Breaking: Chrysler closes operations starting December 19th...

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

The hate on domestic cars NEEDS TO QUIT.
word, its ridiculous.
smh.gif

Chrystler's closing? What will the mechanics fix constantly now?

One shutting down means the other companies are going to go up. It's called capitalism. Until the last few months, that's what we've had.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Bad business model.
Bad leadership.
Bad products.

Peace out. Let a new company build up and take that market share and create new jobs.
That's capitalism.
Word.

Damn, the Viper is going to be gone....I hope to God that Corvette isn't next.

Originally Posted by BlazeKicks

eek.gif

they will still get Paid
eek.gif
smh.gif
I believe they will get unemployment benifits. The max amount that you can get in michigan is $362 a week which equals $1448 a month. Thats whatpeople at the plant make in 2 weeks!! My Godmother works for michigan unemployment and she told me TODAY alone the receieved 20,000 new claims forunemployment benifits. The server online went down for 3 hours becuase of the massive people tryin to file claims. Michigan is in a real bad place becuase weare the heart of the auto industry. Lots of people are loseing there homes ( I know its everywhere) but it real hits home for me. My father and stepfather bothworked for the big 3 (chrysler &Ford) but they retired before things got bad. A lot of people took the buyout ( $100,000 ) last year but a lot of peoplespent the money just as fast as they got it. I saw a young guy outside the gas station askin for spare change ( he looked like he was between 24-28) with hisdaughter (who looked to be about 4-6) tryin to get a couple of dollars so he could get her somethin to eat. I said to him " You look like a health man whyarent you workin?" He said he worked for chrysler and they elminated the 3rd shift about 5 months ago and he just havent been able to get back on hisfeet. He has just enough money to keep a roof over there head and gas in his car but no money for food.
frown.gif
frown.gif
Michigan has the highest unemployment rate than any other state in the u.s.a. Its crazy here, peoples ribs are showin and when you have a family totake care of most men will rob, shoot and kill so they can take care of theres. I hope they do something quick..... God bless michigan and God blessamerica................

1focusedfemale wrote:
BlazeKicks wrote:
eek.gif

they will still get Paid
eek.gif
smh.gif

I believe they will get unemployment benifits. The max amount that you can get in michigan is $362 a week which equals $1448 a month. Thats what people at the plant make in 2 weeks!! My Godmother works for michigan unemployment and she told me TODAY alone the receieved 20,000 new claims for unemployment benifits. The server online went down for 3 hours becuase of the massive people tryin to file claims. Michigan is in a real bad place becuase we are the heart of the auto industry. Lots of people are loseing there homes ( I know its everywhere) but it real hits home for me. My father and stepfather both worked for the big 3 (chrysler &Ford) but they retired before things got bad. A lot of people took the buyout ( $100,000 ) last year but a lot of people spent the money just as fast as they got it. I saw a young guy outside the gas station askin for spare change ( he looked like he was between 24-28) with his daughter (who looked to be about 4-6) tryin to get a couple of dollars so he could get her somethin to eat. I said to him " You look like a health man why arent you workin?" He said he worked for chrysler and they elminated the 3rd shift about 5 months ago and he just havent been able to get back on his feet. He has just enough money to keep a roof over there head and gas in his car but no money for food.
frown.gif
frown.gif
Michigan has the highest unemployment rate than any other state in the u.s.a. Its crazy here, peoples ribs are showin and when you have a family to take care of most men will rob, shoot and kill so they can take care of theres. I hope they do something quick..... God bless michigan and God bless america................

I understand your pain, and I don't want to come off as a jerk, but -- this has to happen. The bail out will only delay the inevitable. The big threeneeds a new direction and new leadership, and that won't happen with the people who are currently running it.

Also, blame the UAW. The Government was ready to give the big three the money they wanted (even though I though that was not the right move looking at thefuture), but the UAW didn't want no parts of that. Those are the bastards you guys should be looking at. Unions are a dying bred who are no longerneeded. The have done lots of good thing for workers, but like every giant organization with lots of power, they have their own agenda, and for the most parthat is sticking it to company who are representing their workers (why do you think garbage man and some shipyard workers get the outrageous wages that theyget?). From what they were saying, the Union Reps/Organizers have enough capital to stay afloat for a while. The workers will suffer, but the Unions willkeep telling them that siding with them is in their best interest.

The 300 will be the new Kia. Just watch.

On another note... am I the only one that thinks this is some kinda reverse psychology plan that Crysler is tryin to pull off so they can get a YES for abailout?

Originally Posted by iBlink

So... can we expect these cars to hit clearance?

I'd so cop a cross fire.
they got brand new cross fires for 15k some place in michigan right now.

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Originally Posted by Untitled

word, its ridiculous.
smh.gif
Poor quality products at a more expensive price? They deserve the hate.
I wonder if Jordan Brand and Domestic cars were all being manufactured by the same mother company.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Chevy is still good right?

if so then im good!

impala
carlo'
tahoe
avalanche
malibu

im gooooooooooooooooood.
Chevy = GM

GM = Worst place out of the 3

Chrysler closing shop for a month to stay alive till March 09, GM will (probably) close shop end of this year... FOREVER.

Originally Posted by JayADiCt92

that sucks...hope MB lives on
pimp.gif
MB and chrysler split ways a long time ago...the Germans obviously saw the direction the company was going and new they couldn't save it andsend it on its way a years ago....

Originally Posted by shch

Damn, the Viper is going to be gone....I hope to God that Corvette isn't next.

They've been trying to get rid of the Viper for a long time now...

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Untitled

word, its ridiculous.
smh.gif
Its the in thing. You ever check th JB forum? Its the same thing there. "HATE HATE HATE".
Its not the "IN" thing. The hate for domestic cars has grown tremendously since 2000.

Back
Top Bottom