BLACKS COME IN!!!!

Originally Posted by supahoopa

Originally Posted by 51and3rd
does anyone else see this from jalen's standpoint as an 18 who knows no better?
or does every side with broussard ?
Just us 2 I guess. They also never showed Grant Hill's comments from back then when he was talking down the Fab 5 and "ghetto" black people which is what lead to Rose feeling that way to begin with.

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

Originally Posted by supahoopa

does anyone else see this from jalen's standpoint as an 18 who knows no better?
or does every side with broussard ?
Just us 2 I guess. They also never showed Grant Hill's comments from back then when he was talking down the Fab 5 and "ghetto" black people which is what lead to Rose feeling that way to begin with.

u my friend are my hero.. i thought i was the only one out here.. i posted it somewhere else and got mad flak ..

Racism is still alive. I see it ALL the time. However, you as an African American man can't worry about changing another person's mind, fitting in or bucking the system. The system only respects power and power only listens to two things: force and money.

I'll address force first because it's the easiest. Any fantasies of revolution, in my opinion, are a waste of time. Not only is it counterproductive, it's suicide.

As for the money, no one is stopping YOU from coming up except you. Get money, put your folks on and make sure the youth does the same. Money won't buy happiness, but we live in a capitalist nation, THE capitalist nation. Money is how your concerns are heard. Folks need to shift their thinking into modern times. Marching, rallying and all that other *@$% is irrelevant today. We need to build up our dollars and our communities.

Rant:

I was in one of the wealthiest sections of San Diego yesterday. I'll be working over there, but I took my family over there before I start work next week and drove around, stopped at the beach and ate at one of their fine establishments. I got a few looks, but nothing I felt funny about. I looked at how they are living and asked myself why wouldn't anyone want to live like this? Not saying folks want to live in the hood, but damn, a lot of them sure as hell don't try to get out of it. It's not like every episode of Good Times where someone is trying to get a job only to be denied at every turn, now %%%!!%$%+%@*# don't even try to get that job or opportunity. Ok, enough of that...

I'm rambling now, but we can all do better and help pull our people up. Let's change the way we approach this. I'm all for pride, but I'm not going to waste my time worrying about other races hating or trying to hold me back. And let it be known, I'm unapologetically black wherever I go. No yessuh bossin over here.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

this video is appreciated
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
But you're not black, you're Nigerian. Duh.
lol you right, word to ninjahood
laugh.gif

I said only blacks because only blacks can solve this problem and to answer an earlier question I'm not against the term African American but I feel like we're still not part of this country. Have you ever heard of European American? I also don't agree with Native Americans. They didn't give themselves that name whites did. They identify themselves byɪ their tribe.

I said only blacks because only blacks can solve this problem and to answer an earlier question I'm not against the term African American but I feel like we're still not part of this country. Have you ever heard of European American? I also don't agree with Native Americans. They didn't give themselves that name whites did. They identify themselves byɪ their tribe.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

My man went in and spoke the truth
pimp.gif
... I appreciate this thread OP
pimp.gif

First time I actually agreed w/ u. That was a great vid. Points out a lot of things......Except UNC>Duke 
grin.gif

51and3rd, thank you for posting that video. that was powerful

the message in the video should have shut the stupidity up but nah, nitpicking "blacks come in" and trying to be funny

thats what NT has become
30t6p3b.gif

GUNNA GET IT wrote:

the message in the video should have shut the stupidity up but nah, nitpicking "blacks come in" and trying to be funny

thats what NT has become
30t6p3b.gif

yup NT aint nothing but LOLZ and GIFs now 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

51and3rd, thank you for posting that video. that was powerful

thats what NT has become
30t6p3b.gif
NO thats what the WORLD has become
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

"Blacks" got unresolved issues that need to be handled internally most of them stem from our past interactions with "whites".

Its up to us to clean and rebuild our house. Holding hands with white folks, pretending like we have the same issues or level of investment in the struggle is what got us in the hole we're in now. Our energy is constantly being usurped and manipulated, won't happen again.

What struggle? You mean class struggle? I'm fairly certain that's hitting everyone right now. It's depressing that people continue to divide themselves by race when the only true divisions in our society stem from class. It doesn't matter if you're black, white, yellow, green, blue or purple, if you're at the top you're at the top and if you're at the bottom you're at the bottom.
Yea....you keep believing that
laugh.gif

This is what has "African-Americans" on a constant treadmill...not knowing the reality of social, national, political, historical and economic constructs, which govern the world today.

Y'all just wing it and go with your feelings or whatever is popularly accepted at the time.

The "Human Race" is divided into families, families which cleave into factions based on genetic lineage, shared culture, resources and objectives. Every group in the world knows this inherently but you "African-Americans" are still clinging to ankles of your oppressor for dear life.

No one is saying that there shouldn't be multi-cultural cooperation and exchange but until you steer your own car, others will take you wherever they feel like. We haven't even began to scratch the surface of the problems which truly affect our nation and global community.

And this is where we disagree. We aren't split into "families" that are based on genetics. We are all one large family. You have a heart, two lungs, two eyes and all the other internal organs and body parts that I have. You bleed red just as I do. Yet we decide to point out the few, small differences that we see just so we can have something to fight about and say that we're different, when in reality we're all the same. We are all in the same car, and the sooner we all realize THAT, the sooner we can ALL come together and change our situation. 
P.S. I'm white. I haven't oppressed anyone in my lifetime, so I'd really appreciate it if you didn't refer to all white people as the oppressor. Unless you have to since everything you're talking about seems to be based on oversimplifying things.

OP, thanks for the 2 videos that you posted.  Chris Broussard  really nailed it!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.  I like some of the comments that have been posted in here, this thread should be a wake up call to alot of blacks if they aren't awoken already.

Back
Top Bottom