Blacks should get reparations for everything that occured between 1930-90s

What does any of that have to with reparations, or having the Government mandate the image of black people through media, which wasn't my idea it was in response to suggestions of another poster? Excuse the *@@* out of me if I think that's a bad idea.

How dare I think a better mentality to have is one of striving for success moving forward then believing you have lost before you start and already building in excuses? It's not like one has proven to work more of the time than the other and allowed many different groups and individuals to prosper.

If anyone is out of touch, it's all these "black people don't have *@@* we all in the ghetto" generalizations combined with this overly magnified view of white people like they are all offsprings of Mark Cuban, Dan Gilbert, Mark Zuckerburg, George W. Bush, Warren Buffet, Donald Trump, etc. and were just born into success/wealth like Richy Rich. Average white man in America makes 32k. So for all those names I mentioned it's tons more grinding at their 9-5s, getting foreclosed. etc. like you and me. They're not really so far out and ahead. They're not really that damn great. If people quit making them out to be the Monstars or something with an inherent insurmountable advantage and rule over you, they'd see that.

To talk about mind control and he has programmed me like I was an iPhone or some %+++ requires a MASSIVE inferiority complex.

And fwiw, I don't think that highly of myself or my current position in life either which supports my point. Firstly, I am willing to accept it is my own fault, but furthermore at the least I knew I wasn't going to let myself fall into the "traps" of drugs, violence, or anything else that would make it that much harder for me to get to where I want to be.

who's "the white man"? is he one guy, or a bunch of different people? im just asking because there's alot of white men.

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

This thread should be locked. Blacks need to give up the victim role. It's old and tired.

BTW im BLACK.

I made a thread about Black People moving on and stop crying about being the victim while back and got BLASTED! I mean torn to pieces. It is what it is, I don't want any handouts or reparations. I'm sick of all the "It's hard being black and they owe us, we were slaves". Even tho what I said in this thread, that's just how I feel but I'm sick of blacks complaining, we have so many opportunities now day and won't take advantage of them. Always angry and complaining about the past. It's over, Move on!

BTW I'm BLACK
It isn't, though.

Originally Posted by slickp42189

Originally Posted by CJ863

Originally Posted by 23likemike23

I'm white, I'm not rich, my family's not rich. You are owed nothing, be thankful for where u are and what u have. If blacks weren't taken through the slave trade, you prob would still be in poverty, with a 1 in 4 chance of contracting AIDS in a third world country. With my national background, my ancestors could've bin killed off in Poland, bombed in Ireland, wiped out in Germany... Almost everyone's family had past problems. Work to get what you want. Nobody Owes You Anything!(but yourself)
Damn, this is one of the most ignorant and racists posts I've seen on NT, sadly it's usually the NT minorities that post nonsense like this in my experience but this one is up there---even ninjahood would blush reading this

Atleast he is honest with himself, he said what a lot of people on here are basically saying with code words.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

slickp42189 wrote:
Damn, this is one of the most ignorant and racists posts I've seen on NT, sadly it's usually the NT minorities that post nonsense like this in my experience but this one is up there---even ninjahood would blush reading this

"Usually the NT "minorities" that post nonsense like this..."? 
You just one-upped him on the ignorant scale.

eyes.gif

I'm white and I guarantee my ancestors had it as hard if not harder than any single person on this board, regardless of race. I bet if every NT'r traced their ancestry like I did, they would have a different outlook on life. My ancestors were imprisoned, enslaved, murdered, left for dead, robbed and even accused of witchcraft.

If you are under 30 and still complaining about opportunity or equality, then I feel sorry for you. I dont know a single person who doesn't have access to free education. When you have access to free education, their is no excuse that I deem valid as to why you didn't succeed.

Lulz if you think anyone owes you anything in life.things happen for a reason.if anybody is owed anything it's rosa parks and dr Martin Luther king who actually stood up for themselves and paved the way for you.

Originally Posted by CJ863

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
, if your referring to this thread as a whole coming of rascist(backwards) i will agree, but that said comment is not.  Work Hard simple as that. DONT EXPECT HAND OUTS. Every culture has its bumps in the roads but your past is suppose to help you grow but its nearly impossible when you live in the past.

If I were black I'd be offended by the op"s post truthfully. Dude really thinks black people had it bad,please .... I have never met an American Indian in the 29 years I have been on this earth.like Chris rock said when's the last time u seen a native American family eating at red lobster lulz.

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

I'm white and I guarantee my ancestors had it as hard if not harder than any single person on this board, regardless of race. I bet if every NT'r traced their ancestry like I did, they would have a different outlook on life. My ancestors were imprisoned, enslaved, murdered, left for dead, robbed and even accused of witchcraft.

If you are under 30 and still complaining about opportunity or equality, then I feel sorry for you. I dont know a single person who doesn't have access to free education. When you have access to free education, their is no excuse that I deem valid as to why you didn't succeed.

Ok, Oz. 

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

While it is free, it is the quality of education that matters. Hell me and a kid in somalia both have access to food. Doesnt mean the quality of the food is the same. Nor does it mean we will both have the same level of health. And while your ancestors may have had it hard (not sure if did or not, no way of actually proving it) Those hardships and prerequisites are imposed on you today. 
Its like yes jewish ppl where treated bad and discriminated against. Keyword being WHERE. Alot of people who are saying things of past events that are no longer prevalent in this current day and time. Maybe your ancestors where accused and mistreated because of ignorance and differences, but that practice is no longer apart of your life.

I think what alot of minorities are saying yea for the most part pretty much every race (exception being caucasions) has had discrimination, injustices, prejudice, and inequality imposed on them. Its just the difference is that it still continues on today. 

I can attest living through the jim crow era, the time of sundown towns, and while things arent the quite like they were. Things are more the same then different. 

True there isnt any more sundown towns, well there are but far and few between. No cops for the most part dont chase you down and hose you etc for being in a certain side of town and arrest you outright for no reason. Instead now cops will/can justify it behind the law qith allegations and fake trumped up charges. End of the day its the same then as now just going about it at a different angle. Still getting the same results.

True upper echeleon schools cant just outright say we are not accepting you solely because your (insert minority). Instead they may say you must have attended such and such school, or must have taken such and such coursework, fully knowing that such a school isnt in the area where you reside, or certain coursework, classes arent available in the area in which you reside. So end of the day same result, just a different way of accomplish said goal.

Its not about are things are as bad as they were then. I mean i lived through all the various eras. Its not a worst or better thing, its a same thing just another method of going about doing it.

I also noticed alot of blatantly ignorance throughout the thread, and tons of generalization. Which only adds validity to what many are saying. Some people have stereotyped and pigeon-holed alot of ppl just on this website. And these are ppl you dont know, never met. Are ppl really thinking this type of mindset, train of thought doesnt occur in real-time? Out in the outside world. 

To the guy who said negroids out to be thankful that whites rescued saved them from obscurity and a life of turmoil, and basically ungrateful. Do ppl really think there isnt a hiring manager out there in real life who has this mindframe and decides not to employee a black because of this?

No offense to ppl like scientific method, but he isnt the only person who thinks all these black ppl are lazy drink/smoke all day and dont want to accomplish anything in life. You dont think there is a supervisor who think this also, and sees a black or hispanic etc applicant and decides nah i dont think ill hire him, based on these preconcieved notions.

Alot of ppl say it but only very few can do it. And thats taking outside influences, prejudices, personal opinions and be completely unbias. Lets be honest here. For example if a man who is a devoted christian, and is deeply influenced and driven by the christ life. Lets suppose he is a hiring manager and a well qualified applicant comes in but he is a strong believer in atheism and thinks following god is stupid, and think ppl who do so is foolish. 

Despite him being perfect for the job, chances are he wont be hired due to the hiring managers personal beliefs and influences. That is what happens all to often in society. Yes it happens to all of us. But it is clearly more rampant, and occurs more often for minorities then anyone else. 

Not saying this is the case in every instance. But yea you have sorry lazy etc minorities. And yea some use it as an excuse and they havent gotten anywhere in life solely because of themselves. But for every flavor flav ignoramus who goes into life and dont succeed, there is a tavis smiley/cornell west who doesnt succeed simply because of the color of their skin, or preconceived notions, or prejudge views of them. 

Alot of people ive notice on here are taking the bad worst case scenarios of certain minorities and lump summing them as the majority of said minorities and of the majorities. Not all minorities try their best or strive for excellence, and not all majorities are prejudice, racist, or are unethical. But when you have such a disparingly difference in amount of people it still becomes relevant due to the overwhelmingly difference in population in ppl.

To simplify it. Lets say 30% of whites are prejudice and wont grant opportunities to minorities. Granted 30% isnt a high number. But if that 30% represent 75% of the people in power then the other 70% of decent equality minded whites is irrelevant because they arent the decision makers. 

Racism/prejudice/bigotry is and can only be imposed by a majority of prominence and power over a group of minorities who dont have prominence and power. Its like this there can be a company with 150 whites and 149 of them can be non prejudice etc. But if its one and he is the person responsible for the hiring and firing of employees. Then those other 149 really doesnt matter. 

Thats the message alot of the minorities are trying to relay. Its kinda reminds me (since alot of ppl on this thread love fresh prince of bel-air) The episode where will gets in trouble at school for marking up the desk. Pretty much all the preps/whites etc love the addition of will at the school. And embraced him with open arms. But when it was time for judgement and punishment time all that was irrelevant because of the ppl in power, the decision makers (the dean and the members of the board) Felt different. All the cornflakes etc other kids opinions and beliefs really didnt matter. Cause end of the day the ppl calling the shots felt different and viewed his actions as not cool. 

This type of practice happens in everyday life. What has happen in this thread is that ppl, have either ignored this fact, pretend it doesnt exist, or took it as a personal attack, or even assumed since they are apart said race then people most be generalizing and saying all are like this. 

Why is it when I talk to folks that ACTUALLY lived through the 40s-60s. They say the world for black America today is beyond anything they could have imagined?

My Uncle Rev. Shuttlesworth years ago would always tell me "yall got it so easy today" as a youngin I wasnt trying to hear that but i can understand the frustration now I look around like what the hell is stopping us? Literally?

Multiple OGs who got beat the hell up for yall lazy $*%++ say the same. They couldnt imagine the opportunities we have now but we rather focus on or create problems some of which dont even exist.

Less than a lifetime ago black folks couldn't get close to a voting booth without being murdered now You got a black man running the gotdamn free world

But you got kids 18 - 24 talking about things aint changed? Da #@%% you know?

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

You keep playing this "woe is me card". Talking about "You think I'm garbage when I don't have a racist bone in my body. I haven't benefited at all from slavery
frown.gif
" Even while you thrive in a system that was designed to keep you ON TOP (although you continually try to deny your white privilege). 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You mean I could be on top right now? +!* am I doing working 60 hours a week to feed my family and get an education if it's so easy to be ON TOP?
I got it all wrong! All I have to do is flash my "I'm a White male" membership card at some corporate office to get a high paying job, right?

I need some of that white privilege you keep talking about.

No offense to ppl like scientific method, but he isnt the only person who thinks all these black ppl are lazy drink/smoke all day and dont want to accomplish anything in life. You dont think there is a supervisor who think this also, and sees a black or hispanic etc applicant and decides nah i dont think ill hire him, based on these preconcieved notions.
Actually you think that way. You complain about not knowing about enough black doctors, dentists, teachers, electricians, etc. and I said I grew up in a suburban neighborhood full of tons of them, and you went on that whole "Well yall are house (*&*^s tapdancing for white people with your nose in his %$$, yall aren't everyday blacks" rant that was so ignorant and full of racial epithets Meth deleted the entire thing. You went on that weird rant about black women only started doing well in school and getting smart because D. Whiteman told them to. You dismissed education, money, and success all as white ideals. I never did such.

You and the other NT black Militants, in fact, seem to think black people aren't even smart enough to have free will and think for themselves. It's ironic you guys try to portray me as some sort of Uncle Ruckus when everything I say has revolved around the opposite, that we ARE capable of better, and not the whole. "every time we make a stupid decision, it was because D. Whiteman set us up, programmed it to happen," inferiority complex.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Actually you think that way. You complain about not knowing about enough black doctors, dentists, teachers, electricians, etc. and I said I grew up in a suburban neighborhood full of tons of them, and you went on that whole "Well yall are house (*&*^s tapdancing for white people with your nose in his %$$, yall aren't everyday blacks" rant that was so ignorant and full of racial epithets Meth deleted the entire thing. You went on that weird rant about black women only started doing well in school and getting smart because D. Whiteman told them to. You dismissed education, money, and success all as white ideals. I never did such.

You and the other NT black Militants, in fact, seem to think black people aren't even smart enough to have free will and think for themselves. It's ironic you guys try to portray me as some sort of Uncle Ruckus when everything I say has revolved around the opposite, that we ARE capable of better, and not the whole. "every time we make a stupid decision, it was because D. Whiteman set us up, programmed it to happen," inferiority complex.
We need more level mindedness in this thread.  Usually, I'm semi active in these threads and a few pages back I had mentioned I'd add additional historical perspective but as usual in these type of threads people on both sides just spew a bunch of hyperbole... so facts often go unread in here..
Just my thoughts..

Once again, you have the black militant folks who complain about slavery and the system but proceed to eat up the white man's man's mcdonalds, drink his liquor and swallow his corporate dominance .. If it's so bad then move away from "white privilege" and grow your own garden.. Obviously I'm being facetious but seriously people you can't complain about being treated unfairly and then actively participate in the "skewed system".. slavery still exists.. because you allow it to..

On the other hand the non apologetic white nt'ers that  are quick to bark back with "my grand daddy had it just as bad" and "I was never given anything"... First off if you're white and believe that in this country's history you're ancestors were ever raped, sold and murdered systematically in any way similar to that of african descendants were.. you need to read a little more.. Unless you are a descendant of a native american, you can't match that..   A problem with a majority of white america is that they ignore the injustices of the past in the name of patriotism to try and make it seem like the country is somewhat immune from historical atrocity.  To surpass the guilt of slavery and domestic genocide many white individuals tend to downplay the scope and seriousness of institutionalized racism as well..

Racism and discrimination are rooted in the foundation of this country, to move forward would probably require us to reexamine what the country stands for currently.. To say that modern day white individuals have not benefited from the past would be ridiculous.. All you have to do is examine land ownership and wealth prior to the Civil Rights movement, where it was made practically impossible for a black man to mirror that success.... Are handouts going to cure the wounds of yesterday, definitely not.. but changes of mindset are the key to true equality.. Too bad those are impossible to enforce so moving forward it is important to point to the past to gain perspective on what should never be repeated.. At the same time we cannot continue to mentally reside in that era because it only occupies our minds and stunts the mental growth needed to move forward...

Originally Posted by outforaction

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
, if your referring to this thread as a whole coming of rascist(backwards) i will agree, but that said comment is not.  Work Hard simple as that. DONT EXPECT HAND OUTS. Every culture has its bumps in the roads but your past is suppose to help you grow but its nearly impossible when you live in the past.

Saying without European intervention Africa would still be the way it is, is extremely ignorant---that's like me going to your house, robbing you blind, raping your wife and kidnapping your children and then saying your life would probably be the same if I left you alone

foolishness

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Why do you keeo saying we. Aren't you white?

Back
Top Bottom