istockphoto_16474352-young-black-man-with-hand-cupping-his-ear.jpg

"Listening"

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

My man went in and spoke the truth
pimp.gif
... I appreciate this thread OP
pimp.gif

i always thought Chris Broussard was a cool reporter.

but this made me respect him much much more.

THEN, he hooped in college, too?

Famb is livingwhat alot of my homeboys want to do.

much respect.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Tupac- Words of wisdom. Post that track from youtube, I forgot how to embed.

BTW I just picked up "Soul On Ice" today, gonna get started tonight.

OP, are you offended when someone calls you an African American?

I would create another thread to discuss the matter as a whole but this will work.

Idk, maybe it's because I'm white but it's time all Americans come together and start a movement, not just blacks.

rafters.jpg

I'm just going to wait here until this thread makes it's inevitable turn just like these threads always do.
30t6p3b.gif

"Blacks" got unresolved issues that need to be handled internally most of them stem from our past interactions with "whites".

Its up to us to clean and rebuild our house. Holding hands with white folks, pretending like we have the same issues or level of investment in the struggle is what got us in the hole we're in now. Our energy is constantly being usurped and manipulated, won't happen again.

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Learn your Moorish history.

What is learning Moorish history going to achieve, some type of self entitlement? What it takes is the successful blacks to be role models for other blacks.

In the couple of years I have spend at a university I have noticed the majority of blacks do not seem to be making any progress.

It funny seeing dudes I have known since freshman year still acting the same four years later.
Have you ever stepped foot on Duke campus? Entitlement central. 
laugh.gif

And what do you mean by progress? I have my assumptions, but I'm curious. 

"Blacks" got unresolved issues that need to be handled internally most of them stem from our past interactions with "whites".

Its up to us to clean and rebuild our house. Holding hands with white folks, pretending like we have the same issues or level of investment in the struggle is what got us in the hole we're in now. Our energy is constantly being usurped and manipulated, won't happen again.

What struggle? You mean class struggle? I'm fairly certain that's hitting everyone right now. It's depressing that people continue to divide themselves by race when the only true divisions in our society stem from class. It doesn't matter if you're black, white, yellow, green, blue or purple, if you're at the top you're at the top and if you're at the bottom you're at the bottom.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

What struggle? You mean class struggle? I'm fairly certain that's hitting everyone right now. It's depressing that people continue to divide themselves by race when the only true divisions in our society stem from class. It doesn't matter if you're black, white, yellow, green, blue or purple, if you're at the top you're at the top and if you're at the bottom you're at the bottom.
Things is all these white folks want everyone to be colorblind yay!!!! Not how the world works. Killer part is they have the nerve to say blacks don't get it 
eyes.gif
. We BEEN on the bottom, %%!+ aint new. 
It's about class until black folks start talking about 40 acres and reparations. 
ohwell.gif

Yea....you keep believing that
laugh.gif

This is what has "African-Americans" on a constant treadmill...not knowing the reality of social, national, political, historical and economic constructs, which govern the world today.

Y'all just wing it and go with your feelings or whatever is popularly accepted at the time.

The "Human Race" is divided into families, families which cleave into factions based on genetic lineage, shared culture, resources and objectives. Every group in the world knows this inherently but you "African-Americans" are still clinging to ankles of your oppressor for dear life.

No one is saying that there shouldn't be multi-cultural cooperation and exchange but until you steer your own car, others will take you wherever they feel like. We haven't even began to scratch the surface of the problems which truly affect our nation and global community.

Yea....you keep believing that
laugh.gif

This is what has "African-Americans" on a constant treadmill...not knowing the reality of social, national, political, historical and economic constructs, which govern the world today.

Y'all just wing it and go with your feelings or whatever is popularly accepted at the time.

The "Human Race" is divided into families, families which cleave into factions based on genetic lineage, shared culture, resources and objectives. Every group in the world knows this inherently but you "African-Americans" are still clinging to ankles of your oppressor for dear life.

No one is saying that there shouldn't be multi-cultural cooperation and exchange but until you steer your own car, others will take you wherever they feel like. We haven't even began to scratch the surface of the problems which truly affect our nation and global community.
I was lying down reading through this thread on my phone and had to sign on my comp to co-sign this.. preach 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom