Boardwalk Empire: Episode 11 - â€

Who exactly is Doyle?
I remember the name but not sure on exactly what character that is.

Who exactly is Doyle?

the guy who got bagged in one of the first episodes for bootlegging. everybody has been making fun of his name all series.

don't know how you can accuse a show like this for "dumbing it down"

Originally Posted by Diego

Who exactly is Doyle?

He's the dude with the creepy laugh. Changed his Polish surname to Doyle and is now in indebted to the Italian brothers (two Soprano alumni, BTW).

the person who hit the alderman in the face with a club was one of the italians who hanged the kid.  you see his face clearly.

the guy who got bagged in one of the first episodes for bootlegging. everybody has been making fun of his name all series.

don't know how you can accuse a show like this for "dumbing it down"

Who exactly is Doyle?

He's the dude with the creepy laugh. Changed his Polish surname to Doyle and is now in indebted to the Italian brothers (two Soprano alumni, BTW).

the person who hit the alderman in the face with a club was one of the italians who hanged the kid.  you see his face clearly.

hes the one who got jimmy do drink formaldehyde. nucky visted him jail not to bail him out but to tell him he is done. then omar took over

hes the one who got jimmy do drink formaldehyde. nucky visted him jail not to bail him out but to tell him he is done. then omar took over

is this show any good? Can I watch this anywhere online? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Who exactly is Doyle?

Correct.  And Doyle (ne Kucic) hired the Italians to take out Chalky (aka Omar) after Nucky gave him the bootlegging business that formerly belonged Doyle.  The Italians mistook the kid they hanged for Chalky because he was driving Chalky's car (I think -- not 100% sure). 

Aside from that, there's also been other follow-up related to the hanging.  Like when Eli let Chalky interrogate the Klan guy to see if they were responsible for the hanging.  Chalky found out it wasn't the Klan after cutting the guy's finger off. 

Who exactly is Doyle?

Correct.  And Doyle (ne Kucic) hired the Italians to take out Chalky (aka Omar) after Nucky gave him the bootlegging business that formerly belonged Doyle.  The Italians mistook the kid they hanged for Chalky because he was driving Chalky's car (I think -- not 100% sure). 

Aside from that, there's also been other follow-up related to the hanging.  Like when Eli let Chalky interrogate the Klan guy to see if they were responsible for the hanging.  Chalky found out it wasn't the Klan after cutting the guy's finger off. 

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

The real Al Capones son was indeed deaf 
pimp.gif

i love attention to detail

I agree, not sure if it's been pointed out or if anyone noticed but for example at the begining of the last episode there is a scene showing the boardwalk, if you notice by the pier there's an ad billboard for Budweiser... so my wife goes, "Why is there a Budwieser ad during prohibition?", I'm like great observation and good question. Well, did a little quick reading online, didn't check the facts but apparently a couple things... Budweiser was one of th company that could financially go through prohibition, advertising wasn't illegal, and more significantly they manage to stay in business by selling other product like yeast if I'm not mistaking and a also a "lighter" beer.I know, I know, this has nothing to do with the show plot but I appreciate details. As for the show, I'm enjoying it! However, I feel it's a little slow at time, could use a little more action/excitement, some scenes are drawn out tooooo long (like Jimmy sobbing over the orange ad), some plots didnt get a follow-up (ie the hanging), and finally, my last complain would be they dumb it down toooooooooo much. Oh, wouldn't be surprised if the meat had poison... don't think they kill Jimmy off yet though, he's become a watcher favorite and more interesting. My bad for any typo or if some what I posted don't make sense, typing from iPhone (I'll edit if needed later).

What are you talking about? The kid robbing the alderman in Sunday's episode is clearly related to the Italians that hanged the black kid. They're harassing Nucky and his people because Doyle owes them money. This was just the next step. Are you sure they're dumbing it down?

Yeah my bad, I wasn't clear on what I really meant (posting from work on a cell phone at the time)... 
Really, it's not that some plots don't get a follow-up but sometimes it takes every other episode for them to come back to it (if they do).  I'm aware the intro of the last episode, is the same crew that did the hanging.  But apparently based on other responses, not everyone thinks it's that "clearly", hell some don't even remember who Doyle is (and again that could be a result of them taking every other episode to come back to it). 

Anyways, when I said "the hanging", I was referring more to the other party involved, "Omar" character but couldn't remember his name on the show (Chalky), so I just said "the hanging".  I thought or felt he would make more of an appearance on the show, specially with the hanging.  Thought him and his crew would do more damage, play a more vital roll in finding the culprits.  In addition, they hand him over the KKK leader, he interrogates, says that's not him and that's it.  

It could be simply possible they don't come back to it because it's so many other stories going on or doesn't matter to the overall story lines.

As for my comment about "dumbing it down", it was really nothing... I just want the show to move on a little more.  You got Nucky character saying something along the lines of "im just a guy trying to be good", come on like really? You have to tell me this, like we can't see through out his action on the show.  Or you got, humm... everyone asking the FBI agent why he's so interested in Schroder (to even go as far to look up her immigration status) and in the end of the episode show us that he's obsessed with her like its some big character reveal.  You got Capone feeling jealous of Jimmy (using him as a punchline), they obviously not seeing eye to eye but yet, they felt the need to add the scene where they tell us, "oh didn't know we was buddies, thought we was accomplices".  I dunno, it's really nothing and doesn't take away from the show, i'm just saying... perhaps it's just part of being season 1 and establishing the characters. 

With all that said, great TV show, its enjoyable, and I'll continue to watch. 

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

The real Al Capones son was indeed deaf 
pimp.gif

i love attention to detail

I agree, not sure if it's been pointed out or if anyone noticed but for example at the begining of the last episode there is a scene showing the boardwalk, if you notice by the pier there's an ad billboard for Budweiser... so my wife goes, "Why is there a Budwieser ad during prohibition?", I'm like great observation and good question. Well, did a little quick reading online, didn't check the facts but apparently a couple things... Budweiser was one of th company that could financially go through prohibition, advertising wasn't illegal, and more significantly they manage to stay in business by selling other product like yeast if I'm not mistaking and a also a "lighter" beer.I know, I know, this has nothing to do with the show plot but I appreciate details. As for the show, I'm enjoying it! However, I feel it's a little slow at time, could use a little more action/excitement, some scenes are drawn out tooooo long (like Jimmy sobbing over the orange ad), some plots didnt get a follow-up (ie the hanging), and finally, my last complain would be they dumb it down toooooooooo much. Oh, wouldn't be surprised if the meat had poison... don't think they kill Jimmy off yet though, he's become a watcher favorite and more interesting. My bad for any typo or if some what I posted don't make sense, typing from iPhone (I'll edit if needed later).

What are you talking about? The kid robbing the alderman in Sunday's episode is clearly related to the Italians that hanged the black kid. They're harassing Nucky and his people because Doyle owes them money. This was just the next step. Are you sure they're dumbing it down?

Yeah my bad, I wasn't clear on what I really meant (posting from work on a cell phone at the time)... 
Really, it's not that some plots don't get a follow-up but sometimes it takes every other episode for them to come back to it (if they do).  I'm aware the intro of the last episode, is the same crew that did the hanging.  But apparently based on other responses, not everyone thinks it's that "clearly", hell some don't even remember who Doyle is (and again that could be a result of them taking every other episode to come back to it). 

Anyways, when I said "the hanging", I was referring more to the other party involved, "Omar" character but couldn't remember his name on the show (Chalky), so I just said "the hanging".  I thought or felt he would make more of an appearance on the show, specially with the hanging.  Thought him and his crew would do more damage, play a more vital roll in finding the culprits.  In addition, they hand him over the KKK leader, he interrogates, says that's not him and that's it.  

It could be simply possible they don't come back to it because it's so many other stories going on or doesn't matter to the overall story lines.

As for my comment about "dumbing it down", it was really nothing... I just want the show to move on a little more.  You got Nucky character saying something along the lines of "im just a guy trying to be good", come on like really? You have to tell me this, like we can't see through out his action on the show.  Or you got, humm... everyone asking the FBI agent why he's so interested in Schroder (to even go as far to look up her immigration status) and in the end of the episode show us that he's obsessed with her like its some big character reveal.  You got Capone feeling jealous of Jimmy (using him as a punchline), they obviously not seeing eye to eye but yet, they felt the need to add the scene where they tell us, "oh didn't know we was buddies, thought we was accomplices".  I dunno, it's really nothing and doesn't take away from the show, i'm just saying... perhaps it's just part of being season 1 and establishing the characters. 

With all that said, great TV show, its enjoyable, and I'll continue to watch. 

I'm lost how one could say there was no follow up to the hanging. Like did you want a confrontation with Nucky and/or Chalky with the Italians/Doyle next ep?

Just how it's been listed this page there's been plenty follow up, it's a bubbling sub plot on the verge of having huge ramifications to the the main story line since Nucky just accused Lucky of having a hand it.

So obviously the Italians might keep it up cuz they never get this warning, Lucky may find them and wipe them out/make them work for him to get Nucky and/or Rothstein's money back, etc.

It'll probably all tie in to this election, Nucky's guy he thought he'd have in the white house, Chicago, and a bunch of other stuff.

I'm lost how one could say there was no follow up to the hanging. Like did you want a confrontation with Nucky and/or Chalky with the Italians/Doyle next ep?

Just how it's been listed this page there's been plenty follow up, it's a bubbling sub plot on the verge of having huge ramifications to the the main story line since Nucky just accused Lucky of having a hand it.

So obviously the Italians might keep it up cuz they never get this warning, Lucky may find them and wipe them out/make them work for him to get Nucky and/or Rothstein's money back, etc.

It'll probably all tie in to this election, Nucky's guy he thought he'd have in the white house, Chicago, and a bunch of other stuff.

Appreciate all the responses on that Doyle character it still didnt click who he was exactly until someone mentioned the guy that was in jail that Nucky woouldnt get out and he made Jimmy drink that formaldehyde.

As for the dude up top upset about the pace of the show, its a 1 hr show with so much things going on that this show could easily run for a long time. Theres so many ways this show could go that I cant wait to see what happens 3 yrs from now. Just be patient, as long as it stays entertaining you really cant say the show is slow cause its really leading to some great character developments.

Appreciate all the responses on that Doyle character it still didnt click who he was exactly until someone mentioned the guy that was in jail that Nucky woouldnt get out and he made Jimmy drink that formaldehyde.

As for the dude up top upset about the pace of the show, its a 1 hr show with so much things going on that this show could easily run for a long time. Theres so many ways this show could go that I cant wait to see what happens 3 yrs from now. Just be patient, as long as it stays entertaining you really cant say the show is slow cause its really leading to some great character developments.

Episode 7- "Home"

Trailer

Synopsis:
Nucky purges some bad childhood memories; Jimmy forges a new alliance with a fellow veteran; Luciano (Vincent Piazza) and a friend cut a deal with the DʼAlessio brothers. Written by Tim Van Patten & Paul Simms; directed by Allen Coulter.

Episode 7- "Home"

Trailer

Synopsis:
Nucky purges some bad childhood memories; Jimmy forges a new alliance with a fellow veteran; Luciano (Vincent Piazza) and a friend cut a deal with the DʼAlessio brothers. Written by Tim Van Patten & Paul Simms; directed by Allen Coulter.

Back
Top Bottom