Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

The real Al Capones son was indeed deaf 
pimp.gif

i love attention to detail

I agree, not sure if it's been pointed out or if anyone noticed but for example at the begining of the last episode there is a scene showing the boardwalk, if you notice by the pier there's an ad billboard for Budweiser... so my wife goes, "Why is there a Budwieser ad during prohibition?", I'm like great observation and good question. Well, did a little quick reading online, didn't check the facts but apparently a couple things... Budweiser was one of th company that could financially go through prohibition, advertising wasn't illegal, and more significantly they manage to stay in business by selling other product like yeast if I'm not mistaking and a also a "lighter" beer.

I know, I know, this has nothing to do with the show plot but I appreciate details. As for the show, I'm enjoying it! However, I feel it's a little slow at time, could use a little more action/excitement, some scenes are drawn out tooooo long (like Jimmy sobbing over the orange ad), some plots didnt get a follow-up (ie the hanging), and finally, my last complain would be they dumb it down toooooooooo much.

Oh, wouldn't be surprised if the meat had poison... don't think they kill Jimmy off yet though, he's become a watcher favorite and more interesting. My bad for any typo or if some what I posted don't make sense, typing from iPhone (I'll edit if needed later).

What are you talking about? The kid robbing the alderman in Sunday's episode is clearly related to the Italians that hanged the black kid. They're harassing Nucky and his people because Doyle owes them money. This was just the next step. Are you sure they're dumbing it down?
Clearly? Not necessarily. 

the person who hit the alderman in the face with a club was one of the italians who hanged the kid.  you see his face clearly.

the last episode when dude was making fun of all the italian/catholic brothers names he said he had an easy job for them.. that was the easy job

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

The real Al Capones son was indeed deaf 
pimp.gif

i love attention to detail

I agree, not sure if it's been pointed out or if anyone noticed but for example at the begining of the last episode there is a scene showing the boardwalk, if you notice by the pier there's an ad billboard for Budweiser... so my wife goes, "Why is there a Budwieser ad during prohibition?", I'm like great observation and good question. Well, did a little quick reading online, didn't check the facts but apparently a couple things... Budweiser was one of th company that could financially go through prohibition, advertising wasn't illegal, and more significantly they manage to stay in business by selling other product like yeast if I'm not mistaking and a also a "lighter" beer.

I know, I know, this has nothing to do with the show plot but I appreciate details. As for the show, I'm enjoying it! However, I feel it's a little slow at time, could use a little more action/excitement, some scenes are drawn out tooooo long (like Jimmy sobbing over the orange ad), some plots didnt get a follow-up (ie the hanging), and finally, my last complain would be they dumb it down toooooooooo much.

Oh, wouldn't be surprised if the meat had poison... don't think they kill Jimmy off yet though, he's become a watcher favorite and more interesting. My bad for any typo or if some what I posted don't make sense, typing from iPhone (I'll edit if needed later).

What are you talking about? The kid robbing the alderman in Sunday's episode is clearly related to the Italians that hanged the black kid. They're harassing Nucky and his people because Doyle owes them money. This was just the next step. Are you sure they're dumbing it down?
Clearly? Not necessarily. 

the person who hit the alderman in the face with a club was one of the italians who hanged the kid.  you see his face clearly.

the last episode when dude was making fun of all the italian/catholic brothers names he said he had an easy job for them.. that was the easy job

Boardwalk seems slow because they take the time to properly build the storylines, instead of rushing them. If they went at a quicker pace, you'd be burnt out halfway through the season.

Boardwalk seems slow because they take the time to properly build the storylines, instead of rushing them. If they went at a quicker pace, you'd be burnt out halfway through the season.

Richard Harrow 
pimp.gif
. I can't imagine how (real) life was for a man in his situation post-war.

Richard Harrow 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

Richard Harrow 
pimp.gif

I was thinking the same thing after watching this ep. Dude was literally missing half his face, its sad but I couldn't imagine him living anything even remotely close to a normal life, finding love or let alone even a job seems impossible.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Richard Harrow 
pimp.gif

I was thinking the same thing after watching this ep. Dude was literally missing half his face, its sad but I couldn't imagine him living anything even remotely close to a normal life, finding love or let alone even a job seems impossible.

Now that I think about it, I'm a bit confused with Harrows character. Who did he kill? It wasn't the slasher of Pearl, correct?

Now that I think about it, I'm a bit confused with Harrows character. Who did he kill? It wasn't the slasher of Pearl, correct?

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

^^^ it WAS the dude that slashed Pearl.
That's what who I figured it was at first, and after telling a friend that who was confused, he said he didn't think it was because he thought he was apart of the crew that was killed in last weeks episode after the meeting.

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

^^^ it WAS the dude that slashed Pearl.
That's what who I figured it was at first, and after telling a friend that who was confused, he said he didn't think it was because he thought he was apart of the crew that was killed in last weeks episode after the meeting.

Back
Top Bottom