Breaking: Gentry Humphrey Headed Back to Jordan Brand

GH allows/allowed his personal feelings to heavily influence his decisions, because he himself (as we know) is an avid collector.

But we’ll see. I’ll give him a chance. We all make mistakes and sometimes look back on things we done with a not so fond memory.

I’m glad I’ve doubled on a few of my favorite “Nike Air” and “Remastered Retros”. But if Gentey gonna Gentry like he did the first time around, I’ll happily save my money.

Some things I don't get:
1. Why did JB decide to let him back in when the brand under his supervision received so much backlash and Nike retos were horrendous because of him?
2. Why does GH who's too stubborn and just flat out ignorant to see the general public's demand have so much control over the band? He should've been demoted long time ago imo.

This pisses me off on so many levels. Retros aren't perfect, but they're a LOT better than what they were. They've had some fantastic releases over the past couple years. Gentry sucked so bad. The only shoes he released that were good quality were the BIN series but those were super limited.

GH allows/allowed his personal feelings to heavily influence his decisions, because he himself (as we know) is an avid collector.

But we’ll see. I’ll give him a chance. We all make mistakes and sometimes look back on things we done with a not so fond memory.

I’m glad I’ve doubled on a few of my favorite “Nike Air” and “Remastered Retros”. But if Gentey gonna Gentry like he did the first time around, I’ll happily save my money.

Be honest, you know he’s going to pull the plug on NA retros for AJ3 and beyond. At least I don’t think he can do this for OG 1 retros as those releases are simply too popular nowadays.

Some things I don't get:
1. Why did JB decide to let him back in when the brand under his supervision received so much backlash and Nike retos were horrendous because of him?
2. Why does GH who's too stubborn and just flat out ignorant to see the general public's demand have so much control over the band? He should've been demoted long time ago imo.

1. They are trying to get back to that level of brand recognition.This goes hand-in-hand with limiting production of retros. Sales have since increased but JB and Nike both grew tremendously during GH’s time there previously.

2. People are more selective nowadays so him trying to make big brand decisions we all dislike is going to play out VERY badly.

yikes. i dont know what JB was thinking. JB must be saving money paying him with this move. i wonder why JB would bring him back cause i know his sales numbers cant compete with todays numbers.

they're probably looking at da numbers and want to knock adidas off their perch...

im affaid of da "cost cutting" measures they're willing to go....i compared da CDP III's to da 2018 black & cements...complete night & day.

CDP leather damn nears da pleather category....da midsoles chip & flake horrifically, da JB logo in da back...god they're bad...

i feel bad for those Jordan I fans....they got spoiled, even da all black regular Jordan I high's got spectacular leather.

air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-black-university-red-5.jpg

you can bet them days is over.... :lol:

It’s simple guys...Under Gentry Jordan Brand had super high sales numbers and very low manufacturing costs...

Currently they’re paying a little more for better quality materials and sales numbers have dropped...Nike just wants to get back to those high profit margins they had while Gentry was running the Jordan show...

Nike is a big business company...They don’t care about the consumer...Their focus is on the investor, who in turn obviously focuses on the money...

Dare I say it, Nike is out of touch with the consumer...

PEople think stuff sat in 2017, EVERYTHING sat in 2008-mid 2011. Only things that sold quick was the infrared pack, hare 1s, Space Jam 11s, and a couple CDP. Of course the DBs, Eminem 2s, and limited stuff doesn’t count. In my area, the only thing needed to cop on RD were the ones I just listed

Just to add to that...

Nike is once again showing just how out of touch they are...They’re assuming their success during the Gentry years was due to him...While in fact he actually held them back a fair amount...

Sneakers were just starting to hit it big in the mid 00’s...Nikes success was a product of timing...Imagine if Gentry wasn’t in place during those early years, if the quality standards didn’t take a hit and retros were being released in the form they’ve been dropping over the past few years...I’d argue that Nike Air on OG colorways, and quality materials would’ve made their sales even higher than what they were...

This current downtrend in Jordan retros, if you even want to call it that, is again a product of timing...The consumers taste is changing, as it normally does, and Nike jumps the gun by bringing Gentry back...Just shows how out of touch they actually are...

I know Jordan brand won’t end up like Toys R Us, but you guys have a good point about them being out of touch. Bringing him back and using the same strategy may not work. The Gentry era didn’t have the same social media presence that exists today. If social media and YouTube begins to push back against jordan like in 2017, people are sure to jump ship for real this time. A lot more appear to care about quality these days

It’s going to be gradual, it won’t happen over night. But all the positives that JB were putting in place since late ‘14/early ‘15 will be reworked. My first prediction is that OG branded 1’s are going back in the chamber. My second bold prediction is that 15-23 will get more retro releases.

I really dont understand why theyd bring this dude back instead of giving a new guy a shot. Gentry is far from magical. There are plenty of talented people out there who'd kill for a position like that.

This is bad.

Hating on this guy has been a running joke here for years. He probably hates us just as much. I fully expect him to double down on the gentrification.

He was also responsible for introducing the limited crap that made everything a nightmare beginning with Altitude XIIIs and the first "LS" shoe: Air Jordan X Ice Blue. Downhill from there. I really hope they are reading up on this thread and seeing how bad this is. They better let him have complete control over anything non retro related.

I forgot to mention the Playoff and White/Red 12s Ive been waiting on.. I can probably say goodbye to those too. The only good thing that can come of this is saving mad money. The brand doing their retros justice over the last like 3/4 years is in direct correlation with how much Ive been spending. As soon as he terrorizes the retros Im not buying ****.

1. They are trying to get back to that level of brand recognition.This goes hand-in-hand with limiting production of retros. Sales have since increased but JB and Nike both grew tremendously during GH’s time there previously.

2. People are more selective nowadays so him trying to make big brand decisions we all dislike is going to play out VERY badly.

That only happened during his tenure because JB had no competition. JB needs to wake up.

It’s simple guys...Under Gentry Jordan Brand had super high sales numbers and very low manufacturing costs...

Currently they’re paying a little more for better quality materials and sales numbers have dropped...Nike just wants to get back to those high profit margins they had while Gentry was running the Jordan show

And where did you get this info from?

Back
Top Bottom