Both my beats by dr.dre headphones suck...recommend me new ones

Originally Posted by kickinit102

UE 11 pro
these look interesting...

as for the over ears ones, i need ones that catch high and low freq, sub, bass etc. i make a lot of hip-hop and elector music.

naw i dont really care about the Beats, if they were cheaper I'd buy them.
and Skullcandy has failed me too many times so wont buy them again. I've had a pair of Sony's for about a year now and they work fine

Originally Posted by Physicx

mmn got banned?

frown.gif
frown.gif

i'll be back soon guyz

dre beats headphones def dont suck. the reason they broke was prob operator error. and if it was legit best buy would let you return them. bose noise cancelingheadphones are pretty good too

I have the Sony MDR-V500DJ headphones. I think they're pretty good quality. I never had any nice headphones before that though so I can't reallycompare. I only had the white Apple iPod headphones before that.

anyone got info on those new solo beats?

I can get the regular ones for $150 and been thinkin about it.

Originally Posted by asmathews

i was gonna purchase a studio pair too
smh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I was REALLY contemplating on purchasing a pair.. damn[/color]
smh.gif

Originally Posted by manamazing55

who cares how they sound, they look cool.
wink.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]They really do though[/color]
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Olvera23

I returned them after a week. Sound wasn't up to par with my Sony's and I didn't feel like keeping them. I loved the style and fit,just the sound output wasn't getting it done.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by mcnoodlez

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Fam how you broke your in ears?, though? And which eartips you used? You hear a significant change when u switch to those big swirly looking eartips

my in ears sounded fine, but the chord ripped tight near the plugin tip. and bestbuy isn't giving me a straight answer about exchanging/returning
smh.gif
happened to a person I knew and he brought it to some place who just soldered on a new tip for him (if i understand what you're sayingcorrectly). Probably a noise quality degradation, but it sitll worked for him

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by Olvera23

I returned them after a week. Sound wasn't up to par with my Sony's and I didn't feel like keeping them. I loved the style and fit, just the sound output wasn't getting it done.
frown.gif
So are they that horrible?
Solos for around $70 and studios for $150... Would you still return them?

THESE ARENT MY RECOMMENDATIONS. But I'm sure this will help some folks.

---------

Don't PM me with questions. I will not answer them. Post in this thread instead.

I'm rather cheap but I want good headphones. ($0-25)

iem
JVC HA-FX 33/34 "Marshmallow"
JVC HA-FX 66 "Air Cushion"
JVC HA-FX 55
These ones are about $25

ear-clip
Koss KSC-75
This one can usually be found for between $5 and $20

earbud
JVC gumy Usually around $10
Yuin PK3 Usually around $50

I'm not that cheap, I just want something value ($50-100)

iem
Denon C351
Creative EP630
Sennheiser CX300
Westone 1 (about $100 for these ones)
j-jays
Etymotic ER6i
Shure SE115
Denon C551

Full-Size
iGrado
Grado SR60 One HELL of a good deal.
Grado SR80
Alessandro MS1
Denon D1000/D1001
Ranges from $50-100, ascending in price

Earbuds
Yuin PK2 Usually around $80

I have some money to spend on headphones and I want something great ($100-200)

iem
Westone 1
D-Jays
Etymotic ER4p
Shure SE210
Denon C700/750/751
Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 pro
All these are closer to $150, give or take a bit

Full Size
Audiotechnica AD700
Grado SR125
Grado SR225Beyerdynamic DT770
Shure SRH 840

I have more than $200 to spend.

iem
UE Triple Fi 10
Shure SE420
Shure SE530
Westone 2
Westone 3
Sennheiser IE8
Livewires
FreQ Shows
These range from about $250 to $350 (Triple.Fi, SE530, Westone 3, IE8 are generally considered four of the best universals you can purchase)

Full Size
Grado SR325is (Do note, these are very love/hate; Extremely agressive compared to regular grados. Try them before you buy them, for sure)
Alessandro MS2/MS2i
Audiotechnica AD900
Sennheiser HD600
Sennheiser HD650
AKG K701
Denon D2000
These are all between $200 and $300 .

I have so much money, if I don't spend as much as I can I will not be happy. I also like to make people jealous.

iem
Westone ES3X
UE 10pro
UE 11pro
These range from $600 (ES3X) to well over $1000 (UE11)

full size
Denon D5000
Denon D7000
Sennheiser HD800
Sony SA5000
Grado RS2
Grado RS1
Alessandro MS Pro
Grado PS1000
Grado GS1000
Audiotechnica W5000
Audiotechnica AD2000
Stax Omega II
These range from about $350 (AD2000) to about $2000 (Omega II, no amp) for the current production headphones. The discountinued headphones (marked [d]) onthis range from about $1000 (AKG K1000) to about $15,000 (Orpheus), market price.

Discontinued headphones to consider
AKG K1000: These are really earspeakers, and they're about $1300 if you can find them
Sony R10: These are generally considered the best dynamic headphones ever produced. Expect to pay $6000+
Sony Qualia 010: Very fast, and they sound damn good if you can get a good fit with them. Make sure to get a fit kit first, so you can see what size topurchase.
Sennheiser HE90: If you have to ask..
Grado HP1/2/3: These are pretty much the best grados ever. Ever. Expect to pay close to $1500.
Grado PS1: If you like bass and have $3000..
Audiotechnica W10VTG, W11JPN, W11R W10LTD, W2002, etc: I love them.

Things not to buy at all
Bose anything: You're paying for the brand, not for the product. They would be fantastic - If they were about $100 cheaper, for their headphones. Muchbetter headphones exist at much lower prices.

Skullcandy: Think of taking the cheapest crap you can find, putting on an ugly skull logo, painting it in tacky colors that would appeal to the same peoplethat the NZXT Guardian. They sound like *$%, too.

Active noise cancelling
Not really suggested; they use an additional battery, they have a very high pitched squealing sound when they're on, and they don't block out allnoise, only noise like engine noise, and car noises. Not people talking noise, mostly. Instead, try a nice pair of IEM's.

Thank me later.

Back
Top Bottom