Black Culture Discussion Thread

Sweetie, you teach an extra curricular activity. Provide clear rules and instructions. If they do not follow them, give them their money back and tell them to have a good one.

I’d up the fee too. Shoot you’re getting paid to train those disruptive rascals. I’d play my position and get money. If they want to be foolish, let them be foolish while you’re going all the way to the bank off their parents dime.

A lot of people want others to raise their kids out here though. It don’t work that way

Last edited:
Those are 12 stipulations that y’all want be taught by teachers? Even if it’s broken down amongst a few teachers.

Schools don’t even want provide free lunch, performing arts, etc.

Parents need to be just as hands on as these teachers.

It’s the parents jobs to teach etiquette, cleanliness, vehicles maintenance, self defense, survival, etc.

A teacher shouldn’t be responsible for being a therapist. Go to therapy.

Finances, insurance, coding, taxes, and cooking I agree with those. Those should be taught along with the typical curriculum.
People work 40-50 hours a week , come home cook for the family. Kids doing homework and socializing, parents trying to decompress... It's hard these days cause life feels like it's going 100 mph .

Anyone here looked into or practice a Traditional African Religion or any of the Afro-American diasporan religions? Ifa/Isese? Akom? Vodou/Voodoo? Santeria? Obeah? Candomble? Lucumi?

I know depending on who you ask they are all different versions of the same religion adapted for local culture and traditions. I'm just trying to learn more and the web and libraries are sparse on information. Youtube has some interesting stuff but I like to sit and read as well.

I’d up the fee too. Shoot you’re getting paid to train those disruptive rascals. I’d play my position and get money. If they want to be foolish, let them be foolish while you’re going all the way to the bank off their parents dime.

A lot of people want others to raise their kids out here though. It don’t work that way
Upping the fee might really be the move. I understand to some it can seem like it's keeping the poorer well behaved kids out of opportunities (which is truly unfortunate) however it also keeps the riff raff out. The difference in a party where entry is free or $5 vs even $10 or $20 really changes the atmosphere even though its the same music. Different clientele, different vibes. Now imagine the impact on a child's after school program. Parents paying $25-50 per session probably think of it as the cost of doing business to enjoy 2 hours to themselves. Up that fee to a solid $100-$125 and you'll see the riff raff go away.

The more I write the more serious I actually think this is. Even if a child is enjoying the activity you put them in, they still may not want to go because the environment is stressful or unproductive. We give up time for money and vice verse. Kids give up one type of fun time for another and in they are way more sensitive to that than we give them credit for. Some kids need to be excluded until their parents correct them to where they can function socially and take instruction. True enough for their parents too most likely.

Getting young black boys into sports can be the first step in countless positive things for them; giving them something to look forward to, instilling discipline, an alternative to hanging out on the streets.

Also, the man may just like working with kids.
Learned so many of the lessons and skills I use on a daily basis from playing sports all year around throughout childhood and adolescence. Great confidence builder too.

this new era of liberal "feminist" and the men who go along with that thinking (the whole BLM/Woke movement) just as damaging to the community as those who spew nothing but ignorance & stereotypes

this new era of liberal "feminist" and the men who go along with that thinking (the whole BLM/Woke movement) just as damaging to the community as those who spew nothing but ignorance & stereotypes

Like I said. Men are NOT designed to be emotional (as I said, having emotions and being emotional are two separate things). Women are designed to be emotional, we’re designed to be logical. That’s one of the fundamental differences other than them being able to bare children, and us men not being able to.

All these emotional men are giving way to more crimes of passion and not being able to let go. Feeling like they’re entitled to women just because, lashing out and being violent, not knowing how to handle adversity. Laziness, wanting something for nothing. Not knowing how to pay dues and earn anything.

It’s a sickness. I’m glad I don’t have kids and don’t plan too.

Boys are being raised to have emotional outbursts and be rewarded for that behavior. Then they grow up and evolve into horrible adults.

Oh, I don’t pay women like her any mind. Looks are subjective but, societies propensity to be caught up on looks and vanity is what creates women like her. Dudes have probably stroked her ego since she was a kid. It’s all psychological.

I’m sure many of us have been in public or around the fellas and women, there’s always those guys who gawk or obsess over woman. Like I had a homeboy who was as desperate as it gets. There’s always a dude willing to save these females.

She’s a dunce, but society is what contributed to her mindset. But my motto has always been for every “attractive woman, there’s a dude that’s happy he got rid of her” let her be another dudes headache.

And like the boys said above, sports>>>>>

I honestly didn’t even hang with many dudes who weren’t into sports or played. Sounds weird but I grew up playing sports and being part of a team so, I thought it was normal. My best friends, he’s memories, damn near 80% is based off sports. My coaches, etc. we still are cool. I get goosebumps just thinking about my teammates, coaches and games.

She deleted the post but my post was her tweet in the bottom left

I ain't gonna hold you i'm tired of seeing this sucka **** too, "she's lightskin" darker people in the community who have probably faced discrimination in the past due to their skin color are very comfortable talking greasy about light skin people and perpetuating that same hate & discrimination & it's just accepted

Same way nobody blinks an eye about skinny Jokes but the world is supposed to stop & be sensitive with fat Jokes. This why i be having a hard time emphathizing with a lot of people, because it's not the behavior that they have a problem with, it's that its being used against them.

Sports are great, but it has been used as a crutch at times to 'save' black boys and do much more damage than intended. I'm a boxing coach and work with little league teams in the off-season for their conditioning and see plenty of kids and parents try to train themselves into commodities. I love sports but we definitely have an issue when it comes to our self-image in relation to it, especially as it pertains to boys and men.

Also, all people are emotional beings, by virtue of having emotions. We're socially engineered to suppress certain emotions over others because of social stigmas and engineering but the evidence of our emotional tolls are all around us. Men are the drivers of over %98 of all mass shootings, %90 of both victims and perpetrators of gun homicides and over 80% of gun suicides-- it takes a whole lot of emotion to do either of those acts, yet women aren't doing them at even remotely the same rate despite being seen as less 'logical.'

There's a wave of more people asking boys and men to engage with their emotions so that they are more competent in assessing and dealing with them, which I think is the opposite of encouraging emotional outburst? If I'm following that convo correctly, I think that's a good thing

Back
Top Bottom