Black upper class

I just finished reading this article in the New York Times and it got me thinking....this article is old but it still holds weight in modern age.
http://www.nytimes.com/19...a-black-upper-class.html

I would also recommend this book:
eb29lx.jpg

it gives a glimpse in the black america the media rarely addresses.

Excerpts for those not wanting to read include: "Over the years, many blacks who were not included came to regard the groups as snobbish, and worse --upholding unwritten rules that members have light skin and ''good hair,'' like that of Caucasians. A few old-guard blacks, who were grantedanonymity in Mr. Graham's book, disparaged ''new money'' blacks."

''It's not just the money,'' he said. ''It's where did this person's grandfather go to medical school? How far does thefamily go back in a certain city? Did you go to the right school, the right boarding school? How far back were your family members professionals? Have theybeen summering in Oak Bluffs and Sag Harbor. Who are you married to?''

"Mr. Graham, who is best known for rooting out racism in an all-white country club in Greenwich, Conn. -- he posed as a busboy and his experience landedhim on the cover of New York magazine -- draws a parallel to another group that would seem far removed from the black elite. ''I hate to use it, butthey are like black WASP's,'' Mr. Graham said by phone from his large home in Chappaqua, N.Y. It has a swimming pool, tennis courts and a guesthouse."

Discuss. Interesting stuff man.

Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko 979

I just finished reading this article in the New York Times and it got me thinking....this article is old but it still holds weight in modern age.

Excerpts for those not wanting to read include: "Over the years, many blacks who were not included came to regard the groups as snobbish, and worse -- upholding unwritten rules that members have light skin and ''good hair,'' like that of Caucasians. A few old-guard blacks, who were granted anonymity in Mr. Graham's book, disparaged ''new money'' blacks."

Hillary1.jpg

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Excerpts for those not wanting to read include: "Over the years, many blacks who were not included came to regard the groups as snobbish, and worse -- upholding unwritten rules that members have light skin and ''good hair,'' like that of Caucasians. A few old-guard blacks, who were granted anonymity in Mr. Graham's book, disparaged ''new money'' blacks."

Hillary1.jpg

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

thats a damn lie, uppity black folk are the worse..............they more racist than anybody
so true man, so true. when I was at the private school I went it was only a handful of black people there. most were couple but there was a couplethere who were so beside themselves.
I hope someone has put them in line by now

Originally Posted by GULLYDAGREAT

Money can't buy class.

thats a damn lie, uppity black folk are the worse..............they more racist than anybody

1241615357guccijewels.jpg
lurkin, my family isn't racist
nerd.gif
...at least that i knowof.. and how could they be racist when they're black?

jayzdiddyjeezy2771835.jpg
tired.gif

Those clowns would be laughed at in these circles.
because they black rappers they have no class?

pretty much proves NT right, racism right there, it seems
nerd.gif
grin.gif

nerd.gif
...at least that i know of.. and how could they be racist when they're black?
is that a joke? let me tell you something...............im from CT.

my dad is a Yale alumni an my moms is a Graduate from Uconn School of Dentistry

so growin up ive been around............"uppity black" folks...........so called family friends. theses people are the worse

an im talkin from personal experience..................over the years these people are not around, but ya know startin a new family youre gonna connect withother professionals around ya age startin a fam, so ya kids get to know each other etc.

im just glad my parents keep it real at the end of the day.

Originally Posted by tmukg21

because they black rappers they have no class?

pretty much proves NT right, racism right there, it seems
nerd.gif
grin.gif

so you're saying Gucci has class?

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

laugh.gif
@ you thinking you're in the black upper class

yea OP prolly talkin about millionaires

im just talkin about upper middle class blacks from personal experience.

GULLYDAGREAT wrote:

Money can't buy class.

nerd.gif
...at least that i know of.. and how could they be racist when they're black?

laugh.gif
, yet
smh.gif
, such an ignorant comment right there.

Linton I apologize, rich and black upper class are very different things. I do pass the unwritten rules though

??

what is that light skin and good hair?

i got that too, hell some people on NT still think im white.

its all silly

i could branch off that and go into many other stories, smh...................my mom has a few also. silly world we live in though.

Black people are the most racist people in the world. We hate other races and ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom