Brands like Ed Hardy, Affliction banned from bars in Vancouver.

smh.gif
Some of you are something else, I posted this in the"What's Hot/What's Not" thread and (you all know who you are) had disrespectful words for me. But now you're in hereagreeing?......
indifferent.gif

that voids your credibility as an individual...atleast in my book

i remember when i got turned down cuz i had a tee with a faint skull in the background ... dude wouldnt even let me turn it inside out ...

man, in columbus, bars are starting to say "no flat bill baseball caps"
the hell? i'm assuming that this guy would be allowed into those bars.

grobie01.jpg

i can't stand those clothing brands, but the thought of banning a brand name is pretty asinine to me.
around here u cannot wear plain tee shirts at all
no plain t-shirts, no shirts with designs... what ARE people allowed to wear these days?

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

this one bar i go to in vancouver actually takes it to another extreme.. not allowing big buff dudes in. also, if you have tats all over your arm and neck you better have an ugly christmas sweater to cover it up..
laugh.gif

what bar is this?

well i guess i must be a drug dealer as well!!...lol.....stereotypin outta control if u ask me

we have this garbage spot in our chintatown called 'dirty' which is a major douche (both dudes and chicks) joint. one of my friends who's adesigner w/ nike got turned away for wearing the 'vancouver tuxedo' (word to the person that called that out, i like that name). and they let drunkwhite chicks in who wear uggs and jean skirts in. i don't like the brands either but i'd be turning away people w/ white or black tees before someonew/ semi-expensive clothing on. if they can afford the clothing, that should signify they have some class over the hood dude that wears a white tee w/everything.

I forgot to mention that the same bar that doesn't allow chains and gold grills doesn't let "packs" ofdudes in either. There has to be a 1:1 girl guy ratio in your party. Craziness....

I'm left wondering what are some of you actually complaining about?....Why would you want entry to a club or bar that doesn't accept your type ofattire?

Why would you want entry if none of your "kind" is in there?

If you're "fresh to death" why would you wanna hang out with a bunch of losers that dress NEO PREP (the term everyones looking for) anyway? Trust me you're not going to score with any chicks..Although most of them secretly want THAT GUY IN THE "GANGSTA ATTIRE" theywould'nt put their social life on the line for it. It kills "THE MOOD" for the "PREPS" which is the majority on some nights

Which is why the girl simply comes back solo on "Hip-Hop" night to get torn apart by "THAT GUY IN THE "GANGSTA ATTIRE"

I design websites now, but in the past I've bartended and promoted and I was taught REAL ESTATE and NIGHT CLUBS are the most RACIST but PROFITABLEbusinesses out there...It's cold but it's the truth...PEOPLE PAY YOU TO BE SATISFIED...IF YOU CAN'T THEY GO ELSE WHERE...So it's not the clubit's the PEOPLE......So why would you wanna be around people that don't like you?

Originally Posted by wj4

http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/vancouver-bc-fashion-labels-blacklisted-clubshttp://www.nowpublic.com/...-labels-blacklisted-clubs

For the lazy folks out there...this is the good stuff.

Downtown bars are turning people away because they're wearing brands of clothing that are being identified as gangster-wear.
laugh.gif
Word to Jimmy.

Last Saturday night, staff at Crush on Granville Street told him he wasn't allowed inside wearing his Ed Hardy shirt, he said. He had to turn the shirt inside-out to hide the design.
Blacklisted brands include his favourite labels like Ed Hardy, Affliction and Xtreme Couture, he said. All of these use trendy motifs like tattoos, skulls and chains.

Vancouver bars aren't the first to ban brands. In England, some pubs banned the luxury British label Burberry, which is popular with soccer hooligans.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

ban that %%@*.. its garbageee

Im not really a fan of these brands but for the places to say that this is gangsta attire just seems racist....I mean at first dudes would wear du rags, baggyjeans, and big coats and that was considered to be too gangsta....now that dudes tighten the clothes up, switch brands and find something new, then this isalso to gangsta....I really dont see anything gangsta about wearing ed hardy or affliction....Just my 2 cents

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by supreme math

I'm left wondering what are some of you actually complaining about?....Why would you want entry to a club or bar that doesn't accept your type of attire?

Why would you want entry if none of your "kind" is in there?

If you're "fresh to death" why would you wanna hang out with a bunch of losers that dress NEO PREP (the term everyones looking for) anyway? Trust me you're not going to score with any chicks..Although most of them secretly want THAT GUY IN THE "GANGSTA ATTIRE" they would'nt put their social life on the line for it. It kills "THE MOOD" for the "PREPS" which is the majority on some nights

Which is why the girl simply comes back solo on "Hip-Hop" night to get torn apart by "THAT GUY IN THE "GANGSTA ATTIRE"

I design websites now, but in the past I've bartended and promoted and I was taught REAL ESTATE and NIGHT CLUBS are the most RACIST but PROFITABLE businesses out there...It's cold but it's the truth...PEOPLE PAY YOU TO BE SATISFIED...IF YOU CAN'T THEY GO ELSE WHERE...So it's not the club it's the PEOPLE......So why would you wanna be around people that don't like you?

where do i begin?

the white drunk college crowd is used to, and probably couldn't care less about kids rocking $350+ sneakers...

with that being said, it is DEFINITELY the bouncer/clubs call...

it's just funny to me the off-the-wall bannings of everything but skin color...

they ban any and every non-white stereotypical way of dress...

it's not about wanting to be "around people that don't like you", because, frankly, im always invited out somewhere...

i don't just say "oh, let me go to _______ tonite, check out the crowd"

it was always either a "____ night" or someone i knew was having a bday party there or what not...

either way, what does it matter the type of crowd that's there?

when you're turning people away because of the preference of a particular style of baseball cap BILL, you're ODing....

they went from "no hats" to "hats, but not backwards" to "its not the hat....it's the flat bill"

which...is lame.

like i said tho, i don't even be on clubs/bars unless i'm on a bill somehow...so
grin.gif

You're wrong first the BOUNCERS are PAID GOONS..they just follow orders.
Second you're absolutely right about bannings....It's illegal to DISCRIMINATE
based on COLOR...so it's a LOOP HOLE ..if they REALLY WANT TO BE THERE
THEY WILL CHANGE..

NO DIFFERENT THAN NIKETALK RULES....Tone it down or get the hell out
laugh.gif
If you can't be yourself someplace why be there? that's being untrue to you.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

burberry banned in english bars?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The Burberry print was worn by a group of people in the UK that caused problems or something to that effect. I forgot their name, but yeah.

No flat brim hats
No urban wear
No grills
No chains
No packs (3+ deep dudes)
No dreads/braids
No white tees
No black people

That's what they're trying to do...too bad we can dress to our environment and bust out the Ralph Lauren polo/sweater vest, slacks, and loafers whenneed be.
pimp.gif
Denial of Civil Rights to a public facility FAIL. But everymonth they are always trying to add more criteria to the discrimination loophole

At the minimal, they're trying to keep out goons who in a lot of clubs make up the vast majority of the scene.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

This isn't new..

I remember one time going to a club here and security wasn't letting us in because of of the clothing we wore (this was in '03) the man gave a list: No RACKAWEAR (Rocawear), Sean John, FUBU, AVEEREX (Avirex) etc...we could not believe how this man was pronouncing *$** and the fact he was letting dudes in with Jerseys but we were cleaned up dressed nice. Then he went on to say my jeans were too baggy so I pulled them $@*@% up Urkel style and the man STILL wouldn't let us in.

and around 03, my dude got turned down because his button down miskeen shirt was "too urban"

ITS A BUTTON DOWN

and i was wearing a fit i had wore to that same club before, and got turned down...
laugh.gif

Funny thing is in the incident I brought up before I was wearing what you mentioned.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

jeep -
pimp.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Yoda

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

burberry banned in english bars?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The Burberry print was worn by a group of people in the UK that caused problems or something to that effect. I forgot their name, but yeah.
they are called chavs.

i don't agree with the dress codes and banning certain brands, but i do see what they are trying to do. they aren't trying to not allow in certainraces they are trying to keep the club peaceful. unfortunately you can't tell if it's gonna be the skinny white dude wearing affliction getting rowdyor the brotha in a suit. the owners see a certain stereotype of people that cause problems and they try to address that by restricting what clothing they letin. my high school thought that there was a gang problem in town (very small town with 1 gang) so they disallowed any boxers being shown and some other stupidrules. well the people that got affected the most were the stoned skaters because they rocked pants low.

Back
Top Bottom