BLACK FRIDAY 2009!!! THE FALL OUT!!! STORIES & BOUNTIES!!!

Originally Posted by knightngale

most of the tv's stores are selling in the 300-600 range are 720p only and some of them are cheap brands

It is obvious that they are just trying to fool the customer

From that CNN article:
Some of the holiday electronics with those low sale prices are derivatives, models that have a few less features than a standard model in that product line, said Dworsky.
The difference can be subtle. "The image contrast ratio might be 20,000 in a derivative model versus 30,000 in a standard model," he said. "Most consumers probably won't even notice the difference."

A report earlier this month in Consumer Reports called attention to HDTV models from Samsung and Sony advertised in Black Friday deals that appear to be "derivatives." The report said these one-off TVs "with unfamiliar model numbers" are usually cheaper than the standard model in their class.

Dworsky cautions that retailers usually don't advertise these models as derivatives. "There's no way the average consumer will know that the TV model they are buying is not the standard one unless they are savvy enough to compare their model numbers," he said.

http://finance.yahoo.com/...black-friday-doorbusters

A lot of people are definitely getting fleeced.

I spent all of last night camping out at an "undisclosed" Best Buy in NJ. I tried going to Allentown but that BestBuy had a crazy amount of peoplealready camping in line since 2pm yesterday...

So, I got there at around 5:30 pm...and was 3rd in line. I never camp out for anything so I really came unprepared. Aside from a warm coat, I had no idea howfar people go.
laugh.gif

Some guy came right after me, 5 minutes later, and set up a canopy. Dude had portable heaters, a blow up plastic sofa, and a netbook.
laugh.gif
Met alot of coolpeople, and the line wasn't that long until around 9 pm....that's when the line got up to 50 people. I endured the cold, chilled with some people, andreally had a good time out there...

Story of the night came when some 16 year old kid decided to piss in the bushes.
laugh.gif
Dude got hassled by a cop nearby, and had to stand in front of the policesuv while the kid's "guardian", a 20 something year old dude, almost got arrested for mouthing off to the cop after he dropped his cigarette onthe ground.
roll.gif

Ended up copping the $200 HP laptop.
pimp.gif
Love it so far and had me ready for next year also...

I was mad tired but ended up copping Madden 10 too for my girlfriends nephew.
smile.gif
Not a bad night...felt sorry for the Toys R' Us campers who got 400 deepand had to be sent home.
roll.gif

Question......

WALMART: Samsung 32" LN328360 LCD 720P HDTV (Saturday) - $398.00

This joint wasn't on sale today?

If I go tomorrow would I have a hard time grabbin one?

Originally Posted by SHUGES

most of the tv's stores are selling in the 300-600 range are 720p only and some of them are cheap brands

From that CNN article:
Some of the holiday electronics with those low sale prices are derivatives, models that have a few less features than a standard model in that product line, said Dworsky.
The difference can be subtle. "The image contrast ratio might be 20,000 in a derivative model versus 30,000 in a standard model," he said. "Most consumers probably won't even notice the difference."

A report earlier this month in Consumer Reports called attention to HDTV models from Samsung and Sony advertised in Black Friday deals that appear to be "derivatives." The report said these one-off TVs "with unfamiliar model numbers" are usually cheaper than the standard model in their class.

Dworsky cautions that retailers usually don't advertise these models as derivatives. "There's no way the average consumer will know that the TV model they are buying is not the standard one unless they are savvy enough to compare their model numbers," he said.

I posted a slate article on "Black Friday is for Suckers" twice here. Some people still buying some of the crap out there. go figure.
http://www.slate.com/id/2235996/pagenum/all/#p2

The NEX was crazy packed!!! They had soooooo much stuff. Lines were nuts.

Got my little sister a sharp blu ray for $99(no tax ftw). Got myself a 6.0 beanie that came out to like $10.

Hit up Best Buy at around 12 and got everything I wanted. L4D2, and about 8 blu rays all for $100.

Now we gotta go to Bloomie's, LV, and Gucci. What a day!!!

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by SHUGES

From that CNN article:

I posted a slate article on "Black Friday is for Suckers" twice here. Some people still buying some of the crap out there. go figure.
http://www.slate.com/id/2235996/pagenum/all/#p2

Yeah, that article is also on point.

I mean, I'm seeing dudes snatch up 1.1 BR players thinking they got a steal.

Which they may have...

But with some investigating, most ppl will see that they aren't really getting as great a deal as they think.

But congrats to everyone who got what they wanted. Not trying to be a buzzkill.
laugh.gif

Only purchased an Armani shirt and sweatshirt and a Columbia UW jacket. The mall wasn't too packed when I went (around 8 am) but around 10-11, parkingcouldn't be found anymore.

My atm/check card got stuck at my banks atm and i didn't have cash for anything, so i had to write checks. Anyway got in line at target at 3 a.m. Meand my sister. Take turns to chill in the car because it was cold.(about a good amount of people was doing this also) So about 15 mins to open line getscrazy long. Tell my sis to come out and get on line. A cop comes out of nowhere and tells my sister to go to the back because she was cutting. Tried toexplain what we were doing, he gives me the smart a double snakes comment about how were inciting a riot and it was unfair to the other people, yada yada yada. She goes to the back. It didn't matter anyway we copped what we were looking for (32 lcd tv). Went to staples copped the $10 bluetooth ($20 with a $10rebate) and skull candy earbuds. Went to best but to try to cop a madden and goodfellas blu ray but my checks didn't match my id so i couldn't it wasa bust (waited in that long line for nothing). Other than that and the cop incident it I cant complain. Got what I wanted and i'm good.

spent an hour in line at my local wal mart when the store opened. line was wrapped around the entire building. then went to officemax to cop a 500 gb externalhd for $50, and bought a snowboard bag online.

tomorrow ill be returning the hd and going to target because of a 1tb hd offer for 60. shoulda done my research better
laugh.gif

Got a ps3 this morning, not the best deal but just glad I finally got one
grin.gif

I was at the outlets at midnight and was dissapointed in the sales
ohwell.gif
,Best Buy was only letting in so many people when they first opened the doors
mad.gif
. It was the first time I had ever seen them stop everyone from goin in but I guess after walmart almost all stores are doing that. I went to walmartat 9am and they had a ridiculous amount of security
smh.gif

My Sony Vaio order on bestbuy.com got cancelled today
ohwell.gif
, they oversold. I was up all night on the 26th waiting for them to put that computer up. Did this happen to anyone else?

Originally Posted by Shoes2Shades

ohwell.gif
, they over sold. I was up all night on the 26th waiting for them to put that computer up. Did this happen to anyone else?

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

For those that ordered a sony vaio from best buy, check your e-mail. I've been browsing other forums and many have been saying that they received a cancellation notice due to a shortage on bestbuy.com.

Went to Target after work to pick up the ext. hard drive on sale.... sold out... so I bought a better but also more expensive one.

Good day for me.

Well this thread def is down from last year
laugh.gif
expected more good stories.

For those of you who had your bestbuy.com orders cancelled, call Customer Service and try to raise hell about it. A guy on slickdeals got them to give him amore expensive Dell for the same price. I found the same laptop on OfficeMax, I'm going to call and see if I can talk somebody into pricematching though myhopes aren't up or anything. Other than that, these seem to be damn near the only 2 sub 500$ laptops left in stock onlne and I'm sure me posting ithere won't be great for that status.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220663

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=13228496

http://www.officemax.com/technology...Price+(Low-High)^refine~1^position~1^region~1

Originally Posted by Shoes2Shades

ohwell.gif
, they over sold. I was up all night on the 26th waiting for them to put that computer up. Did this happen to anyone else?
I received an email that my [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HP-Pavilion Desktop with AMD Athlon II X4 Quad-Core Processor[/font][/font] is on back order.
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The itemlisted below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it within the next 1-2 weeks. We will ship the item sooner if it becomesavailable.[/font][/font]

Other than that, didn't really cop anything. The outlets around here, Walmart, Kohl's, and the mall didn't really have anything I that would enticeme to buy.

Wal Mart was crazy.

We came out with a couple laptops, western digital 1 TB, couple 8 gig flash drives, earphones, nba 2k10 ($25), and rockband.

It was pretty organized in there.

For you dudes with external hard drives... Do you guys reformat the drive before you start using it?
nerd.gif

we had to call the cops a few times to our lines...but overall it was coo. morning shift ftw. i feel sorry for the suckers who have to close and clean tonight.telemundo was at our store since our gm is spanish i was trying to be on it...but i forgot my nt shirt at home....

lol sike about the nt shirt...but the gm had no parts of me tryna be on it...i tried to walk casually behind them when he was being in the interview andwave....
frown.gif

Man my BF was a flop. I was like 10th in line at Target but it was 35 degrees plus on top of that it was raining. I guess i had to much pride to stand out inthe cold rain for that 32" westinghouse. People came up there with family members and brought all the tvs. A single family left there with like 4 tvs.Atthat point i was pissed. After that i went to Sports Authority and won a $500 scratch off. My girlfriend was happy but i cant spend 500 bucks in a sportsauthority but i got some hypermax tb,new balance 993s for free.

Got a $34 wool peacoat from Old Navy
smokin.gif

Other than that, nothing much. Already ordered the $120 1.5TB HDD from bestbuy.com and I'm gonna get the 12.1' digital photo frame from newegg.com for$90 for my parents

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Wal Mart was crazy.

We came out with a couple laptops, western digital 1 TB, couple 8 gig flash drives, earphones, nba 2k10 ($25), and rockband.

It was pretty organized in there.

For you dudes with external hard drives... Do you guys reformat the drive before you start using it?
nerd.gif
Some already come formatted. If not then I just format it to NTFS. I think you leave it with FAT32 if you have an apple computer.

copped some stuff from old navy and copped the 42" emerson from Walmart, with the tv stand and the rca "home theater" jump off
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Black Friday was pretty good to me, no pushing--worse thing about old navy was the line you had to stand in once you got what you wanted. Walmart was EEEAASYBREEZY!!! Chilled in line for 2.5, got my ticket, paid and they loaded it for me around the back. Not a lot of people wanted the 42" so there was nosweating bullets or anything.

Back
Top Bottom