Brandon Roy seriously trying to come back?!

Roy's knees are done this isn't a tear...its a bone on bone type of situation. He can't survive 82 games.

backing up Klay Thompson 
pimp.gif

man he btter not go to the Clips. Lakers, Knicks, bulls, Heat ake sense.

Or just go to Phoenix depending on what Nash does.

http://tracking.si.com/20...eback-retire-free-agent/

Report: Minnesota Timberwolves to offer Brandon Roy two-year contract
NBA, Portland Trail Blazers, Brandon Roy, Minnesota Timberwolves | Comments
Decrease font
Enlarge font

The Minnesota Timberwolves are prepared to make Brandon Roy a two-year contract offer. (Jonathan Ferrey/Getty Images)

The Minnesota Timberwolves are preparing to offer free-agent guard Brandon Roy a shot at a comeback, getting ready to present him with a two-year contract offer. ESPN Radio 1500 in Minneapolis reported Monday night that Timberwolves general manager David Kahn “has genuine interest in making Roy a permanent fixture in Minnesota.

Just wondering, anyway going to Germany and getting the same knee surgery kobe had will help?

Originally Posted by jthagreat

wish him the best period. pretty tough seein injury be the end of a promising career
Word. Doesnt matter to me where he ends up, as long as he gets to play with no problems.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Just wondering, anyway going to Germany and getting the same knee surgery kobe had will help?
From Zach Lowe's Point Forward column:
"The therapy or any of its variations would obviously could not rebuild cartilage or repair damage to cartilage that doesn’t exist anymore in Roy’s knees. It might reduce pain levels here and there, but several sports medicine experts told SI.com they were skeptical it could help Roy. “I see no value in it all for him or cases like his,

The thread is only 4 pages long and somehow every NBA team has been mentioned as the possibility where he'll end up.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

He can't go back to Portland?
nerd.gif

No. Since he was amnestied he cant be signed for, I think, another season (since it's already been one). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

He can't go back to Portland?
nerd.gif

No. Since he was amnestied he cant be signed for, I think, another season (since it's already been one). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Besides being from the PNW, why would he want to go back? They're not a very good team right now and for the forseeable future.He should head to the Lazarus Pit they have in Phoenix.

2 lottery picks, one of the best PF's in the game, a fanbase that adores him, a team he knows, a medical staff he knows to avoid already, we're on the same level as Phoenix (higher if Nash leaves)... that's all I can think of. But an all star forward and 2 more lottery picks don't scream 'bad for the forseable future' if things go right.INB4 nothing goes right up here.

yea phoenix would be ideal for him, what they did wit shaq, nash, and hill. specially wit nash leaving

Bros....If the Pacers can get Eric Gordon, and sign Roy, that would have to be the coldest combination of SG's in the League

Originally Posted by solarius49

Bros....If the Pacers can get Eric Gordon, and sign Roy, that would have to be the coldest combination of SG's in the League

If and only if Roy comes back at even 85% of his former self. But the combo of Gordon/George is pretty interesting. I say if they land Gordon, trade Granger for a good big man.

Originally Posted by donmega

Originally Posted by solarius49

If and only if Roy comes back at even 85% of his former self. But the combo of Gordon/George is pretty interesting. I say if they land Gordon, trade Granger for a good big man.
I really want them to use Granger to trade up and grab Perry Jones, but I have a feeling Roy has something left in the tank as a 6th man

Gordon back to Indiana would be interesting

I just want Brandon Roy to be healthy, i know he misses the game but *#$$!%# up your knees is no joke!

speaking of Knees any word on Greg Oden these days?

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Gordon back to Indiana would be interesting

I just want Brandon Roy to be healthy, i know he misses the game but *#$$!%# up your knees is no joke!

speaking of Knees any word on Greg Oden these days?
From what I read in his last interview, he may consider taking the year off to rest his knee from his recent surgery. Feel bad for the guy.

Back
Top Bottom