Bought a cargo van. Now what?

Hi.

Just checked my original post to see if I neglected to say the van has an intended use by Spring ‘22. I did forget to mention that. Coupled with the short thread title, I guess I do look a little clueless.

It’s all good though. I’m exploring my options for now with the 🚐. I’m open to all options. I can probably supply the strippers. I might have to look into the laws about this. That could be fruitful.

Hi.

Just checked my original post to see if I neglected to say the van has an intended use by Spring ‘22. I did forget to mention that. Coupled with the short thread title, I guess I do look a little clueless.

It’s all good though. I’m exploring my options for now with the 🚐. I’m open to all options. I can probably supply the strippers. I might have to look into the laws about this. That could be fruitful.
You’re doing fine, b. Some folks just like to try and nitpick at every chance they get.

This might help. https://www.directfreight.com/home/

Tying up $7500 until some theoretical date next spring still seems odd. Last year that van would have cost you like 5-6k

You would have been better buying stuff and reselling it or putting that money into something like crypto if you just want to make some money.

Sell that van and buy a sprinter van/high roof van or small box truck. It's more versatile

Depends on your locality. In NYC or any other big market city--Sprinter vans will run the passenger(s) around $100. They mostly use them to and from the airport.

Even if you make 6-8 trips, that's around $500-800/day. That's enough to cover all your operational costs.
So this conversation came up amongst the fellas & it’s got traction. For me at least. Thinking 2 vans at least to start. I’ll definitely not be driving or even day to day in the office.

And if any or alladem back out I’m bringing it to the family table.

7500 ain’t nothing.

But also 7500 isn’t breaking the bank nor has it got me pressed.

What really has me pressed is becoming my own boss so I can simply keep up. Lifestyle expensive still, more bills to keep up w/, inflation rising faster than your paycheck.

Not a damn one will ever give you worth so you gotta take it. I ain’t spending majority of my strongest days making someone else’s pockets fatter.

I started networking today on my adventures to the city. That’s really the name of the game here too, I’m learnin’.

I like ur attitude my man. Im not really too sure about this cargo van investment but I feel like if you follow up on every avenue presented in here things are gonna work out for you. Good luck.

So this conversation came up amongst the fellas & it’s got traction. For me at least. Thinking 2 vans at least to start. I’ll definitely not be driving or even day to day in the office.

And if any or alladem back out I’m bringing it to the family table.

Bruh, IDK why more people aren't into this type of hustle. I know there's some barriers to hurdle over in the NYC, because of the TLC regulations and obtaining permits and stuff.

From what I know, I heard the TLC isn't distributing anymore permits. I could be wrong, but that's what I've heard. If you can get your hands on a few licenses, you should be Gucci.

Bruh, IDK why more people aren't into this type of hustle. I know there's some barriers to hurdle over in the NYC, because of the TLC regulations and obtaining permits and stuff.

From what I know, I heard the TLC isn't distributing anymore permits. I could be wrong, but that's what I've heard. If you can get your hands on a few licenses, you should be Gucci.
Good info. This would have to be an endeavor for a later date while I myself learn more about that business. What wins, the pitfalls,everything. There are whole neighborhoods that don’t have dedicated services like this. Startup for that would be a nice piece of coin, especially for a couple of the fellas. I guess they’d be the drivers if they don’t come up with the cash.

1 problem solved already.

Chevy Express 2500

Anyone try independent owner operator courier life? Trying to find some work now but not getting much traction.

Need to start making up some capital for a business launch.

What else can I do with this for now?
F53F0493-9263-4547-81DA-021BDADB5869.jpeg
service vasn are in high demand right now
reg gas or cng ?

and honestly, why not get a sprinter type van
a contractor friend of mine has 2 and ive mentioned to him id like to take one off his hands and turn it into a camper van
like this
Freedom Vans Built Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Camper Van for a Woman to Travel

he said its all mine if i take over the payments, but ive been sorting other stuff right now and cant take on that monthly debt just yet
plus why start paying it now when i can wait til next year

Like others already mentioned, thought you were gonna customize the van and live in it.

Gotdamn it’s almost been a year. The van has been parked for the last 6 months.

Before that, I was doing subcontractor work with a local auto parts distributor.

Paid off the van in 3 months then I got fired from what was a 6 month contract. To tell the truth, I’ve been fired from most jobs on the resume.
Another story for a real therapist.

Landed a day gig & just in time shortly after that firing. Some health issues had me unable to drive for a bit so there it was parked on the street :smh: .

But I’m on the back 9 & have finally extended my hand for help with a driver until I’m 💯. Working part time weekends after getting fired from the day gig. Studying for a hospital cert, outfitting the van with some equipment and security enhancements in her meantime.

This bump comes just in time as I’m back on the prowl for work again with the extra free time.

Indeed & Zip Recruiter have worked best for me in the past when looking.

Back
Top Bottom