Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

Season 1 of prison break puts it above lost and the wire alone. gotta see the rest of breaking bad to make a final verdict as far as that goes.

HAD TO FIRE SOMEONE AT WORK TODAY.

PULLED INSPIRATION FROM WALT X MIKES SPEECH ABOUT MOVING FORWARD WITHOUT HIM.

:smokin

FELT LIKE COPPIN A BLACK HAT AFTER :pimp:

ONE MIGHT SAY I WAS ON MY HEISENBERG[emoji]8482[/emoji] TODAY

Last edited:
HAD TO FIRE SOMEONE AT WORK TODAY.
PULLED INSPIRATION FROM WALT X MIKES SPEECH ABOUT MOVING FORWARD WITHOUT HIM.
:smokin
FELT LIKE COPPIN A BLACK HAT AFTER :pimp:
ONE MIGHT SAY I WAS ON MY HEISENBERG[emoji]8482[/emoji] TODAY
He should have reacted like this

tumblr_m9mogtka4R1r5v4lko1_500.jpg

This is one of my favorite Arrested Development quotes ever...

Season 1 of prison break puts it above lost and the wire alone. gotta see the rest of breaking bad to make a final verdict as far as that goes.

This. :smokin Except no matter how Breaking Bad ends the seasons 2 and 3 turned me off to give it a run at PB. PB will always have my heart lol.

prison break?

i used to follow it, but its not in the same league...

the intricate writing, foreshadowing and easter eggs in bb's worst episode kills prison breaks best episode cause there is none. just story and entertainment.

lost was a show like that, but the series finale made it seem like the writers didnt even know that had all those eggs there in the first place.

prison break?

the intricate writing, foreshadowing and easter eggs in bb's worst episode kills prison breaks best episode cause there is none. just story and entertainment.

lost was a show like that, but the series finale made it seem like the writers didnt even know that had all those eggs there in the first place.
You're a dirty filthy liar sir. Kinda clear you didn't watch the 1st season.

Lost fans: Rate each season of lost from 1(lowest) to 5(highest).

I'm using this method so the show isn't spoiled for me like Prison Break was.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
prison break?

You're a dirty filthy liar sir. Kinda clear you didn't watch the 1st season.

Co-sign.

Lost fans: Rate each season of lost from 1(lowest) to 5(highest).

I'm using this method so the show isn't spoiled for me like Prison Break was.

Thanks in advance.
to me it's not even about that..

it's the damn ending that infuriated me.

LOST seasons

S1: 4
S2: 5
S3: 5
S4: 3
S5: 5 (people went nuts when Jacob/Man in Black showed up)
S6: 2 (the slow letdown)

^ The ending didn't bother me much. Most people that were bothered by it, didn't understand.

Last edited:
People were mad because the audience had been made so many promises. You cant just go string people along for 4 years with some crazy intricate plots, along with a couple center-piece characters who were teased as being a huge part of the story, and decide to ignore those characters/plots for the last season. It doesnt work like that. The ending was a cop-out from writers who realized too late that they couldn't put together a fitting story that aligns with the rest of the show.

LOST seasons

S1: 4
S2: 5
S3: 5
S4: 3
S5: 5 (people went nuts when Jacob/Man in Black showed up)
S6: 2 (the slow letdown)
This. Man. Knows.

S3 was my fav season. Some ppl act like the LOST thread on NT wasn't hundreds of pages before the final season and all the hate. Quite frankly as far as quality and popularity no tv show has dominated like LOST in the past decade.

Last edited:
with Lost...

Quite frankly as far as quality and popularity no tv show has dominated like LOST in the past decade.
I remember for Obama's second state of the union address, everyone started going crazy. Even the media and all the late night dudes were talking about it. What the hell is wrong with Obama...he scheduled it for the same time as Lost and HELL NO are we waiting an extra week to watch Lost. :smh: And everyone was kinda serious too. :lol:

S1: 5 (perfection...no one knew they should hate Kate yet)
S2: 4 (Ana sucked, but Eko and "balloon man")
S3: 4 (the cages sucked, but the Others and that incredible finale)
S4: 3 (a letdown after that finale...Keamy, though)
S5: 4 (the 2 people everyone wished were the stars took over...a nice, heartfelt, way to end the show)
-------
that's all.
edited for sorta spoilers
**** season 6 in the neck meat

Last edited:
^ The ending didn't bother me much. Most people that were bothered by it, didn't understand.

it wasn't that. It was the fact that most of us already figured out it was "purgatory" and low and behold most of it was.

The score saved it for me though I was a bit let down...I still remember jack and his dog bringing a light, salty-like liquid from my eye.

Let's keep the discussion of above-average shows (Lost) and shows that peaked in their first season (Prison Break) to a minimum.

We're better than that here.

Prison Break S1 was legendary, S2 was great. But after that it go convoluted.

The only other recent cable show that can hold a touch to Breaking Bad is the Shield. In fact I think the Shield is slightly better. The show was :smokin from beginning to end

The only other recent cable show that can hold a touch to Breaking Bad is the Shield. In fact I think the Shield is slightly better. The show was :smokin from beginning to end
I agree. Season 7 (the last) of The Shield was as good or better than season 4 of Breaking Bad.

Gotta see how these last 9 episodes go, before I can say which was better overall.

Don't use the people don't understand excuse :smh:. I think lots of people understood it and we understood it as being a stupid, safe ending. It was a letdown that one of the most intricate, detailed, and well-planned shows had such a weak ending. I remember I was at the bar that in NYC that was having the every episode of Lost marathon going on before the finale. It was pretty cool.

Breaking Bad is my favorite show in recent memory. All the talk of Lost being GOAT in this forum, that came from people with respectable TV taste, made me start watching Lost a few days ago. So far, I'm unimpressed. Granted I'm only through 5 episodes, but I'm not hooked at all yet, I'm just watching it hoping it'll get better like The Wire(wasn't into it after a few episodes, but was hooked soon after).

Breaking Bad had me hooked after 2 episodes. I think the reason for that is I have an easier time buying into the subject matter on Breaking Bad. An average guy in a desperate situation financially, tired of a mediokre lifestyle, gets into the drug game. Whereas Lost is some people on an island after a plane crash. It may happen sometimes, but the setting and the events in the first few episodes aren't something normal people can relate to.

Also, part of it might be that I know how Lost ends and I'm watching it anyways. Its impossible for me to put myself in the place of those who watched it when it first aired who had no idea what was coming.

Just my thoughts so far...

All the talk of Lost being GOAT in this forum, that came from people with respectable TV taste, made me start watching Lost a few days ago.
To be fair...I bet after anyone said that there was a rush of people (who had seen all of it) shooting them down?

In the moment, Lost was amazing. Network TV is supposed to be crap and brain-softening. Lost had to teach people how to watch it and think like it did. It's not fair trying to compare Lost to shows with real writing and acting and direction. Lost's writing was fine, but the mystery and promise of things to come was always a crutch for it from the very first episode. And they really were good at surprising you with plot twists (but almost every one of those surprises were really just promises they'd never live up to down the line).

Then the acting. The acting was never especially good on Lost with a few exceptions, whereas shows like Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Shield, The Sopranos, all had especially good acting with a few exceptions. With Lost the music and momentum of the episodes hid a lot of the blah and repetitive acting.

And then the direction. Lost is well directed once in a while...whenever you see "directed by Jack Bender." After that, it sorta pretends to be well directed, because at the time, it was like the first beautiful show on network TV. It was one of the first shows shot in HD and by virtue of filming on location in Hawaii, every episode just aesthetically looked way better than normal network shows. The scale...no one had seen scale in television like this before. I'm pretty sure the pilot was the most expensive first episode in television history at the time. They basically shot a TV show on a film set.

And last it had a mythology...no one else was doing that. Everyone was thick on their procedural tip. The CSI's and ER's and The Practice's. Every week you were guarantee'd to have a beautifully shot, accessible (compared to X-Files) and well casted adventure that built on every episode that had come before it. But knowing that Lost ends badly is a pretty terrible thing to hold over the show. I mean it's better to know than to be heated in 2 or 3 months, like I know a LOT of people are gonna be, now that Lost is on Netflix, but it rips away the crutch of "don't worry, this is better than regular TV and if you stay dedicated, we'll show you why, later." Now every time something doesn't make sense or is purposefully left unanswered, you stop and assume the worst...odds are you are probably correct.

And mind you...Survivor and Cast Away were both fresh on people's minds. It was crazy when Lost started, everyone could put themselves in people's positions and completely bought in. Those same people who never disconnected the kool-aid or have a backlash for the backlash, call Lost the GOAT. I can accept someone calling it the greatest network TV show of all time, though, but the fact that soooooooooo many people envisioned and in very great detail described how a final season of Lost could/should go...and that those people ALL had better ideas and insight to what the show was than it's own creators, disgusted the majority of the Lost fan community.

It was almost across the board...even the people who loved the show regardless had a bad taste left in their mouth. I remember nearly every Lost fan saying the same thing..."yeah...I was gonna re-watch the whole series right after the show ended, but nah...I think I'm good."

When it first came on, it was the Locke episode 'Walkabout' that I think hooked the people who weren't itching after the pilot. I can understand being underwhelmed by Lost now, because so many shows have existed because of Lost. Heroes, The Event, V, FlashForward...any mythology TV show with a big premise and ensemble cast of the last decade owes so much to Lost. They proved that people will come and stay and be dedicated and make the huge investment and risk worth it.

The problem is the TV viewing audience is much more sophisticated today than it was when Lost was on, and Lost is why. They taught people how to think, how to see in layers and how to digest television. All those TV blogs and review sites and year end analyses' and in-depth fansites, forums, threads, all of it. Lost created all of it. Any one of those sites, you can go back to their first reviews and they almost definitely erupted when they started conversations on Lost. Now I've heard X-Files started some of it in the late 90s, but Lost created that hunger for more than 40 minutes and now it's time to stop thinking about it. Now everyone is trying to feed it.

And lastly...hopefully :lol: ...the Lost community. Losties. For 6 years, you could just barely find out a person you've never met likes Lost and have a conversation with them for an hour, easy. That's a fact. Now the conversations are bitter and polarized and simpler (I hated the ending vs. I didn't), but that still kinda holds true.

Back
Top Bottom