Black guy hair cuts

Been back on my durag **** lately. Copped a new silky and a stocking cap for extra hold/tightness

Going hard through this summer so I can be back on my **** this fall/winter. Still mid fades and waves, don't think I'm switching it up anytime soon if ever.

Brethren of the thread, Idk what sense to make of this.

I described some of my hair loss troubles maybe a year ago in here and quickly got a discrete pm about using koboki to shore up the problem spot. I shrugged off the advice them and had resolved to just cut my hair accordingly to adapt to the new Mister Meaner.

Fast forward to this summer and I'm getting the itch to bring back the high top fade with sponge curls. I know I'm not setting the world ablaze with the style but variety is my endgame here. I'm very conscious about my rough patch (resulting from a combination of cysts and scarring alopecia) which is roughly the width of a quarter (diameter) and 2.5 inches long. It's visibly thin, but not muerte yet.

I avoid getting a cut the last month and a half and have some good growth going. Preparing for the cut, I remembered the suggestion I received long ago and decided it was worth a try. Ordered a "free" sample of the kaboki brand hair fibers and gave it a test run last week. Of course I overdid it and the pictures I took looked like a black hole had found its resting place on the back of my head. No worries, the barbecue I was gonna be showing out at wasn't for a few days so I was gonna be ready. Last Saturday, I got the perfect blend and application technique, with one caveat; I had no holding spray. I carried out the application anyway, making sure to remove any excess before putting on my all white outfit. At the barbecue, things a running smooth. Hair full and youthier than it's been in a while. Come 1:30 am, we feel a sudden gust of wind and no more than 20 minutes later the skies opened up and down came a storm we hadn't seen in months! My car was 4 blocks away. Not only that, I had to help the DJ break down his equipment cuz it's my mans. I couldn't leave him while attempting to cover my head like a bird. My super white RLBL blazer was super white no more. As soon as I got the speaker in the car I dashed to my own and never looked back.

Today is Tuesday. I'm a few days removed from the barbecue incident and feeling like a fresh coating would be nice to get the day going. I'm at work getting all the compliments on my haircut and not being self couscous about the situation back there. Enter monsoon to wrap up the work day. There's no spray in the world that would keep the fibers in place.

I think god is telling me not to kaboki my **** cuz every time I do, Jesus starts weeping.

Frfr, I need to pay attention to the forecast if I'm gonna use this :rofl: I keep rain wear at work so I didn't get drenched.

Pics? And why do *****s love all white parties so much? :lol:

Lmao i was at one this past weekend in crystal city..ended up smashing a chick from the party that night..shorty had the all seeing eye tatted on her *** cheek lol..her roomate walked in on me on top of shorty smashing..said all she saw was balls and *** lmao

Legit said this over the weekend. Went to my ol ladies family reunion and they had an all whit ball Saturday. Left the hotel Sunday and I see a gang of n****s in all white in the hotel lobby :lol:

Threw away the cheap plastic and ordered the pro guards for my seniors. Got the .5, 1 and 1.5. Money well spent :smokin

wahl-clipper-attachments-the-different-hair-guards-that-come-with-elite-pro-box-set-for-dogs.jpg

Threw away the cheap plastic and ordered the pro guards for my seniors. Got the .5, 1 and 1.5. Money well spent :smokin

IMO, the Wahl "cheap plastic" guards are ok with the exception of .5 and 1.5 that for some reason always tend to get chewed up and fall off easy. The premium guards are a major upgrade though! Dumbest thing is how Wahl only makes a caddy for 1-8 with no regard for the other 2 that make up the complete set. Sure, you can do decent fades without the .5 and 1.5 and that's how I grew up cutting, but those 2 really are a necessity for getting a smooth blend.

Brethren of the thread, Idk what sense to make of this.

I described some of my hair loss troubles maybe a year ago in here and quickly got a discrete pm about using koboki to shore up the problem spot. I shrugged off the advice them and had resolved to just cut my hair accordingly to adapt to the new Mister Meaner.

Fast forward to this summer and I'm getting the itch to bring back the high top fade with sponge curls. I know I'm not setting the world ablaze with the style but variety is my endgame here. I'm very conscious about my rough patch (resulting from a combination of cysts and scarring alopecia) which is roughly the width of a quarter (diameter) and 2.5 inches long. It's visibly thin, but not muerte yet.

I avoid getting a cut the last month and a half and have some good growth going. Preparing for the cut, I remembered the suggestion I received long ago and decided it was worth a try. Ordered a "free" sample of the kaboki brand hair fibers and gave it a test run last week. Of course I overdid it and the pictures I took looked like a black hole had found its resting place on the back of my head. No worries, the barbecue I was gonna be showing out at wasn't for a few days so I was gonna be ready. Last Saturday, I got the perfect blend and application technique, with one caveat; I had no holding spray. I carried out the application anyway, making sure to remove any excess before putting on my all white outfit. At the barbecue, things a running smooth. Hair full and youthier than it's been in a while. Come 1:30 am, we feel a sudden gust of wind and no more than 20 minutes later the skies opened up and down came a storm we hadn't seen in months! My car was 4 blocks away. Not only that, I had to help the DJ break down his equipment cuz it's my mans. I couldn't leave him while attempting to cover my head like a bird. My super white RLBL blazer was super white no more. As soon as I got the speaker in the car I dashed to my own and never looked back.

Today is Tuesday. I'm a few days removed from the barbecue incident and feeling like a fresh coating would be nice to get the day going. I'm at work getting all the compliments on my haircut and not being self couscous about the situation back there. Enter monsoon to wrap up the work day. There's no spray in the world that would keep the fibers in place.

I think god is telling me not to kaboki my **** cuz every time I do, Jesus starts weeping.

Frfr, I need to pay attention to the forecast if I'm gonna use this :rofl: I keep rain wear at work so I didn't get drenched.

Bruh all you need is a good hair growth shampoo and some biotin.

I had some random bald spot on my head a few years back and didn’t know why. Was walking around for weeks looking crazy until mom dukes told me to buy some biotin and she gave me some hair growth shampoo with Argan oil.

My **** came back in a couple weeks

Stupid question, but would a sponge work if I have that Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain type texture? I'm mixed as well, so my curls are soft

thumb_68340_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Been cutting my own **** for a little over a year now... Think I gotta retire from that. Somehow I was doing my neck taper, and my guard slipped off and zeeked my **** :smh: Had to Kobe it all over. I got a milk dud head so that **** looked weird. Growing my hair back in for another week or two, no shape up. Gonna go back to letting the pros handle this for now :smh:

Shout out to all these youtube barbers for dispensing all this knowledge. Just laced myself with the cleanest fade yet :smokin

Yup. Nick Wavy and 360 Jeezy got my taper game right.

Been cutting my own **** for a little over a year now... Think I gotta retire from that. Somehow I was doing my neck taper, and my guard slipped off and zeeked my **** :smh: Had to Kobe it all over. I got a milk dud head so that **** looked weird. Growing my hair back in for another week or two, no shape up. Gonna go back to letting the pros handle this for now :smh:

damn dawg, how that happen? Was that the right guard for those clippers?

I still advocate folks learning to cut their own hair.

Everyone messes up early on, but practice makes perfect. Plus there’s no greater motivator to get better at it than seeking your **** and learning where you went wrong.

Seeing the prices cats tombout paying barbers these days is enough, I’d think, to make someone at least want to try learning for themselves.

I remember zeekin my **** on more than one occasion when I was broke and cutting my own hair in college.

Ever since I started making money, I went back to the pros.

Can't go back to that self cut life lol

I would never cut my own hair. I just got my haircut with decent barber and the ladies love it.

I'm looking in the mirror on my GQ tip.

17010C69-1E5A-43CF-990C-9AFCFCED369A.gif

I got something exactly like this.

842B6E4F-9542-41FC-9318-3149AECF3BDB.png

Back
Top Bottom