Black Folk, Where are we at when it comes to allowing others to use N word with the A

I always wondered why do non blacks WANT to say the N word. Is it because it makes you feel cool?

Please respond.

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

I always wondered why do non blacks WANT to say the N word. Is it because it makes you feel cool?

Please respond.
no one wants to be told what they can't say

because i say what i feel like saying and if someone has a problem with it then they better not say it around me at all either otherwise i'll call them out.

If you one of those dudes that's real casual with it I hope you slip up one day and catch that beat down.
laugh.gif

Hermosa Beach wrote:
because i say what i feel like saying and if someone has a problem with it then they better not say it around me at all either otherwise i'll call them out.

edit: dudes like this. real safe with it 99% of the time but that one time.... 
roll.gif

why would someone beat someone down over a word?

for you guys who get mad when someone non black says the word do you use it yourself in your everyday vocabulary?

context is key guys

And what is a black dude beating someone down over saying the N word going to do positive, for himself or the progress of the race? Probably end up incarcerated over it, struggle to get a job after that, end up on the streets, viscous cycle that follows. Oh yea, we won that one. Yay! Last thing we need is more violence

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

And what is a black dude beating someone down over saying the N word going to do positive, for himself or the progress of the race? Probably end up incarcerated over it, struggle to get a job after that, end up on the streets, viscous cycle that follows. Oh yea, we won that one. Yay! Last thing we need is more violence
I never understood that either. 
laugh.gif

I'm black and I realllllyyyyyy could careless if someone not black uses that word around me.

It literally is just a word. *Shrugs*

Besides, if the N bomb really is that big of a deal and a bad word, then the fact that black people call each other that word is dumbfounding.

But I digress...

I'm not buying the catch a beat down talk. That only happens when a person is saying it in a clearly racist way. Any other time not involving them, it will result in something much worse than you just beating the person up. If you willing to catch a case over a word or worse cuz you only want ppl of your color using the word especially when you use it at any chance you get that's your problem.

I know for a fact the white boys that get a pass in NYC cuz they live that life aint gonna just lay down to somebody trying to punk them over it.

Originally Posted by Hermosa Beach

why would someone beat someone down over a word?

for you guys who get mad when someone non black says the word do you use it yourself in your everyday vocabulary?

context is key guys

I use it every single day but I make sure to never say it around people like you. 
Why do you say it?

I honestly feel like most white people who say it would love to have that extra swag about them. Cause why else would you want to say something that a lot of people dont agree with then get mad if you're checked about it. Everybody wanna be a N but nobody wanna be a N. Feel me?

i say it because it's every day slang in the area i grew up in.

it's been the same way as addressing someone as son, fam, b, etc.

i've had people try and check me over it when they used it themself and they were the one who ended up getting touched after they initiated a problem they were wrong to start in the first place.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I'm not buying the catch a beat down talk. That only happens when a person is saying it in a clearly racist way. Any other time not involving them, it will result in something much worse than you just beating the person up. If you willing to catch a case over a word or worse cuz you only want ppl of your color using the word especially when you use it at any chance you get that's your problem.

I know for a fact the white boys that get a pass in NYC cuz they live that life aint gonna just lay down to somebody trying to punk them over it.
In my experience, anybody can tell when that's a natural part of someones vocabulary or not. There are non blacks in every city who are bout it and for better or worse, grew up using the word. These are the dudes who "get a pass" or rather don't need one. 
I'm talking about the NT clown who's quick to pop off with "I'm not black but I use it. I say what I want when I want" knowing damn well they probably quiet as a mouse with any vernacular when they're in the presence of black males. 

These are the dudes that I've seen catch beat downs with my own eyes. Granted, it usually doesn't go that far, usually they get punked and all parties keep it moving. 

Lol at this catch a case, you doing life in prison talk. You guy's municipalities must be locked down tight!

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

In my experience, anybody can tell when that's a natural part of someones vocabulary or not. There are non blacks in every city who are bout it and for better or worse, grew up using the word. These are the dudes who "get a pass" or rather don't need one. 
I'm talking about the NT clown who's quick to pop off with "I'm not black but I use it. I say what I want when I want" knowing damn well they probably quiet as a mouse with any vernacular when they're in the presence of black males. 

These are the dudes that I've seen catch beat downs with my own eyes. Granted, it usually doesn't go that far, usually they get punked and all parties keep it moving. 

Lol at this catch a case, you doing life in prison talk. You guy's municipalities must be locked down tight!

you seem hurt that i say a word that bothers you.   you ducked my question whether it's part of your vocabulary or not.

bottom line is if someone says the word and has a problem with me saying it im going to laugh in their face and tell them to do something and the majority of the time the people who try to act tough are all talk from my past expierences.

it's funny to me how the idea that there is something white people can't do or say in this world drives them crazy.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]so use of a racial slur is now justified because a handful a black people use it?  okaaaay[/font]

the n word ending with an a is not a racial slur. it's common slang among people of all races in places like nyc, the bay area, los angeles etc.

if you use the other n word that's been considered racially degrading then that's a problem and if you use it you should be checked for that.

the same way some women refer to themselves as bad b words but proceed to get mad when men use that same term it's completely foolish to think one group of people have a pass to say a word yet get feelings get hurt when another group of people use the same word.

if you don't want people using the word then don't use it yourself plain and simple.

Hermosa Beach wrote:
HAM CITY wrote:
ATGD7154xBBxMZ wrote:

you seem hurt that i say a word that bothers you.   you ducked my question whether it's part of your vocabulary or not.

Kid who are you? I'm not hurt by anything you do trust. 
laugh.gif

I didn't duck your question, I didn't see it. I'll gladly answer though. Yes the word is a part of my vocabulary. When I was in high school I made a sincere effort to stop using it, failed. 

bottom line is if someone says the word and has a problem with me saying it im going to laugh in their face and tell them to do something and the majority of the time the people who try to act tough are all talk from my past expierences.

Indeed.

Originally Posted by Hermosa Beach

the n word ending with an a is not a racial slur. it's common slang among people of all races in places like nyc, the bay area, los angeles etc.

if you use the other n word that's been considered racially degrading then that's a problem and if you use it you should be checked for that.

the same way some women refer to themselves as bad b words but proceed to get mad when men use that same term it's completely foolish to think one group of people have a pass to say a word yet get feelings get hurt when another group of people use the same word.

if you don't want people using the word then don't use it yourself plain and simple.
the fact that you can contextualize the difference between the "a" and the "er"
would lead me to believe that you could contextualize the difference between it coming from a white person

or the "b-word" being directed to a woman, by a man

guess not

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

Please respond.

straight up... if you know it rubs black people the wrong way, then why use it?
i can GUARANTEE this... any of you non-black folks can say it around some folks you been knowing for years, and i STRESS YEARS.

get around some black folks you dont know and start kicking that "if you can say it, why cant i?" nonsense...

you gonna get checked to the fullest. i can promise you that.

Interesting viewpoints. Even though a lot of us have differing perspectives on the situation, regardless of race, they all seem to point to one thing - times, and race relations, are changing.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Who cares? She's friends with JAY-Z....you know, the dude that has songs titled "n_what, n_who" , "What's my Name?", and "N_'s in Paris". If ol' boy Jigga don't give a damn then what is the problem?

/thread, lock this up. she doesn't use it in convos she just was saying the name of the song and or singing it. watever. leave her alone. jayz and kanye would be the first people to say something. oh did jay z/ye make a song for only black people to buy/listen to? no? then give it a rest already...let tony starks broad cook
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom