Bobby Shmurda Shucking and Jiving for his Epic Record Deal

That's my ******* point...so why the **** would ANYONE want to promote it as entertainment?

Because we glorified it during the so called golden era of hip hop where our greatest rappers of all time came from
I'd say it's more like it was glorified throughout and at it's peak by the end of the 90s. Then again I'm not sure what you're calling the golden era of hip hop.

At the start all those topics was revealing some more hard truths about poor black America to mainstream America that they chose to ignore. So a lot of it was championed and of course it made lots of money. Then labels started gearing artists towards those topics to profit off them. Then slowly but surely emphasis on skill and lyricism was belittled and ppl transitioned back to party music and compromised to make ignorant party music.

He didnt have to pull those shenanigans if he was smart, why should i have to look silly in front of execs when i have the hottest record in the country? Just for a couple 100k so they can make money off my only hit when i can just do shows & make that same money in 3-4 months time

Maybe because he doesn't think it was silly, Maybe because he was on his block dead broke looking out for cops and still doing this samething, maybe because the entire summer when he and any other young celeb ingrained in hiphop culture were doing it it wasn't deemed silly.

But now... the ********s in suits are there and they wouldn't approve so he's acting an *** :smh:

Its hilarious we really defend this ****.

You people really see this as nothing but entertainment. Go study the science of music. The relationship between frequencies and the brain...sound waves and rhythm.

Stop taking everything for a face value and look beneath the surface for answers.

Why is black music...controlled by people OUTSIDE of the culture? Why the sudden flip from what hip hop was designed to do...to what it is now?

You people REALLY think that was organic? That it was ONLY about money without any malicious intent behind it?

Wake the **** up.

Cringed more at the people in the room that are pushing this product. It's a complete 180 and it's sick. 

I understand artist do this type of thing so that doesn't bother me. It's just the faces 

Last edited:
So doing this in the club is ok but doing it in front of some white execs is wrong?

Then some of yall are comparing this to slave auctions? Really?

Cringed more at the people in the room that are pushing this product. It's a complete 180 and it's sick. 

I understand artist do this type of thing so that doesn't bother me. It's just the faces 

This is what I'm saying.

**** Bobby Schmurda....why are we even talking about him? Let's call out the people who sell Bobby Schmurda.

They do this ONLY for money? Y'all really believe this ****?

This

folks on here are doing too much analyzing. 

yall be great though.

This is what I'm saying.

**** Bobby Schmurda....why are we even talking about him? Let's call out the people who sell Bobby Schmurda.

They do this ONLY for money? Y'all really believe this ****?
yep, kirk franklin was prolly doing the same thing for the execs that were pushing his gospel albums

Its hilarious we really defend this ****.

You people really see this as nothing but entertainment. Go study the science of music. The relationship between frequencies and the brain...sound waves and rhythm.

Stop taking everything for a face value and look beneath the surface for answers.

Why is black music...controlled by people OUTSIDE of the culture? Why the sudden flip from what hip hop was designed to do...to what it is now?

You people REALLY think that was organic? That it was ONLY about money without any malicious intent behind it?

Wake the **** up.

Okay so what do you want the artist to do? because you Know that these people in charge aren't going to somehow wake up one morning and say... man i'm ashamed of myself i want to show another side of black artist to the public.... that day will never come. EVER

So what's the only other option... start our own platforms.... to start your own platforms you need money and plenty of it.... however that money can't come from white investors who don't give a **** about said culture..... so that means other young blacks from the culture have to make money in order to put ourselves in position any time soon... Basically it surely is a ****** up system but if we want to change that system ever then guys have to pimp this broken system until their in position to do more.

So what would you prefer him to do, continue to Sell crack, Shoot rob & steal until he inevitably has to do a bid? Ya'll dudes acting like this kid was living a complete opposite & went against his morals just to get a check. So regardless if he got over 500K, if he's pushing an image, etc etc as it stands Bobby, his family, his friends have a 10X better window of getting out of poverty based off this deal, than they would if he was doing what he use to do. So as a young black man who's see's everyday the options a lot of kids like him in NYC have i REFUSE to knock him.

He made a decision to better the position of his loved ones, and whether ya'll want to admit it or not alot of ya'll are shucking & jiving just as much for far less success.

Log off, I'd rather die than sit in some damn office dancing around like a ****. You young dudes are a mess.
Again, this has nothing to do with young dudes. Every new act that might get signed to a label is told to perform on the spot for the record exec and A&Rs in their office.

It's understandable if you had absolutely no clue of this but if you're just choosing to be ignorant :smh:

Okay so what do you want the artist to do? because you Know that these people in charge aren't going to somehow wake up one morning and say... man i'm ashamed of myself i want to show another side of black artist to the public.... that day will never come. EVER

So what's the only other option... start our own platforms.... to start your own platforms you need money and plenty of it.... however that money can't come from white investors who don't give a **** about said culture..... so that means other young blacks from the culture have to make money in order to put ourselves in position any time soon... Basically it surely is a ****** up system but if we want to change that system ever then guys have to pimp this broken system until their in position to do more.

Why do you keep talking to me about the artists...when I've repeatedly stated that I'm calling out the corporations?

I'm at work and watched it on mute. %#^* looked sad honestly. I know he's not the first and won't be the last, but it just looked mad pathetic watching him doing all those dumb dances jumping on tables while everyone is sitting their looking confused. Like a circus. I imagine solja boi's meeting probably went the same way.

Last edited:

Wake the **** up.
Cuz in the beginning there was never a solely black owned hip hop record label. Simple as that.

Hip Hop music was in the streets and for the streets so you could argue it was never suppose to go mainstream and outside of the 5 boroughs to begin with.

Of course it wasn't organic. Nothing about the music industry in general is organic. It's why it's called an industry.

I'm more willing to believe that the pursuit of a dollar supersedes malicious intent 10 times out of 10 in million dollar businesses to the point they don't care about any malicious effects. I'm sure there were some malicious intent along the way among the many record labels but it's not the main driving force by those individuals. You'd have to go higher up for that for the actual manipulation of the message.

One main problem I see with this is ppl refuse to speak about where this started and how things went down in a way that exemplify the slippery slope argument. You opened the door for one thing and then another and another and it snowballed.

Again, this has nothing to do with young dudes. Every new act that might get signed to a label is told to perform on the spot for the record exec and A&Rs in their office.

It's understandable if you had absolutely no clue of this but if you're just choosing to be ignorant :smh:

So roc nation told mustard & jahlil to create beats on the spot too :smh:

Cmon son

So roc nation told mustard & jahlil to create beats on the spot too :smh:

Cmon son
New acts as in solo artists and groups.

Stop being purposely ignorant.

Producers are a completely different matter. Like you can't be dumb enough to pretend a producer is the same thing as at the musical act.

Not to mention a label doesn't put in anywhere near the same amount of money in to a new act that they do a producer unless they're also a performer.

C'mon son :smh:

I just find it funny that if the video of him in front

of white record execs never came out we wouldnt be even 

having this conversation

never mind the content that in the song just the fact 

that its in front of them you dudes are hot

as if its not common knowledge that all record execs are not black

would you have the same opinion if the room was full of blacks 

B07kBnMCcAIXddr.png
He was the same one bobbing his head.

I just find it funny that if the video of him in front
of white record execs never came out we wouldnt be even 
having this conversation
never mind the content that in the song just the fact 
that its in front of them you dudes are hot
as if its not common knowledge that all record execs are not black
would you have the same opinion if the room was full of blacks 

So there wouldn't be a discussion about exploitation of black culture by people outside of the culture?

That discussion has been going on for decades. **** are you saying?

Last edited:

I don't know, well there is this creation called the internet that reaches across the world.
You could be patient and create a fan base "if" you have a quality product and have intelligent
individuals working as a team to market yourself without getting raped by a "label". It's true it
will be harder to get mainstream looks like MTV, and BET , but if you feel the product is unique
and has substance take your time and create a plan for success. You don't need a 2 million
dollar advance from a label, and a crap 360 deal these days. Look at NT's own DOM, why
do you think he's holding out?It's not needed anymore, ideally you want to cut out the middle
man completely, in this case that share cropper in the video.

I really don't care what Bobby is doing, it's what he knows or lacks. He is no different than
MIMS right? Below average artist with lack of development that happen to be blessed with
great production. Where is MIMS now? And hes actually a way better lyricist than Bobby.

Last edited:
A lot of you guys can't read between the lines. The most delusional ones are those saying it's for "artist development" There is no such thing as artist development in this genre anymore.

Back
Top Bottom