Black Culture Discussion Thread

Alright, so how many white billionaires give back to their own folks?
My guess is very few when you consider the high number of jobs being outsourced, the complete fleecing of America that happened during the last Bush administration.
I can guarantee you those jobs aren't being outsourced by black billionaires, and the trillions of dollars that were stolen during the Bush administration weren't being put back into middle class white communities.

Yea. I noticed most of Oprah's staff when she was doing the Oprah show was white. Same with her magazine

Only person black I noticed was Gayle king

I find it telling how she gave non blacks a come up like Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz

Majority of Oprahs fans are middle aged white women, so theyd look at her crazy if she gave Dr.Sebi and Umar johnson daytime shows. "pop" culture = appealing to the majority, when you look at a Tyler Perry type, he can get away with hiring blacks in huge numbers because he has a "lane", Oprah doesnt have a lane, shes part of a larger machine so when ever she does something that relates strictly to blacks it has to be done in Africa or something small scale.

B8MPvDnCcAAac-u.jpg

B8MPvbKCUAEdOBs.jpg

i don't know what that images is supposed to mean...but the (over) analysis of it is revealing, that interpretation from such a rather vague image says a lot about the interpreter...the photographer may have made the decision to have the weapons closer to the camera for the most visibility to communicate some point, the handedness thing is reaching but either player could be left handed, and the message could be anything about black & white relations; why assume it to be negative?

the world isn't, as much as it get framed as if it were, black & white...seems like what passes for thought provoking dialogue here is to post a link to something & co-sign it. there isn't much dialoguing and it doesn't seem like any critical thought is allowed...a few pages back someone asked for opinions on umar johnson's ideologies, and the "dialogue" that resulted was not about his ideas but why they are not being received with everyone throwing cash at him...as if the problem is with the scope of those ideas not the ideas themselves...

an interesting interview with bill gates, though it is mostly about his foundation's goals to lessen disease & poverty but he talks about the african continent as one of the few places in the world where the fertility rate is above replacement and what this will mean for the future...he doesn't make this argument but with history as something of a guide, as more african nations began to harness more of their human capital/potential it will probably put more pressure on labor markets across other continents perhaps deepening the inequality in those other places while increasing the standard of living in african countries...

you wonder if people will start to emigrate from western countries in larger numbers to other places that may not be established or have fully formed institutions though have greater opportunities?

History shows most of those black billionares rarely give back to their own black folks.

i think because oft times if it isn't made to be an event or highly publicized, we might assume that to be the case but sometimes it is just that their contributions aren't known & don't go out of their way to make it known...

I've come to understand a few things over the years.
When they tell us to write our congressman and congresswoman, and to write our local political leaders, it's not just talk.
The rich run this country because they run the government.
They pay to get what they want, and what they want is more money and more power, and greedy politicians keep giving it to them.
The way we get to the rich is through their paid representation, republicans and democrats.

I'm sure the black billionaires in this country give back to black communities, but it's not enough of them to make a significant impact when you consider all of the issues we face in our communities.
We need to put our focus on the other billionaires and see to it that they are also putting back into our community in a way that helps progress our people.

Majority of Oprahs fans are middle aged white women, so theyd look at her crazy if she gave Dr.Sebi and Umar johnson daytime shows. "pop" culture = appealing to the majority, when you look at a Tyler Perry type, he can get away with hiring blacks in huge numbers because he has a "lane", Oprah doesnt have a lane, shes part of a larger machine so when ever she does something that relates strictly to blacks it has to be done in Africa or something small scale.

Last edited:
And? steve isn't promoting himself as being a black entertainer, he is trying to achieve Colorless Status that Oprah has. Steve doesnt speak on black issues on anything he does that is shown on tv. Not sure why you are saying "come on" for.
Yea. I noticed most of Oprah's staff when she was doing the Oprah show was white. Same with her magazine

Only person black I noticed was Gayle king

I find it telling how she gave non blacks a come up like Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz

Majority of Oprahs fans are middle aged white women, so theyd look at her crazy if she gave Dr.Sebi and Umar johnson daytime shows.

And? steve isn't promoting himself as being a black entertainer, he is trying to achieve Colorless Status that Oprah has. Steve doesnt speak on black issues on anything he does that is shown on tv. Not sure why you are saying "come on" for.

Majority of Oprahs fans are middle aged white women, so theyd look at her crazy if she gave Dr.Sebi and Umar johnson daytime shows.

Either way, we gotta do our own thing, i can careless what oprah does, if she doesnt want to help blacks then she will live with whatever fate has in store with her. From an opionion stand point I think most of the black celebs could be using their money to create businesses instead of "charity", but at the end of th day thats their money, if they arent black empowerment more power to them. Im not going to break my back when something happens to em or care to defend them.

Alright, so how many white billionaires give back to their own folks?
My guess is very few when you consider the high number of jobs being outsourced, the complete fleecing of America that happened during the last Bush administration.
I can guarantee you those jobs aren't being outsourced by black billionaires, and the trillions of dollars that were stolen during the Bush administration weren't being put back into middle class white communities.
errr the majority of the wealthy and middle class are white bro.

Are you serious man? Have you ever Watched Steve or listened to steve? His biggest reach is still radio where all he does is talk about Black issues. You sitting here ranting with no substance.

Yeah with the user name Ya ****** like it, not taking you or your crappy art serious.
laugh.gif

i don't know what that images is supposed to mean...but the (over) analysis of it is revealing, that interpretation from such a rather vague image says a lot about the interpreter...the photographer may have made the decision to have the weapons closer to the camera for the most visibility to communicate some point, the handedness thing is reaching but either player could be left handed, and the message could be anything about black & white relations; why assume it to be negative?

the world isn't, as much as it get framed as if it were, black & white...seems like what passes for thought provoking dialogue here is to post a link to something & co-sign it. there isn't much dialoguing and it doesn't seem like any critical thought is allowed...a few pages back someone asked for opinions on umar johnson's ideologies, and the "dialogue" that resulted was not about his ideas but why they are not being received with everyone throwing cash at him...as if the problem is with the scope of those ideas not the ideas themselves...

an interesting interview with bill gates, though it is mostly about his foundation's goals to lessen disease & poverty but he talks about the african continent as one of the few places in the world where the fertility rate is above replacement and what this will mean for the future...he doesn't make this argument but with history as something of a guide, as more african nations began to harness more of their human capital/potential it will probably put more pressure on labor markets across other continents perhaps deepening the inequality in those other places while increasing the standard of living in african countries...

you wonder if people will start to emigrate from western countries in larger numbers to other places that may not be established or have fully formed institutions though have greater opportunities?
i think because oft times if it isn't made to be an event or highly publicized, we might assume that to be the case but sometimes it is just that their contributions aren't known & don't go out of their way to make it known...
+1

i thought it was a reach too

but i figured i was just looking at it diff 

"The Factor" changed my life. R.I.P. to the master teacher. His movies and lectures and the truth. Shout out to you for being up on it.

Dude was def legit, i wonder if there will be a time where black scholara go back to debating white scholars like they did back in the day.

Are you serious man? Have you ever Watched Steve or listened to steve? His biggest reach is still radio where all he does is talk about Black issues. You sitting here ranting with no substance.
but he doesn't speak on those issues on his talk show.....steve plays both sides of the fence

two totally different personas 

Last edited:
Kiss a man on the cheek almost anywhere in Africa and see what happens to you

Thats the weird thing... an african dude can call you handsome or good looking but to call em gay will get you hurt

I dont know if our mentality is wrong (homophobic) but the way we call dudes suspect is overblown and used too much in american culture.

I saw two men holding hands the other day. No one even cared to bat an eye, but call those dudes gay and you will be a victim of street cat violence.

but he doesn't speak on those issues on his talk show.....steve plays both sides of the fence

lol you're talking to a Troll bruh, ignore him, he does in majority of the threads he posts in. Only a SWS thinks Steve Harvey is some Pro Black "leader". Dude plays it safe just like Oprah.

Thats the weird thing... an african dude can call you handsome or good looking but to call em gay will get you hurt

I dont know if our mentality is wrong (homophobic) but the way we call dudes suspect is overblown and used too much in american culture.

I saw two men holding hands the other day. No one even cared to bat an eye, but call those dudes gay and you will be a victim of street cat violence.

look at cats from Jamaica, they rock OD tight clothes with cuts on em, wear blonde hair, see thru shirts, but dare you call them gay, and they will have machetes at your neck.

Hows bout he tries to be fair?

Some of yall probably the type that thinks Obama should ONLY help black people. Thats not what Martin preached. Its all about equally. I never called Steve some black leader, but to flat out ignore what he does for blacks is just disrespectful. I mean you got dudes saying Steve never talks about black issues on his TV show, yet you never even watched the show. How you gonna claim something but never watched it?

typical false pro black troll. You just scream things like they're facts when they aint

Last edited:
look at cats from Jamaica, they rock OD tight clothes with cuts on em, wear blonde hair, see thru shirts, but dare you call them gay, and they will have machetes at your neck.

Someone gets it. Unless dudes are doing gay acts there is no reason to call em suspect

Go ahead and call one of those dudes gay. You will be physically harmed.

Africa is like the south in regards to religion. Theres a no nonsense Policy.

Hows bout he tries to be fair?

Some of yall probably the type that thinks Obama should ONLY help black people. Thats not what Martin preached. Its all about equally. I never called Steve some black leader, but to flat out ignore what he does for blacks is just disrespectful. I mean you got dudes saying Steve never talks about black issues on his TV show, yet you never even watched the show. How you gonna claim something but never watched it?

typical false pro black troll. You just scream things like they're facts when they aint
1. I've watched his show

2. I don't think that about Obama

3. Steve had racist *** Paula Deen as a mentor for young black males

4. Just talking radio....Tom Joyner has done more for blacks then Steve could even dream of doing...it's a shame that he lost listeners to that **** Steve but unfortunately women started eating dude up over that dumbass book

5. Race aside Steve is a snake.....Bernie Mac died not even on good terms with dude for the shady **** he tried pulling......Steve is thirsty for attention and he'll tap dance to get it 

end of the day he can get his money as he so pleases but I'm not propping this guy up like he's out here trying to better melanated people 

Back
Top Bottom