Black Folk, Where are we at when it comes to allowing others to use N word with the A

Let them people cook. Idk why Blacks wanna get in a toughie over a word they continue to disrespect themselves with I'm sure their ancestors are looking on with pleasure.

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I only named them because they're both racially motivated groups on opposite sides- Im not involved with either of them, so I cant speak much on what either of them currently do (but we both know the history of the KKK, so my bad for the comparison) But i think you get the rest of what i was saying. It just seemed like a one-sided argument from a few people- that said though, Im against the use of the word,but people are free to do what they want, and can deal with the consequences of their actions

Okay, let's talk about this point for a minute if we can. Why and or how do you feel the Black Panther Party is racially motivated, or better yet what do you think their agenda is??  
To better their own race, which actually is what the KKK thought they were doing too. Difference is the KKK originally thought that was to be done by killing and degrading black people. Like i said, it wasnt a fair comparison- I guess Im just as guilty as you and Ricky for being one-sided with my argument. However, my bigger point was to try and diminish the racism and point out that both sides are equally as guilty of racially motivated hatred, and to quit picking one side apart and throwing stones at the other (i just used a bad example)

As far as the first point in bold, you definitely got that right champ.  As far as the second point in bold, it's just YOU (Nowitzness41) that's guilty of being one-sided with your argument, you and you only.  Please provide me an example of a black group on a wide-scale basis like the KKK that is racially motivated for hatred here in the US.

bleach has just provided the answer that you should have known, or if you didn't before at least you do now....................

"both racially motivated but in completely different ways.  one focused on uplifting, the other focused on oppressing."

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

ilikeTurtles, the word is OK to use if you know the people using it...but if a random dude came up to you and said it, it's disrespect?

How does that make any sense?
It doesn't, these jokers who change who they are depending on who they're around are the types of people i cant stand. Ol' fake, people pleasing, trying too hard dudes aint about nothing. See it all the time. That word is not in my vocabulary, but like i said- I will use it if i really want to hurt someone or make someone angry
ok Zimmerman

Originally Posted by bleach

and it does matter who you're killing, when you imply that more black people in jail for murder = black people are committing more hate crimes than white people

last thing im saying: so if they arent hate crimes (regardless of race), then why kill all the people. Are you saying black people dont have a high regard for human life and will kill for no reason? If thats true, then maybe some of these people are right to be scared and protect their lives and property- none of us were there to know what really happened anyways- its all hearsay- but if you visit that Zimmerman/Trayvon thread- everybody is an eyewitness and expert and are ready to call it a hate crime before all the facts are out. Stop making everything racial and call it what it is, theres just some crappy people out there: white, black, brown, and everything in between

Did you not hear the taped 911 call from Zimmerman??

ilikeTurtles, the word is OK to use if you know the people using it...but if a random dude came up to you and said it, it's disrespect?

Come on DoubleJ's, don't be naive here champ.  When a group of random young white boys doesn't in'tentially run over and kill a black dude like that incident that happened a few years ago down in Mississippi where the boys just got convicted this year then maybe, just maybe you can ask a question like that.  Until then please don't.  Black folks gotta stop giving white folks a pass for this kind of stuff, no matter how cool or close ya'll think you are to them.

http://news.yahoo.com/white-mississippi-teen-gets-life-sentence-black-mans-232536717.html

Im not exactly sure what you're trying to say here Deuce- but between this and what Ricky409 just said- yall act like old white dudes are the only ones commiting hate crimes. Theres a ton of instances where black dudes kill white men and women, but that doesn't count because theyre just getting us back for the whole slavery thing that we had nothing to do with, right? (maybe our greatgreat great great grandparents). Theres gonna be racism on both sides, but its more prevalent from black people because parents have passed the hate on (atleast where im from). Pick and choose what you want to back up your argument. Ricky, say what you want about the KKK, theres still Black Panthers and such on your side- and i say EFF both of em. You can give examples, but numbers dont lie- and i believe the FACTS are that a higher percentage of black people are in prison for murder than that of any other race. But youre gonna cite a few hate crimes to build your case, how about big picture though
I highly doubt you are even qualified to talk about the Black Panthers, the fact you still think there is some form of the Black Panthers going on is so laughable. Im sure you think the "New" Black Panthers that has been in the media is connected to Bobby Seale huh?
Please tell me who the Black Panthers killed. You realize Marlon Brandon was a huge supporter of them right? You realize the Panthers created schools, ambulance services and provided free breakfest and lunch for children. How is that comparable to a Terrorist Group?

and it does matter who you're killing, when you imply that more black people in jail for murder = black people are committing more hate crimes than white people
last thing im saying: so if they arent hate crimes (regardless of race), then why kill all the people. Are you saying black people dont have a high regard for human life and will kill for no reason? If thats true, then maybe some of these people are right to be scared and protect their lives and property- none of us were there to know what really happened anyways- its all hearsay- but if you visit that Zimmerman/Trayvon thread- everybody is an eyewitness and expert and are ready to call it a hate crime before all the facts are out. Stop making everything racial and call it what it is, theres just some crappy people out there: white, black, brown, and everything in between
you completely misinterpreted what im saying.  i was saying that most of those black people in jail for murder, murdered other black people!
(not saying that's good either...)
as for george zimmerman, well where do i even start

it's obvious the dude profiled him, there was no reason to approach him in the first place. just prejudice

and that's why it's such an issue for people, i know for a fact that if it was me walking down that street that night i'd be dead

(and i live in florida, so it hits close to home)

you'd probably can't understand the fear this whole situation put in people.  after this happened i heard my friends mom telling him to be careful going out at night, and this is a grown 30 year old dude!  but all black mothers out there look at this situation and think "that could have been my son"

Let me ask you something, can you recall or has a white person ever called you the word??

Not that I know of. I've been called racial slurs, but never that.

That's good, and I'm glad to hear that, truly I am.  I'll say this much in regards to you as a black person or any black person like you out there that has your mindset regarding this issue.  Not saying you don't DoubleJ's, but if any black person has the knowledge of our history, the struggle and achievements that we have as a race, and knows about the Civil Rights Movement and everyhing prior to that, then I THINK you would feel a little differently and not so open or at ease for a white person to say this word directly to your face or in your presence.  Reason being is because you know how and from whence that word originally came from, and the impact it had or still can have.

Maybe you should stop concerning yourself with non-blacks using the N word and start holding blacks accountable for using it. Did blacks struggle and achieve only to have, as one member put it, the right to "own the word"?

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

You realize the Panthers created schools, ambulance services and provided free breakfest and lunch for children. How is that comparable to a Terrorist Group?
So did Pablo Escobar, though. And the Crips

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

Not that I know of. I've been called racial slurs, but never that.

That's good, and I'm glad to hear that, truly I am.  I'll say this much in regards to you as a black person or any black person like you out there that has your mindset regarding this issue.  Not saying you don't DoubleJ's, but if any black person has the knowledge of our history, the struggle and achievements that we have as a race, and knows about the Civil Rights Movement and everyhing prior to that, then I THINK you would feel a little differently and not so open or at ease for a white person to say this word directly to your face or in your presence.  Reason being is because you know how and from whence that word originally came from, and the impact it had or still can have.

Maybe you should stop concerning yourself with non-blacks using the N word and start holding blacks accountable for using it. Did blacks struggle and achieve only to have, as one member put it, the right to "own the word"?

Go back to page 1 of this thread, look at reply #17 which is from me, and then I want you to edit your post above and get your facts straight.  In that order champ.  Do not pass go. 

Actually deuce, i didnt hear it- ive tried to stay away from all this biased- media brainwashing (although a 911 tape would be solid evidence depending on what was said)

Please do yourself a favor before you speak or take a stand on a certain matter before you introduce yourself to the facts of the matter at hand, and educate yourself first and foremost.  This is the same mistake that you made regarding the Black Panther Party earlier in here, even though you did correct yourself with the help of me and others aftewards.  I would like to see this trend discontinue from you.  If you would like for me to look for the audio from the 911 conversation please let me know.  Remember champ, I want you to know something, even though your white (or what have you) and I'm black we are helpers one of another.  That's the kind of mentality we need in order for ALL OF US to get along together in peace.  

Of course, what would this thread be without this clown entering in and adding his asinine comments to the mix.  Right on schedule. 

Actually deuce, i didnt hear it- ive tried to stay away from all this biased- media brainwashing (although a 911 tape would be solid evidence depending on what was said)
I feel you bleach, and thats a terrible thing to go through- but i just think thats the reality of our world. It can happen anytime and anyplace

MichaelJohnson: youre the most one-sided person Ive seen around here in a long time, thats all you get from me. PM me when youre capable of looking at both sides of an issue

You have no business of talking about the Panthers you are not even educated on the matter  I could talk circles around you about the Panthers the fact you think they are compareable to the KKK shows how smart you are and what you know about history.
You probably think they hate White people....

^Can't speak on Escobar an dee 51o   ,but pretty much every gang (besides the recent ones) were created solely for uplifting communities until too many
criminal minded people got involved. The klan is one of the only organizations created (if not the only) to where "white power" directly meant
anti-everybody else.

So you get to make racist and unsubstantiated claims all day and I'm the clown? Ok, champ.

You said earlier that you can talk about white people because you've discussed the topic with whites? And yet you tell me I can't talk about black issues even though I've discussed some of these issues with black friends and other NTers.

You'RE still a hyprocite.

Go back to page 1 of this thread, look at reply #17 which is from me, and then I want you to edit your post above and get your facts straight.  In that order champ.  Do not pass go. 

Please do yourself a favor before you speak or take a stand on a certain matter before you introduce yourself to the facts of the matter at hand, and educate yourself first and foremost.  This is the same mistake that you made regarding the Black Panther Party earlier in here, even though you did correct yourself with the help of me and others aftewards.  I would like to see this trend discontinue from you.  If you would like for me to look for the audio from the 911 conversation please let me know.  Remember champ, I want you to know something, even though your white (or what have you) and I'm black we are helpers one of another.  That's the kind of mentality we need in order for ALL OF US to get along together in peace.  

Of course, what would this thread be without this clown entering in and adding his asinine comments to the mix.  Right on schedule. 

Deuce, I wasn't just speaking about you, I was referring to blacks that use the N-word and then get upset when they hear non-blacks use it.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

You realize the Panthers created schools, ambulance services and provided free breakfest and lunch for children. How is that comparable to a Terrorist Group?
Let me educated you...
http://www.pbs.org/hueypnewton/actions/actions_survival.html 
Educate me on what? I know the history. Why don't you respond to what I said? Pablo Escobar and the Crips also did a lot for their respective communities but would you or wouldn't you call them criminal organizations?

im guessing because it's hard to know the intentions of some random white dude, how do you know if he's not saying it with the intention to ridicule?
times haven't changed that much

Thank you. That's exactly what I meant. If you're a complete stranger and you randomly come up to and go "whatsup n****?" I don't know if you're mocking me cause of my race or not. Cause lets face it. If you're white and you go up to a black person whom you've never met before and use the n-word you probably are using it in a racist way since you don't have the decency to approach them properly.

Let me educated you...
Educate me on what? I know the history. Why don't you respond to what I said? Pablo Escobar and the Crips also did a lot for their respective communities but would you or wouldn't you call them criminal organizations?

First and foremost you brought Pablo Escobar and the Crips into this conversation Nowitzki brought up the Klan and the Panthers being equal I argued against that. Pablo Escobar is no an organization. The Crips were not meant to become a crime syndicate.
Any who how can you call the Panthers a criminal organization? Which crimes did they commit? Creating top ranked schools? Giving free lunches? Do you even know how many NON BLACK people funded the panthers? 

By your qualifications the FBI must be a criminal orginization seeing how they did more killings on the Panthers than the Panthers did period..

Let me educated you...
really depends on what side of the fence you're on.  to a black dude in the 60s, im pretty sure the police seemed like a criminal organization 

Exactly how i feel, and at times i do speak out of place- but keep in mind its almost always with good intentions. Im glad you feel that way as well- I said the Zimmerman story because ive heard so many different accounts and views from people that it just dseemed like everybody was going of feelings and jumping to conclusions- but if it is that blatant, i will give it a listen

LMAO a dude who will downright post something as a truth is coming out saying he has no idea or no qualification to talk about said topic. you can excuse yourself from the thread

Deuce, I wasn't just speaking about you, I was referring to blacks that use the N-word and then get upset when they hear non-blacks use it.

Okay, if that's the case then why did you quote me??  Also, even if you weren't speaking about me or to me, even still please go read reply #17.

So you get to make racist and unsubstantiated claims all day and I'm the clown? Ok, champ

Where and or when did I makes racist claims??...........and yes, your still a clown. 

You said earlier that you can talk about white people because you've discussed the topic with whites?

I said I can talk about white people using this word and why they desire to use it because I have spoken to them about it, not that I can talk about white people just because I have held conversations with them in the past. 

And yet you tell me I can't talk about black issues even though I've discussed some of these issues with black friends and other NTers.

Try again champ.  I said you couldn't be as bold in some of your stances on certain issues that have been discussed here in the past pertaining to the black community because your not black.  You came or have come into a thread pertaining to a black issue which is perfectly fine, but you'll come in and give a bold statement instead of asking questions or asking a certain question.  You have been just as guilty as what Nowitzness41 did in here when he TRIED to discuss the Black Panthers but was completely incorrect on what he thought he knew.  He, just like you should have or should ask questions instead of guessing or assuming on something you don't know about.    

Wait, thats what you got from that? Quit acting like a child already: I clearly stated that the Black Panther comparison was used because they were both racially motivated (never said one way or another if one was negative or positive). 2nd, all the facts AREN'T out yet, we're merely talking about a 911 tape, which DOES NOT make the entire case or prove everything. And you cant deny that so many people have taken sides and jumped to conclusions based on their own agenda. Its clear that youre just trying to make me look bad and throw stones in my direction, because i called you out on your BS- keep it up dude

Wait a minute Deuce: "i was completely incorrect", not for what i used it for, and that wasnt the point of what i said (i never claimed they were hate mongers or were formed to kill whites). I acknowledged the remainder of what i left out though. BIG DIFFERENCE. Also, just because youve made up your mind and think said 911 tape proves everything- it doesnt change that all the facts arent out yet. We're talking a matter of wording, not necessarily speaking wrong on subjects my man. Im leaving it at this though, ive got work to do- peace

at this point you are just copping pleas. You have already exposed your self as a person who will talk out their $*+ without even researching a situation why should anyone take time to respond to you.

Wait, thats what you got from that? Quit acting like a child already: I clearly stated that the Black Panther comparison was used because they were both racially motivated (never said one way or another if one was negative or positive). 2nd, all the facts AREN'T out yet, we're merely talking about a 911 tape, which DOES NOT make the entire case or prove everything. And you cant deny that so many people have taken sides and jumped to conclusions based on their own agenda. Its clear that youre just trying to make me look bad and throw stones in my direction, because i called you out on your BS- keep it up dude
some people might be pushing an agenda
but it hasn't even been 100 years since emmett till was murdered

if people react a certain way to this case, it's not by chance.  there are a lot of people alive today that have seen cases like this over and over

you need to stop just looking at the response, and rather try to understand the reason for the response

Okay, if that's the case then why did you quote me??  Also, even if you weren't speaking about me or to me, even still please go read reply #17.

So you get to make racist and unsubstantiated claims all day and I'm the clown? Ok, champ

Where and or when did I makes racist claims??...........and yes, your still a clown. 

You said earlier that you can talk about white people because you've discussed the topic with whites?

I said I can talk about white people using this word and why they desire to use it because I have spoken to them about it, not that I can talk about white people just because I have held conversations with them in the past. 

And yet you tell me I can't talk about black issues even though I've discussed some of these issues with black friends and other NTers.

Try again champ.  I said you couldn't be as bold in some of your stances on certain issues that have been discussed here in the past pertaining to the black community because your not black.  You came or have come into a thread pertaining to a black issue which is perfectly fine, but you'll come in and give a bold statement instead of asking questions or asking a certain question.  You have been just as guilty as what Nowitzness41 did in here when he TRIED to discuss the Black Panthers but was completely incorrect on what he thought he knew.  He, just like you should have or should ask questions instead of guessing or assuming on something you don't know about.    

I quoted you because you said "any black person has the knowledge of our history, the struggle and achievements that we have as a race, and knows about the Civil Rights Movement and everyhing prior to that, then I THINK you would feel a little differently and not so open or at ease for a white person to say this word directly to your face or in your presence", but it seems to me that most non-blacks don't understand you "struggle" because some blacks don't know themselves and use the N-word with eachother. So how can you expect a young non-black kid to not use the word when they see it all day long being used by blacks in media, and locally I'm sure. Frankly, I could care less about your earlier comment. You don't represent all of black america and can't police every non-black that uses the word.

So you get to make racist and unsubstantiated claims all day and I'm the clown? Ok, champ.

You said earlier that you can talk about white people because you've discussed the topic with whites? And yet you tell me I can't talk about black issues even though I've discussed some of these issues with black friends and other NTers.

You'RE still a hyprocite.
its okay, deuce knows more about the civil rights movement than huey newton. 

Originally Posted by chozin87

Originally Posted by Hermosa Beach

because i say what i feel like saying and if someone has a problem with it then they better not say it around me at all either otherwise i'll call them out.
Let's meet in real life.
let's hang out this weekend.  i'm throwing a party on friday, your more then welcome to come thru,  just bring your own beer.

Back
Top Bottom