Black Male Actors & Wearing Dresses

Would you wear a dress to catapult your career?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
You keep talking about his movies. I don't really get what you're talking about here.

Like if there are white ppl oblivious to the fact he makes movies why even bring them up? Or the white ppl that have no issue with white men in drag?

Really don't got anything with what I'm talking about.

I'm not the one bringing them up. People here are saying there is a conspiracy by the powers that be to emasculinate black men by making them dress up. I'm saying that's bs.

The point is that he is indeed typecast. You are speaking as if only one gets through the glass ceiling, that suddenly racism and the imagery of such, no longer exists.

Again, there is a reason that Black women would not take a role of a mammy either. There will be stigma attached to a Black men wearing a dress in film, especially when his reputation as an actor and then his identity is concerned. Will Smith did one gay scene years ago, and people still use that scene to suggest that he may be on the low.

Typercast means playing that same role over and over again. What other movie has Wesley dressed up in? Lol I didn't even know Will Smith did a gay scene. Homophobes tend to focus on that one role ignoring someone's entire body of work. That's sounds like their problem.

I'm not the one bringing them up. People here are saying there is a conspiracy by the powers that be to emasculinate black men by making them dress up. I'm saying that's bs.
I ain't talking about that in my post about Tyler Perry.

Typercast means playing that same role over and over again. What other movie has Wesley dressed up in? Lol I didn't even know Will Smith did a gay scene. Homophobes tend to focus on that one role ignoring someone's entire body of work. That's sounds like their problem.
Wesley played the role of a drag queen in order to prove that he could act outside of the action genre, as he actually begged for the role. The roles in which he showed his range, Mo' Better Blues, and a small role in Waiting to Exhale were Black movies, so he didn't need to jump through hoops in order to land a role, outside of kicking someone or pointing a gun.

It seems that you still do not get what I am saying, so I will digress.

lol im not going to let my insecurities about masculinity keep money out of my pockets. For the right price I'd wear a thong in a movie as long as its balanced with other roles.
1587086789458.gif

I'll holla at y'all tomorrow.

Wesley played the role of a drag queen in order to prove that he could act outside of the action genre, as he actually begged for the role. The roles in which he showed his range, Mo' Better Blues, and a small role in Waiting to Exhale were Black movies, so he didn't need to jump through hoops in order to land a role, outside of kicking someone or pointing a gun.

It seems that you still do not get what I am saying, so I will digress.

There is nothing wrong with trying to prove that you have range outside of your typecast. And is it out of the realm of possibilities that Wesley genuinely wanted to play that role without ulterior motives? It was a dope movie. Either way it didn't work because he went right back to doing action movies which contradicts a lot of nonsense im reading on here.

The notion of Will Smith a multimillionaire doing a gay scene and regretting it because of homophobic peasant rumors makes me:rofl:. He doesn't strike me as the type to care if there are rumors that he is gay.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with trying to prove that you have range outside of your typecast. And is it out of the realm of possibilities that Wesley genuinely wanted to play that role without ulterior motives? It was a dope movie. Either way it didn't work because he went right back to doing action movies which contradicts a lot of nonsense im reading on here.

The notion of Will Smith a multimillionaire doing a gay scene and regretting it because of homophobic peasant rumors makes me:rofl:. He doesn't strike me as the type to care if there are rumors that he is gay.
So the way that you are presenting your point, is that if you are Black multi millionaire? Racism does not, and should not matter, nor exist, correct?

Since Wesley wanted to be respected as an actor, he made a BUSINESS move in order to prove that he could indeed act, which would have, should have expanded his resume. Why is making such a move an ulterior motive? It was a clear strategic move, of which is not nonsense.

It is only intelligent.

Last edited:
i dont know why so many GROWN men are concerned with what other GROWN men do in their private lives and in the bedroom.
the guys trying so hard to prove theyre hetero are always coming up with some of the most outlandish gay fantasies that put the zestiest of men to shame.

i can already see the illuminati comment section of youtube has already infiltrated niketalk.

So the way that you are presenting your point, is that if you are Black multi millionaire? Racism does not, and should not matter, nor exist, correct?

Since Wesley wanted to be respected as an actor, he made a BUSINESS move in order to prove that he could indeed act, which would have, should have expanded his resume. Why is making such a move an ulterior motive? It was a clear strategic move, of which is not nonsense.

It is only intelligent.

I never said wil Smith doesn't face racism.. I'm addressing the notion that black men choose gay or cross dressing roles because they are coerced. I said judging from what I know about will Smith and the fact that I didn't even know he did a gay scene, whoever brought up gay rumors steming from his one gay scene is reaching. Will Smith doesn't strike me as the type to care.

That's all speculation. It is also just as likely that he read the script and he liked the role. People in here are working under an automatic assumption that all black men are insecure homophobes.

i dont know why so many GROWN men are concerned with what other GROWN men do in their private lives and in the bedroom.
the guys trying so hard to prove theyre hetero are always coming up with some of the most outlandish gay fantasies that put the zestiest of men to shame.

i can already see the illuminati comment section of youtube has already infiltrated niketalk.

Actual factuals. The ones who care this much always end up being caught doing some DL activities.

What's the deal w/ the dress thing? I typically don't find it funny. Sheneneh & Vito (WWE) was kinda funny, but it usually isn't, imo. It was trend amongst Youtube comedians back in like 2012 or something, and it sucked.

Anyway, Hoteps be crazy against it, but they never really explain why. So Why?

Back
Top Bottom