"Breaking News" during Sportscenter

Now of the many things that irks me this may be the worst, but "Breaking News" on sportscenter has really gotten out of hand. Is it really'breaking' if it happened 6 hours ago? It's only breaking news if it's something of importance, otherwise it's just 'news' the kindyou fill a normal sportscenter program with. Equally offensive, is the same network that has exactly 2 million different graphics and camera angles forsportscenter, strangely shares the same sounds and look for 'breaking news' that it does for 'this just in'. Am i alone on this or do many ofyou share the same point of view.

lol i know it pisses me off too. I will read that T-mac is out for the year and it's "breaking news". Then I get on NT and there's already a3 page thread on it.

They're just copying all the other news stations out there in their own little way... CNN and Fox News always have breaking news that isn't really newsat all, but a way to grab your interest on a slow news day.

It's annoying.. but how much of what ESPN does nowadays isn't?

SC is where your average fan gets their news... not everyone is on a sports message board or scours espn.com for hours during the day...

If uncle John the casual fan gets some breaking news that happened earlier in the day and he doesnt mind...

Yeh i noticed this too..earlier it said Tyson or Blake Griffin was out for tonight's game.That is not breaking news!!

Breaking news is a big trade or a big name player being released

ESPNEWS FTW
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

SC is where your average fan gets their news... not everyone is on a sports message board or scours espn.com for hours during the day...

If uncle John the casual fan gets some breaking news that happened earlier in the day and he doesnt mind...

I know what you're saying but alot of what they say should be classified as regular news not 'breaking'.

These dudes at ESPN manufacture news. They have discussions way early in the morning what they'll be talking about later on in the day in their newssegments. They blow little stuff up and and if something really does break they juice the hell out of it until they can't anymore.

One of the many reasons why I hardly watch ESPN now and stick with local cable sports networks instead.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

exactly.

some people actually go to work every day from 9-5... at real jobs where they can't just surf the internet all day (not me
embarassed.gif
)

when they finally get around to catching up with sports, this stuff is going to be news to them.

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

smh.gif
ESPN=GARBAGE
EXACTLY

This !!%@ went down the toilet along with the "music" channels at the same time.

why people still watch it, AND complain is beyond me

The bottom line in general has gotten out of hand to me, especially cause u have it now on every ESPN channel and during every sporting event....and you nowget even more New York Yankee updates, the other day they actually had this scrolling for a good 8 hours under "MLB":

"New York Yankees Manager Joe Girardi said Wednesday he is leaning towards batting Mark Teixeira 3rd and Alex Rodriguez 4th in Yankees lineup in2009"

90% of the rest of MLB teams you get almost no daily or weekly news, then the Yanks you get breaking stories on their damn lineup.....then their owners'comments, Jeter's thoughts on the economy, Hal's thoughts on Jeter's thoughts, ARod talked to Peter Gammons exclusively on ESPN, did you know theSox and Yanks hate each other?, and Joe Torre's thoughts on the last season he managed the Yanks.

The worst is probably the HD ESPNEWS, where you get the breaking story on ARod on the bottom line, then the same breaking news on the left hand side thing, andthen the same breaking news in the main screen.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

The exact point I stopped taking ESPN seriously

BREAKING NEWS: Tensions mounting inside the Dallas Cowboys locker roon

You think ESPN is bad? Try CNN. Every time Obama talks it is breaking news. A SCHEDULED speech or news conference is not breaking news.

Yeah, the news isn't really that late breaking. Sportscenter is whack and has been whack for a long time now. I wish I had millions of dollars so I canmake a sports channel that would compete with ESPN.

Back
Top Bottom