BMW Frozen Paint

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

but you will have to clean it basically everyday, because with my M i have insects on the front of my hood after each highway drive.
I think it depends where you live. I rarely get bugs on the front of my car but bird crap and pollen are everywhere here. It's not for everyone but the guidelines clearly says just clean off anything that gets on the car and I already do that with my car so if it were me (always carry a few towels and detailer in the trunk), I don't think it'll be a big deal. But that's me though, other probably couldn't care less.
I don't know though, having a black car where dirt shows up an hour after a wash and swirl marks happens just by looking at it, I think having the frozen paint where you don't need to clay bar & polish every 6 months and no waxing every 2-3 weeks and just washing the car would be much, much easier. Plus when it gets dirty, matte color kind of hides it. It only looks terrible when it is completely filthy. I think my life would be easier with this paint job because my black car is just oo much work and this might be my last black car ever.

Thing is though they said that many detailing sprays can actually damage the paint and what kind of cloth would you use. I guess 100% cotton but i always use microfiber because cotton used to cause marring on my extremely soft clear coat.

//Heads to autopia to see if there is any discussion on this over there.

I wonder what the price is for the paint job

Spoiler [+]
$5k
Ill pass, for that i could add some nice performance parts

Yup, it's definitely for those with money to spare but then again those pics are of M5 and M3, most people wouldn't really need anymore performance upgrade other than maybe new HREs or BBS. 

^not true
The mod bug never stops
smile.gif

Individual BMW colors are now 5K for exterior and 5K for interior.

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

but you will have to clean it basically everyday, because with my M i have insects on the front of my hood after each highway drive.
I think it depends where you live. I rarely get bugs on the front of my car but bird crap and pollen are everywhere here. It's not for everyone but the guidelines clearly says just clean off anything that gets on the car and I already do that with my car so if it were me (always carry a few towels and detailer in the trunk), I don't think it'll be a big deal. But that's me though, other probably couldn't care less.
I don't know though, having a black car where dirt shows up an hour after a wash and swirl marks happens just by looking at it, I think having the frozen paint where you don't need to clay bar & polish every 6 months and no waxing every 2-3 weeks and just washing the car would be much, much easier. Plus when it gets dirty, matte color kind of hides it. It only looks terrible when it is completely filthy. I think my life would be easier with this paint job because my black car is just oo much work and this might be my last black car ever.
Thing is though they said that many detailing sprays can actually damage the paint and what kind of cloth would you use. I guess 100% cotton but i always use microfiber because cotton used to cause marring on my extremely soft clear coat.

Oh yeah, the detailer and towel on the trunk of my car is just an example. From what I read around, just use water and regular, clean cotton towels and you'd be good. If that is the case, then it'll be cheaper because I go through Meguiars Ultimate Detailer about a bottle every 2 months, I also use it after every wash.

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

Oh yeah, the detailer and towel on the trunk of my car is just an example. From what I read around, just use water and regular, clean cotton towels and you'd be good. If that is the case, then it'll be cheaper because I go through Meguiars Ultimate Detailer about a bottle every 2 months, I also use it after every wash.

As heavily as I have been conditioned to avoid marring at all possible and being OCD when it comes to washing and polishing I could not imagine just using a sponge and water to clean off bird crap or bugs. Goes againts everything ive learned
roll.gif

Originally Posted by rareair45

^not true
The mod bug never stops
smile.gif

Well I did say most people. People who mods are still a small percentage compared to how much they sell. 
I mean the M5 starts at $90k before any options, add a few options here and there and you'll hit $100k+ easy. 

I say less than 5% would mod the car at that point and those who can still mod would likely shrug off the extra $5k if they really want the frozen paint job.

I'd likely save a few thousands and get it vynil wrapped instead so that I can always get it back to stock if I want to sell or trade in.

^not true
The mod bug never stops
smile.gif

I know a individuals with m3 and m1 and they are still buying performance parts. Stock is only fun for so long haha

^not true
The mod bug never stops
smile.gif

I know a individuals with m3 and m1 and they are still buying performance parts. Stock is only fun for so long haha
Have multiple m3s and m5s....and the modding never stops...ever

Back
Top Bottom