Brandon Marshall diagnosed with personality disorder

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm not doubting the validity of the actual disorder, but with him, I am. 
... because you're a psychologist and you've spent plenty of time talking to him personally, right?

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE
He must be an amazing actor.
Honest question....with the mental disorder that he has, are the hits to the head helping him in any way? 

Any future issues Marshall has off the field he can now blame on BPD. 

What exactly is Brandon Marshall motivation for doing this?

How about trying to rehabilitate his image?  How about trying to get endorsements back because he was virtually untouchable because of his behavior in Den/Miami.  It goes on and on....

I choose not to believe HIM....not the disorder...but, Brandon Marshall. 

My problem with this is that type of attitude, and I know Marshall's situation is different because it's been widely publicized, but that stigma that's associated with BPD or other mental illnesses is exactly why people who have these problems suffer with them.  It is difficult enough for them to live with it but when they see that others dismiss it as them just being crazy and looking for justification or a way out, that makes their struggle that much harder.

I just don't see what harm it does hoping that the guy gets his life together rather than immediately questioning his motives.  If anything you can at least show support for others as well that face the same obstacles though not through the media.

Originally Posted by soychulo

The fact that he is making it public lends more credibility to DoubleJ's assumptions. This doesn't seem like a guy trying to figure out why he is such a mess. But appears to be more of a ploy for sympathy to repair his image.

"He wasn't a danger to those around him on purpose. He just couldn't help himself."
Uh no it doesn't, in fact it makes it more stupid.

If you don't actually have a problem nothing will change, your image will not be rehabilitated, confirming that you are crazy doesn't get you out of $!%$.

I had that opportunity the past decade. After sitting down with a psychiatrist for 15 minutes in 2001 she diagnosed me as bipolar disorder, handed me a bag full of drugs and told me to come back next week for more.
After visiting another clinician years later I discovered I wasn't properly assessed, and had been misdiagnosed
Since 2001? A DECADE LONG PLOY???
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Also the idea that you rehabilitate your image by telling everyone you are crazy I find to be particularly amusing.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm assuming J's is thinking in terms of Ron Artest or something, is that what you're goin for sort of?  Ron praises his therapist and it makes news everywhere etc etc. 

I would think just sit back and wait for that doc to come out, maybe we find out a whole lot more.  Bottom line, just hope the guy gets himself well dealing with whatever he deals with.  I wish him luck. 

Originally Posted by soychulo

The fact that he is making it public lends more credibility to DoubleJ's assumptions. This doesn't seem like a guy trying to figure out why he is such a mess. But appears to be more of a ploy for sympathy to repair his image.

"He wasn't a danger to those around him on purpose. He just couldn't help himself."
do yourself a favor, go search for his friday post practiuce interview on NFL Network and watch it. and then read and watch wshat the Doctors have to say.

I just don't see how he's been having all of these incidents over the course of years and he is finally properly diagnosed with BPD and the next step is to go make a documentary on it the day he gets out of the hospital. Just doesn't seem right to me.

Is he attributing his issues with women to BPD? He doesn't really say that, but says he couldn't enjoy the things he achieved in life because of the disorder. My concern is that he continually gets in incidents with women, and those incidents might not so end well in the future if they continue. If BPD isn't what's causing that, then he needs to address that. If BPD is what's causing that, then why isn't he saying that? (maybe I missed him saying that)

Back
Top Bottom