Blake Griffin??? Will not be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
490
13
Joined Dec 12, 2007
Will not be the best player in this years NBA draft. It's fitting that when the Clippers have the #1 pick, it's in a draft that has no truedominating superstar. I'm not saying that he won't be a good player, just that he will not be the best player to come out of this draft in time. 98%of the time you should always draft a player that can handle the ball and create his own shot, the other 2% being a true ready to dominate center (Shaq and soon). Clippers should look a little harder to find this years star G or PF, I will admit that I don't follow college basketball as religiously as I did inthe past, but there will be that non-hyped guy or that super athlectic guy that has some bagage that will come in and have his way scoring. If I'm theClippers, I'm looking for that O.J. Mayo type, who my not have a complete game yet, but can put points on the board and put +@$## in the seats. Idon't see Blake Griffin being that guy. Is there no Mayo in this draft?
 

big j 33

Supporter
31,333
9,015
Joined May 31, 2006
None of the other Griffin/NBA Lottery/Draft threads were good to post in?
 
353
11
Joined Nov 11, 2004
Originally Posted by PRIME1984


I will admit that I don't follow college basketball as religiously as I did in
the past



Have you watched Blake play at all this year?

I don't think you would make this post if you've watched him at least 3 times
 
490
13
Joined Dec 12, 2007
So Griffin will be that guy at the end of the game who will take the ball coast to coast draw a double or triple team and hit that clutch shot? I don'tsee it. And for the other guy, get out.
 
353
11
Joined Nov 11, 2004
Originally Posted by PRIME1984

So Griffin will be that guy at the end of the game who will take the ball coast to coast draw a double or triple team and hit that clutch shot? I don't
see it. And for the other guy, get out.



Dwight cant do that. Shaq can't do that. So does that mean they shouldn't have been #1 picks?
 
269
10
Joined Jul 21, 2008
Originally Posted by PRIME1984

So Griffin will be that guy at the end of the game who will take the ball coast to coast draw a double or triple team and hit that clutch shot? I don't see it. And for the other guy, get out.
Yes. Cause that is what all great 6'10 PF's do

I remember the days when Chuck and Karl used to go length of the court and hit the last second 3 to win. Man those were the days
 
490
13
Joined Dec 12, 2007
Originally Posted by PoeticJays

Originally Posted by PRIME1984


I will admit that I don't follow college basketball as religiously as I did in
the past



Have you watched Blake play at all this year?

I don't think you would make this post if you've watched him at least 3 times
I still watch college basketball, I just don't play, live or breath it anymore.
 

truthgetsbusy

Banned
4,876
257
Joined Aug 22, 2007
Originally Posted by PDub9

Originally Posted by PRIME1984

So Griffin will be that guy at the end of the game who will take the ball coast to coast draw a double or triple team and hit that clutch shot? I don't see it. And for the other guy, get out.
Yes. Cause that is what all great 6'10 PF's do

I remember the days when Chuck and Karl used to go length of the court and hit the last second 3 to win. Man those were the days

This is one of the few times I can't detect the sarcasm.....Im actually confused
I think that
is throwing me off
 
3,909
59
Joined Feb 24, 2005
blakes game is filthy. From what he displayed this year alone, he really deserves the first round pick.
 
490
13
Joined Dec 12, 2007
Originally Posted by PoeticJays

Originally Posted by PRIME1984

So Griffin will be that guy at the end of the game who will take the ball coast to coast draw a double or triple team and hit that clutch shot? I don't
see it. And for the other guy, get out.



Dwight cant do that. Shaq can't do that. So does that mean they shouldn't have been #1 picks?
Your making my point.
 
6,132
13
Joined Apr 15, 2007
Originally Posted by PRIME1984


Will not be the best player in this years NBA draft. It's fitting that when the Clippers have the #1 pick, it's in a draft that has no true dominating superstar. I'm not saying that he won't be a good player, just that he will not be the best player to come out of this draft in time. 98% of the time you should always draft a player that can handle the ball and create his own shot, the other 2% being a true ready to dominate center (Shaq and so on).
Okay


Clippers should look a little harder to find this years star G or PF,
What?

I will admit that I don't follow college basketball as religiously as I did in the past,
Then what makes you so sure that Griffin isn'tgood

but there will be that non-hyped guy or that super athlectic guy that has some bagage that will come in and have his way scoring. If I'm the Clippers, I'm looking for that O.J. Mayo type, who my not have a complete game yet, but can put points on the board and put +@$## in the seats. I don't see Blake Griffin being that guy. Is there no Mayo in this draft?
Clippers already have a good young SG, and Baron Davis isn't going anywhere.

Regardless of need, you have to take the best player, Griffin is that.
 
490
13
Joined Dec 12, 2007
Originally Posted by PDub9

Originally Posted by PRIME1984

So Griffin will be that guy at the end of the game who will take the ball coast to coast draw a double or triple team and hit that clutch shot? I don't see it. And for the other guy, get out.
Yes. Cause that is what all great 6'10 PF's do

I remember the days when Chuck and Karl used to go length of the court and hit the last second 3 to win. Man those were the days
PF as in Point Forward!!! What is that PTF?
 

truthgetsbusy

Banned
4,876
257
Joined Aug 22, 2007
You shouldn't make post about stuff you don't know about. If you haven't watched enough NCAA ball then don't make yourself look foolish. I waswrong about Derrick Rose getting drafted #1 but I still new he was gonna be a problem. And this year is even more cut and dry....Blake and then everybody else
 
4,188
10
Joined Feb 22, 2007
see normally when you make a thread like this, you name players in the draft better than him
 
251
10
Joined Mar 4, 2003
Originally Posted by PRIME1984


Will not be the best player in this years NBA draft. It's fitting that when the Clippers have the #1 pick, it's in a draft that has no true dominating superstar. I'm not saying that he won't be a good player, just that he will not be the best player to come out of this draft in time. 98% of the time you should always draft a player that can handle the ball and create his own shot, the other 2% being a true ready to dominate center (Shaq and so on). Clippers should look a little harder to find this years star G or PF, I will admit that I don't follow college basketball as religiously as I did in the past, but there will be that non-hyped guy or that super athlectic guy that has some bagage that will come in and have his way scoring. If I'm the Clippers, I'm looking for that O.J. Mayo type, who my not have a complete game yet, but can put points on the board and put +@$## in the seats. I don't see Blake Griffin being that guy. Is there no Mayo in this draft?
Do you watch basketball?

Why would they need an O.J Mayo type player when they already have Eric Gordon???? Eric Gordon is just as good of a scorer/player than O.J Mayo is

The Clippers had major injuries throughout the year so their record doesn't reflect the talent on the team. Also they have one of the worst benches in theleague..They need a couple good reserves right now more than they need another starter

I really don't think Blake is a good fit on the Clippers right now. I know Z'Bo is a head case but they already got a 20-10 PF so Blake doesn'tseem worth drafting. 1st Picks need to play 30 minutes and start not come of the bench. Clipps can draft Blake trade Zach and get some good reserves or abetter starting SF than Thornton and have him come off the bench ..Seems like the best thing to do
 
490
13
Joined Dec 12, 2007
Originally Posted by JordanNB23

Originally Posted by PRIME1984


Will not be the best player in this years NBA draft. It's fitting that when the Clippers have the #1 pick, it's in a draft that has no true dominating superstar. I'm not saying that he won't be a good player, just that he will not be the best player to come out of this draft in time. 98% of the time you should always draft a player that can handle the ball and create his own shot, the other 2% being a true ready to dominate center (Shaq and so on). Clippers should look a little harder to find this years star G or PF, I will admit that I don't follow college basketball as religiously as I did in the past, but there will be that non-hyped guy or that super athlectic guy that has some bagage that will come in and have his way scoring. If I'm the Clippers, I'm looking for that O.J. Mayo type, who my not have a complete game yet, but can put points on the board and put +@$## in the seats. I don't see Blake Griffin being that guy. Is there no Mayo in this draft?
Do you watch basketball?

Why would they need an O.J Mayo type player when they already have Eric Gordon???? Eric Gordon is just as good of a scorer/player than O.J Mayo is

The Clippers had major injuries throughout the year so their record doesn't reflect the talent on the team. Also they have one of the worst benches in the league..They need a couple good reserves right now more than they need another starter

I really don't think Blake is a good fit on the Clippers right now. I know Z'Bo is a head case but they already got a 20-10 PF so Blake doesn't seem worth drafting. 1st Picks need to play 30 minutes and start not come of the bench. Clipps can draft Blake trade Zach and get some good reserves or a better starting SF than Thornton and have him come off the bench ..Seems like the best thing to do
Moved to Santa Monica in 1984, they've been saying this about the Clippers since then.
 

mjshoefanatic

Banned
9,355
361
Joined Jul 7, 2004
Originally Posted by PRIME1984

If I'm the Clippers, I'm looking for that O.J. Mayo type, who my not have a complete game yet, but can put points on the board and put +@$## in the seats. I don't see Blake Griffin being that guy. Is there no Mayo in this draft?
Eric Gordon is that guy and Griffin is our future PF which we desperately needed after EB bounced and Zbo(head case) replaced him.


Had to be a laker fan spreading this propaganda
 
9,588
753
Joined Feb 9, 2009
But he's Kenyon Martin like

The Nets took him in a weak draft when he was the best player so the Clippers should do the same
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now