Boxing/MMA is subsidized and organized racism and I'm cool with that..

Alright weirdo
Says the guy who probably wiped last nights man sauce off his hands with his favorite Tapout teeshirt.. Wanna make personal attacks? I'm better at it. Stick to debating the rhetoric, champ.
Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

so the previous arguments over, Shane Carwin and Brock Lesnar, or even Lesnar v. Mir is Racist?
I didn't say ALL boxing and MMA fights are about race, there's a difference. I couldn't tell you which ones were more racial charged than the previous matches. Maybe it's because I don't follow either sport closely and so I'm able to see the concepts in a more general sense. It's kinda like the world cup, and don't tell me those soccer fan aren't in the stands fueling race wars. Jack Dempsey says, "C'mon son".

I'll put it in perspective..

I'm FAR from racist or homophobic in nature. I say live and let live. But the one time I had a legit reason to fight a white guy, it made it sweeter that he was White and I could draw from past anger. It was like I was punching every white person that's ever thought of being a racist. I loved it. Does  that mean I'm a racist or that my motive for fighting him was racist? No. Trust me, he earned it.  I just channeled something extra from within to help me accomplish my task of manhandling this white guy. And it worked. But that's just the individual fighter. Let's not mention the organizations that have been promoting along racial lines for generations. How many Great White Hopes have there been? I dunno. Why do Black people always root for the Black guy (Frazier, Ali, Dempsey, Tyson, Zab, PBF, Roy, etc)? Why do the Mexicans always wave a flag in the stans? People want to identify with this warrior that's the same color as them. Then they want to watch him beat the $@!$ out of other people of other colors, that's why.Cuz no one gets to express their fear of different people in a world that pushes for more togetherness. And there's nothing wrong with fear, just hate. And it's not always the same thing. That's why we NEED racial wars in sports. That's why Manny vs. PBF is hot. They're both great... but if they were both black... or both (what is Pacman
embarassed.gif
? __insert that race here__) I seriously doubt the whole boxing world would care as much...

If it wasn't for racial wars in sports, we as people would have them in LIFE. Sports teaches us to accept others on an equal playing field so that one day we may accept them in life.* Look at Yao Ming. He's a one man sterotype-deal-breaker. Tiger Woods.... Tony Romo (well not really cuz he sucks but still). Cats love their respective "Great _______ Hopes". It's even more carnal in combat sports...

*Want a quick lesson? Watch/Wikisearch an episode of Avatar: The Last Air Bender called the Great Divide.

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

i think you're mistaking national pride for racism homie.

Nope. I'm saying they are one and the same deep down...  you can call a duck a mallard if it makes you feel choosy, but both them @+!%$ gone quack...

Nope. I'm saying they are one and the same deep down...  you can call a duck a mallard if it makes you feel choosy, but both them @+!%$ gone quack...

to go with the pacman and mayweather example, im quite certain most people are looking at it as "im rooting for Manny because he's filipino" not "im rooting for Manny, because Mayweather is black."

Even if you flip it as "rooting for manny because he's asian" it still doesn't qualify as racism because it's choosing because of a quality found in Manny. Not choosing a fighter due to a quality found in the other fighter.

It can be racist, but not necessarily. Hell, fighters fight against their own kind from their own country ALL the time. What is that considered then?

to go with the pacman and mayweather example, im quite certain most people are looking at it as "im rooting for Manny because he's filipino" not "im rooting for Manny, because Mayweather is black."

Even if you flip it as "rooting for manny because he's asian" it still doesn't qualify as racism because it's choosing because of a quality found in Manny. Not choosing a fighter due to a quality found in the other fighter.

It can be racist, but not necessarily. Hell, fighters fight against their own kind from their own country ALL the time. What is that considered then?

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Its gotten really nasty on the Filipino side some of it being here on NT.
Ain't NO use in fronting like it hasn't, either. It is what it is. I hate that people are ashamed to admit it. We all see EVIDENCE of racism in action EVERY day. But yet they're telling me that two people, squared up, ready to punch each other till one quits isn't indicative of this underlying aggressions and tension.. right. Before there were civil rights, there was Jack Dempsey. He was all we had
laugh.gif
. We might not have been viewed as first-class citizens, but we could sure bet on JAck to whip some white boy's %%* on our behalf... it's funny actually. That's just human nature. It even boils over into music

[tangent] Look at Eminem. There are as many people that bought his album because he was the first GREAT white rapper as there are people that say "he's only considered great because he's a white rapper". Both are equally stupid reasons to feel one way or the other about the music itself, but that's just the world we live in. I like Em cuz he's the best at rhyme schemes ever -- with no regard to race whatsoever. But because he's from a different life than me, with his being a white guy having affected the way he views the world and speaks on it, I dont  relate to him as much as I do with other more hood black cats (like even Wacka Flocka Flame for example). And so given the choice, I'd take Wacka (today) over Em (today)..  and that is indirectly related to where I'm from just as much as my skin color [/tangent]

Ain't NO use in fronting like it hasn't, either. It is what it is. I hate that people are ashamed to admit it. We all see EVIDENCE of racism in action EVERY day. But yet they're telling me that two people, squared up, ready to punch each other till one quits isn't indicative of this underlying aggressions and tension.. right. Before there were civil rights, there was Jack Dempsey. He was all we had
laugh.gif
. We might not have been viewed as first-class citizens, but we could sure bet on JAck to whip some white boy's %%* on our behalf... it's funny actually. That's just human nature. It even boils over into music

[tangent] Look at Eminem. There are as many people that bought his album because he was the first GREAT white rapper as there are people that say "he's only considered great because he's a white rapper". Both are equally stupid reasons to feel one way or the other about the music itself, but that's just the world we live in. I like Em cuz he's the best at rhyme schemes ever -- with no regard to race whatsoever. But because he's from a different life than me, with his being a white guy having affected the way he views the world and speaks on it, I dont  relate to him as much as I do with other more hood black cats (like even Wacka Flocka Flame for example). And so given the choice, I'd take Wacka (today) over Em (today)..  and that is indirectly related to where I'm from just as much as my skin color [/tangent]

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

Ain't NO use in fronting like it hasn't, either. It is what it is. I hate that people are ashamed to admit it.

im definitely not fronting about anything. Of course you can get into specific fights, or fighters where fans may see it more as a black vs whatever thing. But you're talking about the very foundations of the sport being built upon racism, when that is clearly not the case.

Ain't NO use in fronting like it hasn't, either. It is what it is. I hate that people are ashamed to admit it.

im definitely not fronting about anything. Of course you can get into specific fights, or fighters where fans may see it more as a black vs whatever thing. But you're talking about the very foundations of the sport being built upon racism, when that is clearly not the case.

Nah you good, I was speaking in general...

And how is it clearly not the case? I'm still waiting on SOMEBODY to flesh that out for me
nerd.gif

Nah you good, I was speaking in general...

And how is it clearly not the case? I'm still waiting on SOMEBODY to flesh that out for me
nerd.gif

Note to replying posters:

Racism =/= "Black man's grudge against white people" Race-ism just means people ARE seeing the color of things in question

Ain't no difference. Choosing heads IS "not choosing Tails". If the quality you choose is based on outward appearance, you're racial biased....which is equivalent to racist for the sake of the argument. I'm not saying your a Klan member... not at all. We're ALL prejudice in some ways. That's what I'm trying to get at. Saying it isn't a race war in disguise is pure denial...

Note to replying posters:

Racism =/= "Black man's grudge against white people" Race-ism just means people ARE seeing the color of things in question

Ain't no difference. Choosing heads IS "not choosing Tails". If the quality you choose is based on outward appearance, you're racial biased....which is equivalent to racist for the sake of the argument. I'm not saying your a Klan member... not at all. We're ALL prejudice in some ways. That's what I'm trying to get at. Saying it isn't a race war in disguise is pure denial...

I like to think very logically. Most fighters start out fighting their own countrymen, many of whom can be of the same race. This comes before being good enough to be pitted vs. the best fighters of other countries. That to me proves that race has nothing to do with boxing/mma. Racism only comes into play on the part of it's participants who may be racist. I'm not trying to convince you to think any differently than you do now, but i'm just sayin this is how i see it.

I like to think very logically. Most fighters start out fighting their own countrymen, many of whom can be of the same race. This comes before being good enough to be pitted vs. the best fighters of other countries. That to me proves that race has nothing to do with boxing/mma. Racism only comes into play on the part of it's participants who may be racist. I'm not trying to convince you to think any differently than you do now, but i'm just sayin this is how i see it.

I like to think very logically. To me when most fighters start out fighting their own countrymen, many of whom can be of the same race. This comes before being good enough to be pitted vs. the best fighters of other countries. That to me proves that race has nothing to do with boxing/mma. Racism only comes into play on the part of it's participants who may be racist. I'm not trying to convince you to think any differently than you do now, but i'm just sayin this is how i see it.
I hear you... but I look at it like soldiers in the reserves. Very rarely do the soldiers have anything personal against the enemy. They just need to feed their own fam or satisfy personal goals. It's their job to attack the enemy, nothing more. But its the puppetmasters with the agendas. The idealists aren't squeezing triggers and throwing punches, they're signing documents and giving orders. I'm not saying boxers are racist, I'm saying boxing is, if you go high enough up the ladder. Ya dig? It's way to much money  to be made in marketing . 

I like to think very logically. To me when most fighters start out fighting their own countrymen, many of whom can be of the same race. This comes before being good enough to be pitted vs. the best fighters of other countries. That to me proves that race has nothing to do with boxing/mma. Racism only comes into play on the part of it's participants who may be racist. I'm not trying to convince you to think any differently than you do now, but i'm just sayin this is how i see it.
I hear you... but I look at it like soldiers in the reserves. Very rarely do the soldiers have anything personal against the enemy. They just need to feed their own fam or satisfy personal goals. It's their job to attack the enemy, nothing more. But its the puppetmasters with the agendas. The idealists aren't squeezing triggers and throwing punches, they're signing documents and giving orders. I'm not saying boxers are racist, I'm saying boxing is, if you go high enough up the ladder. Ya dig? It's way to much money  to be made in marketing . 

What im saying is that racism has nothing to do with boxing/mma at its heart. Racism in boxing comes from the participants in it who may be racist. Whether they be the ones signing checks, or fans in the sidelines.

Simply choosing a fighter to root for because you identify with him in whatever way you choose doesn't necessarily make it racist unless you chose a fighter solely based on the merit that the other fighter is of another color.

What im saying is that racism has nothing to do with boxing/mma at its heart. Racism in boxing comes from the participants in it who may be racist. Whether they be the ones signing checks, or fans in the sidelines.

Simply choosing a fighter to root for because you identify with him in whatever way you choose doesn't necessarily make it racist unless you chose a fighter solely based on the merit that the other fighter is of another color.

Back
Top Bottom