” and what is “effeminate”…by Vlad & them needs to be revisited. The PAC stories are endless, on the “real *****” type tip. But he was much, much more than even that. Fearless.

Last edited:
It’s nothing like that, really. The ***** def came off kinda soft in that interview, but whatever :lol:. When you get the fuller picture, you’ll understand. The PAC interview from when he was 17, and just moved to Marin City is weirdly used to discredit him as “fake” or “playing gangsta”.

When you actually watch it, it gives a much fuller perspective. And when you see his transitions, it all makes sense in the realest way. Dude whole life could be a reflection on how America treats its young, black, talented, head strong and educated…who know the truth about this country. There is a point in the doc, when you realize how this can happen over such a shorty time. Similar story with his mom and the panthers. Who was also a poet, actor and educated…but didn’t have the resources to continue that.

There is another point in the doc, where it goes over that interview…and it gives background to how he hit the streets, and turned to a “playa” after dropping out after moving to Marin. Dude wasn’t getting no play being a broke nice guy, so he went with what teens in them environment do.

Playing Bishop in juice, didn’t make him “gangsta”. He’d already been running around, long before that.

PAC also grew up around my way in Baltimore. Old timers been telling me what he was actually like for years. Same dude, same spirit. Same mission.

He More consistent and realer, than alot of folks period. Same dude who was in 9th grade., performing “Babies having Babies”….a few years later…”Brenda’s got a baby”.

And he was still doing the activist work…on the side of being a rapper/actor etc. While running the streets of Marin, touring the world with digital underground and then running the streets in Queens. Cannot wrap my mind around how much he was doing, before even really blowing up.

Long enough post, but the definition of what is “Gangsta” and what is “effeminate”…by Vlad & them needs to be revisited. The PAC stories are endless, on the “real *****” type tip. But he was much, much more than even that. Fearless.

All that can be true, I'm no Pac authority. I was just saying after looking at that video I can see why they said what they did. It's far different than the Pac I grew up with and admired.

Amazing what can happen to a man whose Mom was a drug addict, brutally beaten by cops for crossing the street, shot multiple times while the attempt on his life was left an unsolved mystery, demonized by the media, set up to be imprisoned, betrayed by the very organizations/people he thought would have his back, etc, etc.

But yeah - playing the character Bishop in Juice is what led to his downfall. SMH

Typical for Vlad but MJW outta be ashamed of himself.

All that can be true, I'm no Pac authority. I was just saying after looking at that video I can see why they said what they did. It's far different than the Pac I grew up with and admired.

Understand that. Really just another layer. Same person

Same person too. This is closer to the guy in the video at 17, you saw.

We all got layers. Must watch doc

Amazing what can happen to a man whose Mom was a drug addict, brutally beaten by cops for crossing the street, shot multiple times while the attempt on his life was left an unsolved mystery, demonized by the media, set up to be imprisoned, betrayed by the very organizations/people he thought would have his back, etc, etc.

But yeah - playing the character Bishop in Juice is what led to his downfall. SMH

Typical for Vlad but MJW outta be ashamed of himself.

I swear. The fact that the “Bisphop in juice” talking point is still a thing :smh:

Back
Top Bottom