Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

Walt definitely wanted to kill Mike. He was pretending to feel guilty once he saw that Mike wasn't dead yet but that was just the Heisenberg acting again. You can see how jealous Walt got of the loyalty Jesse had for Mike. He had Lydia as his backup plan and he knew it all along so he saw the opportunity to kill Mike and finish him

Who was he pretending for? The birds?

And he wasn't jealous of Jesse and Mike. He didn't want him to get him from under his thumb.

Which he did, because he convinced Jesse to quit and gave him an out.

He was jealous of the relationship forming between Jesse and Mike, especially the influence Mike has on Jesse, considering Walt feels like Jesse is HIS puppet and should be able to do whatever he says. Walt pretended to feel guilty at the end just for Mike's sake. Just listening to his tone during that speech, it all felt like that Heisenberg high-pitched acting BS. But Mike never bought into that crap, which is why he'd always warn Jesse about it because he knows Jesse is gullible. Then when Mike outs Walt and tells him to shut up, Walt sure as heck doesn't look guilty anymore. He just stands there like a fool

If Walt felt guilty then why would he have chased Mike down that bank, pointing his gun? He would've just realized what he did was terrible and then gone after him to try to help him or something. But he was tracking him down to make sure he found him and finished him

BREAKING SAD

I was a big Walt fan before this episode. I heavily debated friends and co-workers about the status of him being evil or not. I believe he's had some kind of justification for all the moves he's pulled before tonight. But this last show has almost put me over the edge to jump off team Walter White.

I can live with what happened to Mike. It was unnecessary in many ways but at the end of the day Mike was a killer and knew the game he was playing. However, there was no call for Walt to **** over Jesse the way he did and try to hold the money over his head. That whole scene all Walt did was take low blows and then hold out on what is rightfully Jesse's. Dude was a total scumbag in that scene and there's no reasoning I can make to justify his actions there.

Last edited:
Was the hitman on the list?
So you're the one saying the chick playing Lydia is the best actor on the show? :lol: Obviously I think the rest of us can take it as your crazy opinion cuz I know I definitely do not have similar thoughts on "how she makes you feel and believe the emotion." She honestly just comes off as a snake in the grass that will say w/e she wants to save her ***. The whole hyperventilating say anything to survive fast isn't all that believable as far her emotions and she definitely doesn't make me feel much of anything when she's on screen other than the aforementioned. She's no more or no less believable than Skinny Pete or Gomey.

Hitman had to be on the list, he was a part of the crew. when Mike asked him why, he said because they took the money and told Lydia... '2 good men died because of you'. if he wasnt one of Mike's guys... i dont think he wouldve said that. could be wrong. *shrug

still dont think it has a correlation to the cake pops.

i stand by my opinion. its just that.... mine. the scene with Mike and Lydia, when the maid is putting her daughter to sleep, was amazing. you compare the scenes of her begging for her life, to Cranson begging for his... and its not even in the same league. even the original meeting with Mike was awesome. the hands shaking... the cracked voice. perfect.

its fine if you are biased to the lead role, but based on your comparison to Skinny Pete... i will end this conversation and disregard your opinions going forward. enjoy your day.

I think the actress who portrays Lydia has done a great job so far. She's also Scottish btw. Her American accent sounds very authentic.

I don't have a problem with Walt killing Mike at all. He's all the way in it now and can't be half gangster like Nucky Thompson. Mike was in the game and like we all know, "the game is the game." The way Walt took Mike out, for me, still felt like he's not in full Heisenberg mode. I would have liked to heard another gun shot when the camera zoomed out.

Walt can do no wrong for me and I support all his actions. I felt the same way with Vic from The Shield. They did what they felt was the right thing.

At the end of the day, they are still good friends.

tumblr_m9bdzncRpY1r7ahpxo1_500.jpg

No half measures. He should have listened to his own advice.

Mike should have stop half stepping and killed Walt a while ago. That's what happens, Mike. R.I.P.

Increasingly hard to root for Walter at all anymore. :smh:

And to maintain interest in this series for me.

Should've ended with season 4.

I have no horse in the race anymore.

Its just dragging on to an inevitable implosion that I don't care as much to see.

No Gus, no Mike...Walt is gonna die, the intrigue and suspense is gone for me.

Last edited:
Crazy crazy episode :wow:

Seeing Mike shook when Walt called him was crazy. Sad to see him go in the end :\

Wonder what next episode has in store :nerd:

If Walt felt guilty then why would he have chased Mike down that bank, pointing his gun? He would've just realized what he did was terrible and then gone after him to try to help him or something. But he was tracking him down to make sure he found him and finished him

well, once walt shot mike he had to kill him, at that point it was him or mike, had mike stayed alive you think he's going to give walt a pass?

Increasingly hard to root for Walter at all anymore. :smh:
I don't root for him anymore. I liked Mike's character. Wish someone knew what happened and would avenge him.

I think the tarantula jar is going to make a appearance in the show again. it might be the tipping point of walter white.
Why? Walt doesn't like spiders?

Jesse has smashed worst :lol:
The meth hooker that operates at the hotel :x.

In the middle of re-watching last night's episode.

The scene where Walt is taking out the bugs in Hank's office...they pan out to a corner camera when they're toasting with the coffee. Could just be the angle they chose to shoot the scene, but could also mean they're showing us an angle of a surveillance camera.

Just my thoughts...

The scene where Walt is taking out the bugs in Hank's office...they pan out to a corner camera when they're toasting with the coffee. Could just be the angle they chose to shoot the scene, but could also mean they're showing us an angle of a surveillance camera.

Just my thoughts...
as logical as that seems, I don't even want to imagine Hank and Walt going at it

Just my thoughts...

1zn3dag.png

^
They need to have Hank start murking fools again. I want to see him have a showdown with Walt's new sidekick.

Was the hitman on the list?
So you're the one saying the chick playing Lydia is the best actor on the show? :lol: Obviously I think the rest of us can take it as your crazy opinion cuz I know I definitely do not have similar thoughts on "how she makes you feel and believe the emotion." She honestly just comes off as a snake in the grass that will say w/e she wants to save her ***. The whole hyperventilating say anything to survive fast isn't all that believable as far her emotions and she definitely doesn't make me feel much of anything when she's on screen other than the aforementioned. She's no more or no less believable than Skinny Pete or Gomey.

Hitman had to be on the list, he was a part of the crew. when Mike asked him why, he said because they took the money and told Lydia... '2 good men died because of you'. if he wasnt one of Mike's guys... i dont think he wouldve said that. could be wrong. *shrug

still dont think it has a correlation to the cake pops.
I know Mike knew the hitman, he knew him well enough to be sad about having to kill him as well. I just thought he was one of his guys the same way Victor was one of his guys as far as having random henchmen to call up and be muscle for Gus. At the time I didn't think he was part of the group involved in making sure things ran smoothly for Gus but due to the dialogue you're probably right.

Somebody needs to post the pic of Hank's board with the pics/names of all of Mike's guys they were putting pressure on. You right about the cake pop pic, person who brought it up realized they were wrong but I wouldn't doubt it symbolized something or had some meaning.

i stand by my opinion. its just that.... mine. the scene with Mike and Lydia, when the maid is putting her daughter to sleep, was amazing. you compare the scenes of her begging for her life, to Cranson begging for his... and its not even in the same league. even the original meeting with Mike was awesome. the hands shaking... the cracked voice. perfect.

its fine if you are biased to the lead role, but based on your comparison to Skinny Pete... i will end this conversation and disregard your opinions going forward. enjoy your day.
Which time are you comparing Walt begging for his life? When Mike threatened him (happens more than once :lol: ) or when Gus did in the lab? or in the early days when guys like Tuco were threatening him and he was begging for his life? To me the scene at the end of Crawlspace is the best in the entire show. Then we got stuff like "I'm the one who knocks", "Say my name", all the heartfelt Jesse scenes when he was suicidal and was doing nothing with his life, Gus' come at me bro with the sniper, Walt drugged up crying to his son, etc. I mean I can go on and on and on about scenes involving Walt, Gus, Jesse, and a few Skylar ones.

I'm not gonna compare similar scenes of when other ppl begged for their life cuz they're not exactly the same. Had Gus came in to Walt's home 4 or 5 deep or hell even alone while his family was in the other room unaware Gus was gonna murk Walt or all of them I'm sure we would've got a better scene of Walt begging for his life. Lydia is in over her head, a complete novice, a grade A overreactor, and a snake in the grass so maybe that's why she came off more desperate but to me it was expected. I did not connect more with her scenes or feel much of anything than the other times characters were in desperate situations. It just wasn't exceptional.

I didn't really make a comparison, I just said as of now she's no more believable than Skinny Pete or Gomey or if you want so it can fit that one scene you keep harping on Todd, when he was bargaining his life and trying to show his value when Jesse wanted him dead. You take those characters for what they are given the screen time they have. You don't over analyze the one or few scenes they show range (a lil bit of emotion). It's like you're making onothing out of something because that scene surprised you so much from that particular character that you went overboard and compared it to the main characters cuz you're so use to them by now. What I'm saying is that specific scene you're referencing simply just isn't enough. Really has nothing to do with bias towards the lead role(s). It's common sense, the lead roles and immediate supporting characters who have been on the show going on 5 seasons have had more scenes and more opportunities to flex their acting skills in various situations. If you happen to think this one scene makes Lydia the best or puts her amongst the top that's you man and that's okay but like I originally said most will probably regard it as a crazy opinion and me and others seeing it that way is okay too.

Back
Top Bottom