Brazil 2014 World Cup

Originally Posted by Dimelo

Originally Posted by DoS

Jokes on you guys! I live here, and I got those American and Brazilian tickets on DECK.

Jokes on you, you live in south america
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

The World Cup in Brazil is like the NBA All-Star game in Vegas. Seems like a great idea but no one is ready for the wild $%%% that will go down. 
Pretty much. 
R.I.P. 

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

Does anybody know where you buy the tickets? When do tickets go on sale?

Thanks for the responses everyone. From what I have researched, tickets will go on sale sometime mid 2013 with prices ranging from 20-2,500 depending on the team and round. I'm in the same situation with having money for it, but the friends are broke. Seeing others' experiences you need to reserve your living space by spring 2013 or a little bit after. You can't buy commercial flights until 330 days before the departure date. Tickets will be similar to Carnival prices (US) which are $1,600 per flight. I've heard that I need to save $3,500-5,000 for a 3 week stay. Anyone else have more details? This is a once in a lifetime trip, so I'd like to be extremely proactive in my search.

dawg im not even a soccer fan but i am planning to go because i KNOW this will be the time of my life.

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

The World Cup in Brazil is like the NBA All-Star game in Vegas. Seems like a great idea but no one is ready for the wild $%%% that will go down. 
Pretty much. 
R.I.P. 
Maybe cause your not a football fan and you don't know anything about the greatness that is brazil?

im trying to go with some family its just about time to put the pieces together and do it

Get your credit cards ready because the first phase will be held in spring of 2013. You can select to follow your team, 3 games, 4 Games, 5 games, or all 6. The window to apply should begin in early 2013 and its lotto if your chosen.

I was chosen during the second phase. I picked up the 3 group play games for the USA and 3 group play games for Mexico.

For 2010 I spent around 4800. The most expensive part was the airfare. Food and hotels where cheap. I expect to spend way more for Brazil because food and hotels are more expensive. I budgeting around $11000 for me and wife. 

I'm already actively looking for lodging. Tickets should be first, Airfare should be purchased before the group play draw or else you will pay more. Chose a city as a hub.

My only issue is, I know that some of the big matches will be in Sao Paolo. But the traffic is in SP is stupidly ridiculous, so I'd rather be in Rio.

I'll see how it all works out.

Can we get a list on PG 1 of who all is or wants to go.

I'm putting a good amount of my Tax return into savings to go. Plus I'll be saving a good amount of my checks. I will go down.

Brazil is a win win on all levels. 8)

Get your credit cards ready because the first phase will be held in spring of 2013. You can select to follow your team, 3 games, 4 Games, 5 games, or all 6. The window to apply should begin in early 2013 and its lotto if your chosen.

I was chosen during the second phase. I picked up the 3 group play games for the USA and 3 group play games for Mexico.

For 2010 I spent around 4800. The most expensive part was the airfare. Food and hotels where cheap. I expect to spend way more for Brazil because food and hotels are more expensive. I budgeting around $11000 for me and wife. 

I'm already actively looking for lodging. Tickets should be first, Airfare should be purchased before the group play draw or else you will pay more. Chose a city as a hub.

Keep me or us updated. I'll be setting up $ for the lady as well, but if she isn't around till then... well then I'm going a la Kanye 8)

Back
Top Bottom