Black guy hair cuts

this really the greatest line up ever.

Used to be an all even street cat

Until I decided that I wanted to work on my fade techniques last year and haven't looked back since!

Now I do temp fades, and the back of the neck is a MUST! Now my durags don't leave lines in the back of the neck no more :lol:

Even when I focused on curls last year I would taper my dome like the kid pictured above

Haven't had an all even cut in over a decade, unless a fro counts as even all over. Even when I'm older its fades only

Curls are cool but mine dry out half way through the day and become :x thinking about chopping it off tonight and bringing the tidal waves back

Curls are cool but mine dry out half way through the day and become :x thinking about chopping it off tonight and bringing the tidal waves back

The good thing is waves don't go anywhere. Took me a couple of weeks to be back like they'd never left. First cut after the initial cut.

Curls are cool but mine dry out half way through the day and become
sick.gif
thinking about chopping it off tonight and bringing the tidal waves back
The good thing is waves don't go anywhere. Took me a couple of weeks to be back like they'd never left. First cut after the initial cut.
Preach. I've actually tried getting rid of my waves a couple times by washing my hair everyday, impossible. Had the same brush cut w/ back taper & waves since the 6th grade.

Probably just going to rock this for the rest of my life. Convert to the wave life @AdobeCS4, it's timeless.

The only thing stopping me from getting the cut and bringing the waves back is the weather, spring can't come soon enough :smh:

WORD! I think I've had ONE All Even my Entire Life.
sick.gif

Guess it works for some, but All Even's make me feel like a SQUARE.

Whether I've had long or short hair, it's been Fades All My Life, occassional Tapers.
laugh.gif
 I'm curious to know why you feel that an all even makes you feel like a square? I've saw a few people on here trash the all even joint...lol..What kinda fade do you guys get? I too use to get the all even joint with the taper in the back, but haven't in awhile due to be growing my hair out then cutting it all the damn time..i might start rocking the temp fade though...

I was lowkey interested in the coleworld but I'm not quite there yet and I'm looking grimy in the process :lol: not really tryna waste money getting edge-ups and tapers every week either to keep it clean looking

laugh.gif
 I'm curious to know why you feel that an all even makes you feel like a square? I've saw a few people on here trash the all even joint...lol..What kinda fade do you guys get? I too use to get the all even joint with the taper in the back, but haven't in awhile due to be growing my hair out then cutting it all the damn time..i might start rocking the temp fade though...
Like, I said, I guess it WORKS for SOME, but it just looks like a Lazy Cut with No Flare to it, IMO. Even someone with the weakest of Barber Skills can give themselves an Even-Steven. I rarely seen Even-Steven's growing up in the 80s/90s and I just got hooked on Fades & Tapers, bro.

Like, I said, I guess it WORKS for SOME, but it just looks like a Lazy Cut with No Flare to it, IMO. Even someone with the weakest of Barber Skills can give themselves an Even-Steven. I rarely seen Even-Steven's growing up in the 80s/90s and I just got hooked on Fades & Tapers, bro.
Maybe I just liked them, because they were more laid and that was my thing....I wasn't big on the whole FLARE thing as far as haircuts went I guess..Nowadays I try different styles though..I've had the taper and shadow fade thus far..Sometimes I wear it thick and other times I wear it low..Seriously thinking of growing it back out thick and rocking it faded or tapered with a big *** james harden beard...
laugh.gif
 How you usually wear your joint?

Bouta chop this fro myself...just wanna wake up && not have to do **** to my hair for a change. :lol:

Ready to get my waves back too. :pimp:

Maybe I just liked them, because they were more laid and that was my thing....I wasn't big on the whole FLARE thing as far as haircuts went I guess..Nowadays I try different styles though..I've had the taper and shadow fade thus far..Sometimes I wear it thick and other times I wear it low..Seriously thinking of growing it back out thick and rocking it faded or tapered with a big *** james harden beard...
laugh.gif
 How you usually wear your joint?
Yea, that's why I like Fades & Tapers, bc you can do so many things above them. I've been switching it up since New Years of 2013... rocked a Curly Hi/Low-Top Box for about a Year Plus, then cut it all off to a Skin Tight Low Fade back in September.

Now, I've grown it out again, and I'm looking to have something similar to a blend of these two Looks, within a month or so:

THE CUT: Only diff. w/ mine is that it's Skin Tapered on the Back Neck instead of Lined Up (Looks less like a Hawk)

THE COLOR: Haven't got it colored yet, but this is about the Right Shade of Brown and how I want the placement (instead of front to back like Beckham)

Come swim with a dude.. Obligatory

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom