Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread - Series Finale - Eldorado

Breaking Bad and Walking Dead got people acting like Boardwalk Empire doesn't even exist. WTF, it's not TV, it's HBO.

What else does HBO have?

Game of Thrones
True Blood

Curb doesn't look like its coming back.
Entourage is done.
That new show about the single guy in LA is awful.

What else does HBO have?

Game of Thrones
True Blood

Curb doesn't look like its coming back.
Entourage is done.
That new show about the single guy in LA is awful.
It also looks like this is going to be the last season for eastbound and down

mean.gif

Hopefully...can't believe this show has low ratings :smh:

Not surprised, too many storylines at times (with some seemingly having no direction), people expect more from such an all-star cast of actors/producers, the main character--Nucky--not really evolving season after season, no truly big events that they ramp up the suspense for (i.e. the show's a string of "small" happenings that people tend to forget after a while), etc.

This season has been good so far though, and I can't wait for more.

I love the writing in BE more than anything, really. The music is also on point, and love that it's all about jazz now that we're introduced to Harlem. And don't even get me started on the details of the show. Meticulous and thoughtful throughout.

I honestly can't remember the last time I would rewatch scenes for the dialogue/acting. I probably watched the interrogation scene and poker scene from Ep4 at least 10 times :smokin

I think showtime has a deeper lineup of good shows but HBO just has the popular big 3 shows with Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, and True Blood even tho True blood is ending

Finally got caught up with the new season. Loving it so far.

Can't wait to see where the take Harrow (he's my favorite character). I'm also looking forward to the Meyer/Nucky storyline. I wonder how much of part Lucky will play since he hasn't gotten that much airtime this season.

Do you guys think something bad will soon happen to A.R.? The way he was acting at the poker game was so unlike him, he's usually pretty calm and collected. I hope he gets his **** straight, I like him.

I also hope the dead that whole Gillian storyline...I don't care for her much. Unless her future gets her more intertwined with Purnsley. If not, the let her OD and die.

Can't stand Dr. Narcisse...everytime that clown refers to black people as Libyans I cringe. He's such a pretentious douche. I want the ghost of Gyp Rosetti to rise up and burn that sucka down. Ugh.

Shame to see Frank go, I liked him as well. The real life Frank Capone wasn't so level headed. In fact, he was worse than Al was in terms of violence and brutality.

Glad Eddie offed him. K.A.R

Eli's son is cool. I don't really care for him that much...right now.

Don't know where this Nucky being boring talk is coming from. I love the new Nucky, he's more bawse than ever. In past seasons he was never able to style on Rothstein like he did in episode 4. He seems to have adopted the "speak softly but carry a big stick" philosophy.

Last edited:
Don't know where this Nucky being boring talk is coming from. I love the new Nucky, he's more bawse than ever. In past seasons he was never able to style on Rothstein like he did in episode 4. He seems to have adopted the "speak softly but carry a big stick" philosophy.

This.

The new Nucky is a no-nonsense guy that has his mind on one thing, and that's making tons of money.

He seems to have learned from the situation with Gyp.

Money and being distracted by whatever new woman he's interested in

He can't compare to the lead characters in the other top tier dramas and he's rarely the most interesting guy on his own show. Tons of people were more interested in Jimmy's story than Nucky early on. Then Gyp stole the show last season. Plus you have Capone, Meyer and Luciano, Chalky, Van Alden, etc. It's not a fault necessarily, I'm glad the show has so many interesting characters.. but Nucky doesn't have the same screen presence as other lead characters.

Money and being distracted by whatever new woman he's interested in

He can't compare to the lead characters in the other top tier dramas and he's rarely the most interesting guy on his own show. Tons of people were more interested in Jimmy's story than Nucky early on. Then Gyp stole the show last season. Plus you have Capone, Meyer and Luciano, Chalky, Van Alden, etc. It's not a fault necessarily, I'm glad the show has so many interesting characters.. but Nucky doesn't have the same screen presence as other lead characters.

Eh, it's sort of like comparing your girlfriend with new girls you meet. Sure, she's your girlfriend, but since you're spending so much time with her, the novelty wears off despite how interesting she actually is.

Sure, the other characters are interesting, but I don't think they take anything away from Nucky. You're just bored of Nucky because you're always watching his storyline, kind of like how you get bored of your girlfriend because she's always around.

Or that Nucky just isn't as compelling a character as other show's lead characters. It's certainly by design to an extent, the show has a large cast of interesting characters and that's a strength... but are we really tuning in each week to watch what Nucky does every episode? I'm not. He's obviously the most important part as he is the lead character and so much of his action drives the overall story, but as a single character, he's good but not great.

Meh boardwalk has been top notch series since season 1. It's a collective effort from all the characters and not just one. People are just spoiled because a series doesn't need one character to carry the show

Back
Top Bottom